Dark Valefor in besaid village

D4N11--

Anytime I use Yojimbo and want him to use Zanmato, I pay him 1024 gil, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  It works like this 1024 gil + RNG being on your side.  If doesn't work, quit and reload your game and try again. No reason to give up piles of gil for the move.

Yeah, but there's a couple of ways to make sure Yojimbo does it far more often. Read the thread. :P

Lol, if those are your stats you're not nearly good enough to beat the dark aeons (unless you abuse the Zanmato). Dark Aeons are meant as postgame bosses so come back after leveling up a lot and reaching the area inside Sin and beating Omega Weapon in the Omega Dungeon.

Also I thought you only needed to use each destruction sphere in every Cloister of Trials and get the temple treasure for Anima :hmm:.

Lol, I remember the first time I ran into him. I had no idea the Dark Aeons were about and I was just walking up the path. All of a sudden BOSS FIGHT...he cleaned the floor with me...and I hadn't saved in awhile :(

If you're looking for the plat, there's no reason to do this. Dark Valefor is very easy with even a decently leveled character (and since you need to fill the sphere grid, why wouldn't you be?).

I'm all for Zanmato for the poorly-designed bosses like Penance, but why waste the effort now?

Pretty much this ^

I've no probs with the Yojimbo advice, but it's always been cheap to me, much more satisfying to level the party and defeat enemies normally.   Save a few rare moments, FFX isn't a hard game, it's just a grind more than anything.

Not me. I had pretty bad luck with him. And isn't he pretty worthless against his dark version, anyway?

Grind up some affection first. Save first. Try to get lucky with Zanmato, then the second time you wanna have full Yojimbo overdrive, which increases chances greatly for a second time. Then Yuna's overdrive for a third time. I can't remember how many times, but after this you will just have to rely on luck again and then do damage! But that is basically a way to reduce luck! :) With enough affection, really not that much luck anymore.

Edited by MMDE

Lol, I remember the first time I ran into him. I had no idea the Dark Aeons were about and I was just walking up the path. All of a sudden BOSS FIGHT...he cleaned the floor with me...and I hadn't saved in awhile :(

Lol, that was the same for me the first time I ran into them :(. After encountering 3-4 of them I looked up their locations and avoided it :lol:.