Game Patch makes platinum impossible?

Why would it be "impossible"? It's obviously hard now because you actually have to play the game it was intended for and not cheat your way to it.

I'm definitely glad I did this platinum when it came out! I used the donut drift method. I just couldn't get the hang of legitimately drifting

My opinion is a combination of these two posts :-)

i had to do it the doughnut way for most of the tracks, there was a few i could fishtail through and add points up but nearly impossible legit. it has to be one entire long drift nonstop without crashing for all the laps the legit way and then over the time and f that lmao. when i was finishing the game up on my last drifts last month or whatever i saw the game patch trying to update i canceled out of it immediately. i figured the game already worked good and took a guess that they  might be patching doughnuts so i just continued to cancel the update. im sure you can prob delete the entire game and redownload it then when the patch tries to download cancel it unless its already added in to it now

a tip for drifting though is to mod your specs on your car, what i did was keep my top speed up and turned my handling down. depending on the class of the car. dont have everything at full for the fastest cars except speed. its really really hard to get the hang of it. its easier to drift on the faster cars. but then the special courses where you are forced to use the slower cars is a bit harder because its harder to drift going so slow

Edited by melodicmizery

Lmao didn't know people actually had trouble with this game. I didn't even know there was a glitch for the drift events. It's really not that hard just make sure you don't lose your combo and use boost in the corners points go up pretty fast that way.

Lionheartc - question

Are you saying you got the 1 mill drift yesterday using the donut method but restarting your donuts at 250k and 500k then starting a 3rd donut to do last 500k?

Yet did other drifts legit?

Just a little confused on what your saying.. making me believe it's still possible to do the donut exploit.

Maybe you stopped the patch downloading?

How was your mclaren set up?

I did the majority of the drifts in the game legit. The only one I cheesed was the last one- the million. I recommend doing the donuts and restarting your donut at 250-500k. I didn't stop a patch; drifting was still working for me when I did it, albeit it was difficult to control. The donut isn't a perfect circle and it throws you off course so you have to adjust and adapt to the changes by pressing R2 at the right times. You don't have to break at all once you get into the rhythm, but I did have to break to start the donuts.

Woah, I think I just dodged a bullet! On the day I platted TTR the patch downloaded but wasn't installed since the game was running. I used the donut method for all drifting because I suck at it and I still had one left. Originally I wasn't even going to play this game now but put it off for later, glad I didn't wait.

This probably doesn't help anymore, but on the 1mil drifting I downgraded my McHandful to minimum, that way donuts can be done by holding R2 the whole time without feathering throttle.

I don't think they got the balance right for drifting.  Compare it to DriveClub as an example: Races in DriveClub are much harder than races in this game.  Drifting in DriveClub is also quite hard.  BUT the difficulty of drifting events feels on par with the races before and after them.   As the races get harder, so do the drift events.  Not so with Table Top Racing: World Tour.  The races are absolutely piddle-easy.  Every single one of them.  One or two require a little more effort than others, but with the right car and right upgrades, there is nothing to them.  Then a drift event comes along, and you find yourself trying repeatedly, sometimes for ridiculously long periods and of course it gets very frustrating.  It's just very poor skill level balancing and it will make casual players put the game down and never play it again.  Not great assuming the publisher wants people to actually buy DLC.

Edited by fauxtronic
  • Like 1

Just like a few others I wasn't able to do them the donut way so I did them the normal way. It was mainly a matter of tweaking the car. Tuning the cornering stat (I forgot how it was called) down so the car enters a drift easier. Also keep driving slowly while going from left to right on the track, learn the track, get the rhythm and done. For me, this was way easier than doing the donuts.

Well, I've given up on it but thanks anyway.  Hopefully someone else will find that info useful.

Given the choice between getting further trophies in the DriveClub DLC I own and haven't played yet, and spending a ridiculous amount of time doing the same thing over and over again in this game, I've gone with the former.

I like getting trophies but only if the gameplay is fun.  This got extremely monotonous, so, buh-bye it is.

