Atari Flashback Classics Volumes 1 & 2

Great, now I am obligated by gaming law to platinum this since it is my first gaming console I ever owned. It is kinda funny that I am going to play most of my favorite games from my first console (Atari 2600) on my current one (PS4) meanwhile most games from my favorite console (PS2) are not even on the PS4 yet.

IMG_1446_zpsymkl31xr.jpg

• Like 2

Great, now I am obligated by gaming law to platinum this since it is my first gaming console I ever owned. It is kinda funny that I am going to play most of my favorite games from my first console (Atari 2600) on my current one (PS4) meanwhile most games from my favorite console (PS2) are not even on the PS4 yet.

IMG_1446_zpsymkl31xr.jpg

Luckily, I started with the SNES (still my favourite console, but that's a discussion for a different thread) and kept to Nintendo for a long time so I only felt compelled to 100% Super Star Wars.

Anything below 16-bit is too far gone to count on nostalgic feelings on my end, yeah I was around back then but I only got really interested in gaming when the 16-bit era started.

• 5 months later...

So, looking over this, it looks like no-go for me. I think all of the games on both volume 1 and 2 were sold for $19.99 in a single package on PS2. Further, the game still seems to have done nothing to optimize control for trak ball or paddle games (circus atari, a pretty fun bouncing game, is a disaster without paddles, and crystal castles is almost unplayable).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 7:15 AM, Lucas said:

Any news on an European release for these games?

Over here in NZ, I did see the first volume up for preorder on one site, says for March 24th I believe

http://www.nzgameshop.com/ps4-games/atari-flashback-classics-volume-1-ps4-game

So at least it's not far off, hopefully the date remains true, as I'd like to pick up one to play.  Didn't look into volume 2 though on if it's releasing the same day or not.

On 28-2-2017 at 4:00 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

Over here in NZ, I did see the first volume up for preorder on one site, says for March 24th I believe

http://www.nzgameshop.com/ps4-games/atari-flashback-classics-volume-1-ps4-game

So at least it's not far off, hopefully the date remains true, as I'd like to pick up one to play.  Didn't look into volume 2 though on if it's releasing the same day or not.

Yeah, it also got listed on some Dutch sites today with a release date of March 31st and a price of €29,99 each. I might pick Volume 1 up when it drops in price a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 5:00 AM, Lucas said:

Yeah, it also got listed on some Dutch sites today with a release date of March 31st and a price of €29,99 each. I might pick Volume 1 up when it drops in price a little bit.

Looks like Vol 2 is releasing the same day.  I'll pick up Vol 2 the following week, as I think I'll grab Vol 1 next week... another two games to add to my backlog of ever growing games xD