Game Patch makes platinum impossible?

Okay now that there was a patch on the game to stop dount drifting, I feel like the platinum is impossible to get. Is anyone having trouble getting the platinum after this patch was added? I feel like the last two drifting challenges in the super cars special events are impossible now that you cant dount drift. Has anyone done them legitimately? Because every YouTube video I see uses the dount drift technique.

Edited by Stevieboy
Merged threads & posts.

Okay now that there was a patch on the game to stop dount drifting, I feel like the platinum is impossible to get. Is anyone having trouble getting the platinum after this patch was added? I feel like the last two drifting challenges in the super cars special events are impossible now that you cant dount drift. Has anyone done them legitimately? Because every YouTube video I see uses the dount drift technique.

That's why when games like TTR come out I do the exploits ASAP before the devs patch it up. Same goes for Hardware Rivals. Thank the universe I got that donut drifting done otherwise I don't think i would have gotten the Plat because I seriously suck at drifting. Took me a while to get the plat on NEED FOR SPEED because i struggled on the drifting parts. Oh well...

DF007gamer.png

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

That's why when games like TTR come out I do the exploits ASAP before the devs patch it up. Same goes for Hardware Rivals. Thank the universe I got that donut drifting done otherwise I don't think i would have gotten the Plat because I seriously suck at drifting. Took me a while to get the plat on NEED FOR SPEED because i struggled on the drifting parts. Oh well...

DF007gamer.png

Every single YouTube video I watch for tips just show them doing donuts, so I feel like nobody has done these legitimately

Every single YouTube video I watch for tips just show them doing donuts, so I feel like nobody has done these legitimately

Don't think most gamers will be honest enough to admit using the exploit but i definitely used it. There are a handful of gamers that have got it legitimately just because they skilled at drifting, I totally suck at drifting for some reason but I'm a fairly good racer otherwise in other departments

Ive did all drift events legit without the donut but that was way before the patch. So i do think its still posibble to do legit.

How much did you get on the million point drift challenge

Edited by Stevieboy
Merged posts.
  • Like 1

Just got the Plat.

I used the donut drifting for the 1,000,000 drift but not really for any of the others. Honestly, it was easier for me to do the normal drifting than the donuts.

The million is the exception, I could not control the freaking supercar for crap. It took me over 50 tries to get it right, too, because it's not perfect. You can't just get in a rhythm and do it. You have to kind of adapt and adjust. 

As a tip, I'd recommend getting around 250000 to 500000 points and then starting over with the donuts. It takes a lot of patience but I never thought it was impossible, just super frustrating. 

• Like 1

it is doable to do it the legit way because ive done it and it didnt even take that long. All you have to do is learn the course and turns. eventually u will see that u will be able to get tru the course in one go. If u can do that then u will learn to go over the timer and just keep drifting. Just keep at it and youll get it.

OEz800.png

• Like 1

Doing the drifts legit is possible, but it's very very difficult. I did the donuts.

There are legit videos out there. The one for 1,000,000 points basically requires you to go around the course multiple times without ever losing the drift, because you have to go beyond the 90 second timer. If you stop the drift for too long, the round ends. It's not just that you have to get the million, it's that you basically have to get it in one long drift.

Listen with me ive seen the vids and i tried it but i just couldnt do it the donut way i dunno maybe im to retarded for that cheat so i just started doing it the legit way and practise.

and trust me it didnt take more then an hour so its doable since im not a good racer at all. Practise makes perfect :D

OEz800.png

• Like 2

As I said in a different post,

I just got the Plat tonight. Did the drifting stuff last night. Majority of the drifting challenges I actually found it easier to do legitimately.

The biggest tip I can give on the 1,000,000 challenge is to do 250,000 or 500,000 and then restart the donuts. You'll get the million after enough attempts. The donuts aren't really easy to do. You have to adjust and adapt.

I got the plat legit doing drifts. I wish I had known about the donut trick tho when it could be used. Would of saved me a bit of time. :/ If you look it up if your struggling i'm sure there will be a video on how to do it legit. You just have to follow the same pattern over and over to maximize your points.

• Like 1

Could you not just delete the game and install it and play it without the latest patch?

Table Top Racing is a digital game so you can't delete patches unlike games that are on disc. Or I could be wrong but that's my understanding of the digital games

Edited by DF007gamer

Table Top Racing is a digital game so you can't delete patches unlike games that are on disc. Or I could be wrong but that's my understanding of the digital games

You are correct. That goes for all digital games on PS4.

• Like 1

The goal is to use the boosts around certain corners to keep the drift up. Biggest area for your drift to fall apart is near the finish line on the jump. You have to jump and then turn one way to land so you start drifting and then immediately shift to the other side to continue it. It's really just about learning the sweet spot of when the car starts its drift. Think I ended at 1.3 million but was still going strong and just ended it before I hit a wall and lost the whole score.

• Like 1

i don`t know why people have problems with these challenges. I got the 1 million points on my third try. Just try to keep your combo and use the boosts to get fast and long drifts at the corners (especially the first corner after the start/finish line). Speed and drift distance are the most important things to get the most points (and obviously not hitting the wall to not loose all the points  :P ).

Edited by Alex_R-13

i don`t know why people have problems with these challenges. I got the 1 million points on my third try. Just try to keep your combo and use the boosts to get fast and long drifts at the corners (especially the first corner after the start/finish line). Speed and drift distance are the most important things to get the most points (and obviously not hitting the wall to not loose all the points  :P ).

it's one of those things....I just can't F@#King drift  :facepalm:  xD

Lionheartc - question

Are you saying you got the 1 mill drift yesterday using the donut method but restarting your donuts at 250k and 500k then starting a 3rd donut to do last 500k?

Yet did other drifts legit?

Just a little confused on what your saying.. making me believe it's still possible to do the donut exploit.

Maybe you stopped the patch downloading?

How was your mclaren set up?

Listen with me ive seen the vids and i tried it but i just couldnt do it the donut way i dunno maybe im to retarded for that cheat so i just started doing it the legit way and practise.

and trust me it didnt take more then an hour so its doable since im not a good racer at all. Practise makes perfect :D

Lol. I couldn't get that stupid donut exploit to work, either, and ended up doing it legit. Like you say, just got to keep trying. 

All I have now is the last drifting challenge to do, I just can't seem to make it to 1 million. I guess I have to watch more legit videos of this challenge but I just can't maintain a drift long enough to rack up points

Edited by monwoo10

Why would it be "impossible"? It's obviously hard now because you actually have to play the game it was intended for and not cheat your way to it.

I actually got this last night as well. Took me bloody ages but with practice you'll get it. You'll know the track with your eyes closed.Turned down the handling a few bars and job done. I hardly used the brake either. Just ease of the throttle, turn then boot it again.