Game Patch makes platinum impossible?

Okay now that there was a patch on the game to stop dount drifting, I feel like the platinum is impossible to get. Is anyone having trouble getting the platinum after this patch was added? I feel like the last two drifting challenges in the super cars special events are impossible now that you cant dount drift. Has anyone done them legitimately? Because every YouTube video I see uses the dount drift technique.

Far from impossible..I did this last night while drunk.....I think you just need more practice..

Okay now that there was a patch on the game to stop dount drifting, I feel like the platinum is impossible to get. Is anyone having trouble getting the platinum after this patch was added? I feel like the last two drifting challenges in the super cars special events are impossible now that you cant dount drift. Has anyone done them legitimately? Because every YouTube video I see uses the dount drift technique.

Remember how I said this was impossible? Well I got the platinum a couple days ago. Everyone was right, just watch a legit video , take notes from it and practice your ass off

Remember how I said this was impossible? Well I got the platinum a couple days ago. Everyone was right, just watch a legit video , take notes from it and practice your ass off

Congratulations and welcome to the #TTRLegend club! It's rather easy once you do it a few times haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really doable after patch. Im not a good gaming racer (still need motivation to finish Drive Club) but i managed to do it after few tries in a legit way.

If You're thinking its not possible, well if i've done it, You will do it as well :)

I agree it is doable even if you are not a superstar at racing games! 

Check out how I was able to do it in this video! - 

Got it legit aswell, it certainly isn't impossible, even did it for a friend aswell. The worst part of the drifting for 1mil is the last stretch, cause the game might cancel out the drifting because you need to get close asf to the wall and end up hitting it... Just take your time, turn of the game and get back to it later, good luck :-)

Every single YouTube video I watch for tips just show them doing donuts, so I feel like nobody has done these legitimately

i did it legit, without donuts and with a full powered car, and i suck at racing games, here's the video, hope it helps, you just need to get the rhythm correctly, not easy but doable

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

i managed to do it. It took me a few tries, but you just have to be very mindful about using the boosts and the angle you take on the turns. You'll get there, don't worry. What I'm struggling with is finding multiplayer matches. I don't know if it's the servers or what...

• 1 month later...

Did this legit too,when you got the feel for the course it was just trying until you got it. A tip that worked for me was decrease handling 1 step and everything else at maximum.  I thought the drifting was the most fun in all the game ?. The crash courses was boring because you had to be lucky, not much skill needed imho.

Edited by Filmgalning

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn... I'm about to give up on it, Drifting challenges are way too difficult when compared to any other kind of challenges. Is like a whole different level of difficulty. Like comparing Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja with God of War on easy. It's like they're intended to do them with the donuts or something. I followed all your tips and I'm not even close to reach the mark goal of those challenges... Damn, I'm not even reaching the half of it. And I'm a fella who happen to get the platinum of Wipeout HD. If that developer is still around here, you should decrease the reach goal of those specific challenges to the half or something. This is just insane :(:(

Edit: I just got 400.000 and 1.000.000 drift challenges and platinum looks a little less impossible now but man... For a sequel I wouldn't mind the races to be more difficult and the drift challenges more easy.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.6.2016 at 5:59 PM, Z-U said:

(From our facebook page)

For those of you struggling with Drifting - here's some tips.

1. Buy a good drift car. Like the Rally's Cool or better still, if you have the DLC Pack use the Apex GT. Its the best in the game for drifting.

2. Remember that drifting isn't about speed so go into the garage and de-tune the car - you want the handling down to zero (use the shoulder buttons) and then play with the speed and acceleration until you're comfortable leaving an have it under control. With the handling on zero you'll be scoring pretty much all the time.

3. You can Drift after the clock reaches zero and on many of the levels you need to.

4. Use the boosts and super-boosts where you can, its essential as the faster your boost is, the quicker you score.

5. Don't be greedy. If you need to score 400,000 break it into two sections and then make sure you stop the car with the brakes once you have your 200k.

Same with the 1,000,000 drift. You need to de-tune the McHandful and use the turbo and super-turbo pickups to boost the score quicker.

The reason we have had to stop the donuts is because we plan on bringing leaderboards and so we have eliminate cheating so that they are meaningful.

Good luck

Awesome that you actually come with tips for this and explain why the donut method was patched.

But you honestly need to look at the difficulty balancing here. Like someone else said here (sorry, don't remember your name) the races in this game aren't too bad. You might need a few tries to get three stars but they suit a casual style of play. But the drifting takes that level of difficulty and multiplies it by 10. And the thing that's really frustrating to me is that on some races you have to hold your drift for a long time after the clock hits 0 seconds. There's pretty much no room for error, so you have to be perfect. And while that's obviously possible, it's very, very hard to do. I wouldn't mind the fact that it's hard if you had just put enough time on the clock to get some of these scores.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't like the fact that you've made this game 80-85% casual and 15-20% super difficult.

That said though, you are the developer and are obviously entitled to make the game as hard or easy as you like. And I did enjoy the game, except for the drifting :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Why do people think the drifts (400k and 1M especially) are soooo difficult? I've played like 2 racing games on PS4 because I don't like them and I did the drifts first or second try. Legit, without Donut whatever. And there really isn't much to it.

Tune down Handling AND armor to 0. Keep the rest at max. That way you drift continuously at high speed.. now all you got to do is feather your R2 button in tight curves. Once you hit 100k points, you get like 20k per second.. so really all you need is one long drift. Long being like, 50 seconds tops. 

I'm having a lot more trouble with one of the time trials..