The Walking Dead season 3 E3 2016 trailer

The most interesting thing about this trailer is how they really seem to have retooled their programming kit to at least improve graphics, and hopefully reduce bugs.

Will force myself to wait for this as Telltale is horrible with sales, putting season passes on sale before the first DLC has been released... As long as they keep going like that, I don't think it's worth it buying their stuff full price.

I can't wait for this. I really hope Kenny returns as he's my favourite character. All of my choices in Season Two were angled towards him.

When I replayed S1 and S2 after getting a PS4 and getting rid of my X360, I actually replayed S1 much kinder towards Kenny. I was going against him most of the time the first time around, after the evenst of the last episode of S1 and almost everything in S2 I loved the character a lot more.

Should I bother to get Michonne's series or not, bearing in mind that I don't give a single shit about anything Walking Dead, other than the first two seasons?

Does it like tie into season three or?

It ties into a period of time in the comics where Michonne isn't present.  As no charaters comic wise have really crossed over to the games featuring Clem you are probably safe to skip this.

Should I bother to get Michonne's series or not, bearing in mind that I don't give a single shit about anything Walking Dead, other than the first two seasons?

It does not tie into season three (probably).

However, if you liked the two seasons then I would say you should get Michonne. Yes it's an entirely separate story but the core is still there, and I thought it was a very effective story (except for a bit of stupid 'visions from the past' fluff, which I did not care for).

Background: Next to the games (which were my first TWD experiences), I watch the series and I read the comic books (sorry, "graphic novels"). I think the tv series is moving waaaay too slow compared to the comics and I think the games are sometimes stupid because they tend to force me into stuff that I would not have chosen like that. I have had this problem mostly with a lot of stuff from S2 and with a bit from the climax of Michonne.

I got Michonne on a 50% sale a week or two ago, thought it was worth it. Didn't want to get Telltale titles full price any more because they throw everything on sale so soon.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I would skip it. I did not get emotionally invested in it at all, and as far as I'm concerned it's TellTales weakest game out of their newer ones.

I'm going to try to stay away from all trailers and info about this game until it comes out. I don't want too much to be spoiled.

The first step? Not opening a thread which specifically names such a trailer.

Anyway, getting back to the thread, I'm happy Clem is the star here, but it seems weird. Weren't there a lot of places (and states of being) in which Clem counld have ended following season 2? Either TellTale is a whole lot more ambitious these days, or a lot of stuff is going to be swept under the rug.

I can't wait for this. I really hope Kenny returns as he's my favourite character. All of my choices in Season Two were angled towards him.

Yeah, me too. He was awesome enough that in two playthroughs, he was still my best bud.

This just made my E3 viewing worth it! I've been waiting for a season 3 announcement for a while!

Clementine's story was probably my favorite in the two seasons and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

Though by the look of the trailer it almost seems like the man is gonna be the played character. idk, it's a short trailer so that may not mean anything.

Regardless, I'm SO excited!

• 1 month later...

Let's up it actually runs properly. Telltale need to get their shit together already, all those millions and no intention to improve the game engine

This game and Batman are actually the first on Telltale's new engine, and yes it was about time.

Edited by BillyHorrible