Difficulty for beginners

Hi, so I've had this game since I got it on Plus a while back, and was wondering how hard it is to platinum/100% it for a beginner.

I'm not super good at fighting games (only ever platinumed the first BlazBlue game), and don't have a lot of experience at combo trials, are they difficult to complete? I assume this is where the grunt of the difficulty towards the platinum is located.

Looking at a guide I feel the trophy rating is deceiving..

Thanks!

I would agree with trophy guide its 5/10, everything isnt too hard except challenges for DLC characters. With practice even those DLC chars arent that hard thou, P4A is something to be afraid of when it comes to difficulty. I m also a noob in fighting games :P ​

• Like 3

I played and platinumed it and I'm shit at fighting games. It's possible to exploit the combo trials by pausing the game and inputting the next button immediately after unpausing it. I'd recommend doing Sho with or without persona for the trials because he has the least amount of trials (and his were the easiest imo.) That being said, it was still moderately difficult to pull off.

Outside of the combo trials, the game is just a grind. You can clear the story and Golden Arena modes by having the game play for you in auto mode. You'll just need to assign points to your stats and pick out the special skills for your character to have. The rest of the offline trophies can be earned on the lowest difficulty and the online trophies are easily boostable.

I can't speak towards the 100% difficulty because I don't want to pay for the dlc.

• Like 1

Excluding Don't Think Feel trophy - 2/10

Including that - 6/10

100% - Around 7-8/10 (Adachi's challenges are cancer and Marie is more difficult than most of the main cast)

I played and platinumed it and I'm shit at fighting games. It's possible to exploit the combo trials by pausing the game and inputting the next button immediately after unpausing it. I'd recommend doing Sho with or without persona for the trials because he has the least amount of trials (and his were the easiest imo.) That being said, it was still moderately difficult to pull off.

This, this, this, so much this =D

Btw, you did modified challenge 25 or official?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

It's always hilarious to see how the raitings are for the Game. Sure, compared to the vanilla P4A, P4AU is a lot easier, but thats the problem at difficulty raiting. They underrate the game for this reason. Especially as a newbie the Game isnt easy at all. Kuuhaku made some explanations, but an other person just tell you the point of view, by "just having it on the account". :hmm:

In case, P4AU and for example BBCPEX are underrated games, but yes... everyone is seeing it different tho. 

Also you dont need to be afraid of starting the vanilla P4A.

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-
  • Like 1

It's always hilarious to see how the raitings are for the Game. Sure, compared to the vanilla P4A, P4AU is a lot easier, but thats the problem at difficulty raiting. They underrate the game for this reason. Especially as a newbie the Game isnt easy at all. Kuuhaku made some explanations, but an other person just tell you the point of view, by "just having it on the account". :hmm:

In case, P4AU and for example BBCPEX are underrated games, but yes... everyone is seeing it different tho. 

Also you dont need to be afraid of starting the vanilla P4A.

Apart from the point of it being underrated in comparison to P4A, and the fact that it would still be hard for a new fighting game player (as with all fighting games) I am afraid I don't follow anything else you're trying to say.

I've played fighters, but never been one to master them, and it's been several years since I'd played one at all. I was able to Plat P4AU without too much trouble. I probably spent longer boosting the online than working the challenges. Just jump in, take it one combo at a time and you'll get there.

I've played fighters, but never been one to master them, and it's been several years since I'd played one at all. I was able to Plat P4AU without too much trouble. I probably spent longer boosting the online than working the challenges. Just jump in, take it one combo at a time and you'll get there.

You still have Adachi & Marie left. :hmm: They are harder to do then Magarete. 

Well if you do not care for all the DLC and want only the platinum on the easiest way possible then you can purchase Magarete to complete the challenges. Completing all challenges for one character is the hardest part in game. I am for about 5-6/10 difficulty without DLC :)

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

You still have Adachi & Marie left. :hmm: They are harder to do then Magarete.

This. VV I don't give a single F about earning 100% in this game. The truth is that I didn't particularly enjoy it, but wanted to challenge myself by earning at least one fighting Plat. Since it was free on plus it was the natural choice for me. His post asked how hard to Plat/100%, so my comment was made from just a Plat perspective.

Well if you do not care for all the DLC and want only the platinum on the easiest way possible then you can purchase Magarete to complete the challenges. Completing all challenges for one character is the hardest part in game. I am for about 5-6/10 difficulty without DLC :)

• Like 1

Yes, as xDLl0YD091x- mentioned already, Margaret's challenges are a tad easier than the rest of the cast of characters to choose from in P4AU. Though, it may be different from person-to-person as everyone has different backgrounds when it comes to any genre of game. As for P4A, yeah as xDLl0YD091x- mentioned it is a great game to get into especially if you are a fan of the Persona 4 series. While P4A is harder than P4AU due to the Score Attack mode and the challenge mode, it is still a good game nonetheless.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Would i be comfortable going into this game if i only played 3D Fighters?

This would be my first 2D Fighter. just like to know if i even have a chance at the platinum.

Solely depends on your trial button skills.

The Platinum pretty much equals clearing all trials for one character.

What are the online trophies?

Rank trophies, using characters set times, using all characters, beating shadow characters, 100 matches.

Many more can be boosted but also are available offline (the most suitable being the grand slam trophy)

Rank trophies, using characters set times, using all characters, beating shadow characters, 100 matches.

Many more can be boosted but also are available offline (the most suitable being the grand slam trophy)

thanks, I probably won't be rushing to play this soon but I recently bought a fight stick (not delivered yet) and want to clear up DOA5LR (I think only Combo Challenge, 100 online matches and some of the tag trophies are left)

So basically it's just playing with each character online a number of times that requires the boost? And the ranking (depending on how high it is)

So basically it's just playing with each character online a number of times that requires the boost? And the ranking (depending on how high it is)

Each base character (including their shadow versions, though) only needs to be used once.

Bigger amount (10) is for DLC characters if you buy them.

Ranking takes some time as you need level 30 and it usually takes 2-3 matches to level up depending on your opponent's level.

• Like 1

Each base character (including their shadow versions, though) only needs to be used once.

Bigger amount (10) is for DLC characters if you buy them.

Ranking takes some time as you need level 30 and it usually takes 2-3 matches to level up depending on your opponent's level.

Oh, rank as in Level rather than skill rank. That's much better (if the servers are still alive).

I saw from the previous posts that you could buy DLC to make the trials easier, is it way easier compared to the main cast of combo challenges or not that much? i haven't started on the trials mode yet, so i do not know.

Edited by d1l2e3v4
  • Like 1

I saw from the previous posts that you could buy DLC to make the trials easier, is it way easier compared to the main cast of combo challenges or not that much? i haven't started on the trials mode yet, so i do not know.

Some say... Margaret's ones are the easiest.

Personally, I got stuck on her #16 and when I saw she had more trials with 2 double quarter combos, I gave up on her and decided to do both Shos.

So... it solely depends on your playstyle. For some, Marge can be easiest, for others it can be Sho or Minazuki.

For some, even Shabby is an option.