XP Grinding / Apex Predator

Pixel

Anyone reading this will be aware of the various ways to grind XP in this game in order to reach level 40 for Apex Predator. However, I believe I have found a faster alternative to the already well documented methods.

Pick Solo, Custom Arena, and change the settings so that it works in your favour for playing monster (You will not need Sudden Death so feel free to leave this off). You will also want to set match time limit to infinite and hunter strikes to 0. The map does not matter but my personal preference is Distillery.

When it comes to picking Characters, the only ones you will absolutely need is Wraith for monster and Caira for medic. I suggest however you put Maggie as the trapper (you will see why later). You will want to pick faster ability cooldown for your perk. You will also want to maximise skill points on Abduction, what you spend the rest of the points on does not matter so much but Warp Blast is handy for the grind too.

Start the match, and kill everyone except Caira and Daisy (Maggie's pet Trapjaw). Sudden Death will trigger if you left it on, and what you will want to do now is just Abduct Caira as often as you can without killing her. She can generally heal faster than you can adbuct her when you look at it on a large enough scale. Each abduct is 100XP and you know it will trigger as it will say "Stealth Attack" in the bottom left corner. The secondary factor of this grinding technique uses Warp Blast against Daisy. I believe every second Warp Blast merits its respective award for dealing damage, another 100XP for each time this is awarded. This is riskier, but obviously more efficient (it's quite easy to accidentally hit Caira and potentially kill her while targetting Daisy with Warp Blast).

That's all there is to it. But I have tested this in comparison to the Evacuation method, and in my experience you can earn about 12-14k XP in the same amount of time. Which is at least 20% more. I hope this helps people and if staff want to add this to the guide/remove the thread in the process, feel free.