Edited by fauxtronic
  • Like 1

I did it in legitmate way.. its perfectly possible.. will take some tries.. but its perfectly possible...its about practice..1 million point drift u can easily drift continuously till u come to the end of lap.. thats where while that little jump comes u need to jump a bit tilted..u wont loose on drift then..

Listen with me ive seen the vids and i tried it but i just couldnt do it the donut way i dunno maybe im to retarded for that cheat so i just started doing it the legit way and practise.

and trust me it didnt take more then an hour so its doable since im not a good racer at all. Practise makes perfect :D

OEz800.png

Guess I'll try practising again, cause I too am seemingly too retarded to do it the donut way :P

I was watching a friend shareplay drifting to me as I am absolutely terrible at racing games (and apparently a masochist since I'm playing TTR). The biggest realization I had was that for the "S" drifts on non-corners was that when you go left with the car, your wheels go the other direction (requiring the use of both analog sticks during a drift). Considering I couldn't even get the 3-stars on a Street Car drift event, I just wanted to share my realization.

(2nd attempt at the 1 million, I got 150k practicing my "S" moves -- if I get this plat, no one can say it's impossible!)

If this was a "well duh, Kall!" post, then carry on.

(From our facebook page)

For those of you struggling with Drifting - here's some tips.

1. Buy a good drift car. Like the Rally's Cool or better still, if you have the DLC Pack use the Apex GT. Its the best in the game for drifting.

2. Remember that drifting isn't about speed so go into the garage and de-tune the car - you want the handling down to zero (use the shoulder buttons) and then play with the speed and acceleration until you're comfortable leaving an have it under control. With the handling on zero you'll be scoring pretty much all the time.

3. You can Drift after the clock reaches zero and on many of the levels you need to.

4. Use the boosts and super-boosts where you can, its essential as the faster your boost is, the quicker you score.

5. Don't be greedy. If you need to score 400,000 break it into two sections and then make sure you stop the car with the brakes once you have your 200k.

Same with the 1,000,000 drift. You need to de-tune the McHandful and use the turbo and super-turbo pickups to boost the score quicker.

The reason we have had to stop the donuts is because we plan on bringing leaderboards and so we have eliminate cheating so that they are meaningful.

Good luck

Let me just say that it's awesome that a developer not only takes the time to explain something in the game that some gamers don't get, but also takes the time to share this information on another forum. And that while their game was on PS+ last month so most people here will probably not have paid for the game.

P.S. I'm one of the gamers who didn't get drifting. Glad I tried the game right away and got so hooked that I wanted to complete it then and there, when the donuts were still possible. :-)

(From our facebook page)

For those of you struggling with Drifting - here's some tips.

1. Buy a good drift car. Like the Rally's Cool or better still, if you have the DLC Pack use the Apex GT. Its the best in the game for drifting.

2. Remember that drifting isn't about speed so go into the garage and de-tune the car - you want the handling down to zero (use the shoulder buttons) and then play with the speed and acceleration until you're comfortable leaving an have it under control. With the handling on zero you'll be scoring pretty much all the time.

3. You can Drift after the clock reaches zero and on many of the levels you need to.

4. Use the boosts and super-boosts where you can, its essential as the faster your boost is, the quicker you score.

5. Don't be greedy. If you need to score 400,000 break it into two sections and then make sure you stop the car with the brakes once you have your 200k.

Same with the 1,000,000 drift. You need to de-tune the McHandful and use the turbo and super-turbo pickups to boost the score quicker.

The reason we have had to stop the donuts is because we plan on bringing leaderboards and so we have eliminate cheating so that they are meaningful.

Good luck

I'll add these to the trophy guide on PSNP. Always cool to see devs taking the time to communicate on forums.

Okay now that there was a patch on the game to stop dount drifting, I feel like the platinum is impossible to get. Is anyone having trouble getting the platinum after this patch was added? I feel like the last two drifting challenges in the super cars special events are impossible now that you cant dount drift. Has anyone done them legitimately? Because every YouTube video I see uses the dount drift technique.

I've done a guide iv even hit 20 Million using braking's bad legit. I made a video to try explain as it is 100% achievable and you just gota keep trying. Reduce handling down as much as possible to help!

https://youtu.be/yUxxAjW2KAI

Edited by karlembo