Tips for veteran

Stand behind cover, shoot at the right time, be patient.

That's the best tip to play any CoD on Veteran, trying to rush in Veteran mode will only get you killed. If the enemies force you to get out of cover with grenades, run to a different cover position.

Hardest part for me was the final set of stairs in "Hear of the Reich", but that's easily done if you take out the snipers first, with the sniper rifle in one of the houses. When you kill them rush because enemies will just respawn if you don't progress. In the mission where you use a tank, never stay still, just keep moving and taking down targets.

Also, try to flank enemies when possible, good luck.

• 1 month later...

I decided to finish veteran this weekend, Luckily I was on the 2nd last mission. Now my only tip is for "Downfall" (Last mission), once you finally make it into the Reichstag and at the lobby, you can't see shit, ie were people are shooting from. At the lobby entrance you'll see 2 pillars on the stair case, run to the one on the right, you'll see a doorway in front of you, run to that and go prone the moment you take a bullet, continue prone through the doorway. You'll be behind 2 crates with a small gap, take out the enemies through the gap in that room. To the right of were you are is another crate to hide behind, move to there and look back to your left, you can see into the lobby and start taking people out, if you start seeing grenade icons than quickly go back behind the other 2 crates, this means that there is probably more enemies in the room you're in. Follow this procedure back and forth until you think you're ahead. When entering the lobby from the side, do so slowly as there will no doubt be a couple of enemies left at the top of the stairs. The next room overlooks the parliament room, you need to get to the balcony, the door and ladder is behind you on the right. The rest of this mission is quite easy.

This is the hardest COD to veteran in my opinion, you just need to take a break every now and then and persevere through. No matter what you do you just don't want to restart maps, the enemies are not as predictable as other cods and it's raining grenades all of the time. When you think that there just isn't any hope or that you've been unfairly knocked off, just keep going.