God of War - E3 2016 Gameplay Trailer

HeySumbode

It may be me, but it looks like Kratos is training the boy and the boy will be the new main character. I base this on the two ocasions when experience is gained: tracking and archery both seem to come from the viewpoint of the boy, not Kratos.

And I bet on the "They killed my son, now I have to avenge him and kill everything" scenario =D

• Like 1

I mean, I like the different mythology being used, but... doesn't that mean we should get a new god of war?

It is a bit weird. I didnt know both mythologies would exist in the same universe. Kratos killed Ares so he can just kill another God of War  :P

LOTS OF NEWS ABOUT IT!!! :D

• The gameplay is being re-imagined, but the storyline is being continued within Norse Mythology.
  • We play as Kratos for the whole game.
  • The game is set “many years aftr God of War 3
  • It’s a much more intimate and player-controlled experience.
  • The accessibility should be the same as previous game, but the gameplay is totally different.
  • It’s a big game, but it’s not an open world.
  • “More to come” on more characters that will be included in the game.
  • The game will be released “soon,” not this year.
  • Quicktime Events won’t be included in the same way they were in the previous games.

Am I the only one concerned about this? Because this game doesn't look very God-of-War-sy. Feels more like the Last of Us meets Far Cry Primal meets Skyrim.

And I bet on the "They killed my son, now I have to avenge him and kill everything" scenario =D

Oh, please, not again. The first game had an excellent story, but II and III were just so childish. Make Kratos a human being again, not the spoiled brat he was in the last two games.

I was expecting you to be the creator of the God of War 4 thread. Disapointed Marsipan  :P

But wooooooohoooooo my favourite hack n slash returns :D . I heard the voice actor is different? If it is that's a shame

It looks like it plays a lot different in the combat and this time we can actually move the camera. I hope it still feels like god of war.

Quick-time events changed? nooooo i loved all the quick-time events in god of war. Especially the boss ones.

As long as we find out about the end of 3 i will be happy. Day 1 buy for me and hopefully the collectors edition has a sick statue. He looks funny with a beard xD . 

Kratos already avenged his wife and daughter in III so i'm intrigued as to how they continue the story

Agreed the one thing I am most curious about is how they are going to handle the ending of 3. If they just move on and go to Norse mythology it would almost seem like an unfinished trilogy.

• Like 1

I've been saying for years he survived and would wind up in Norse Mythology at some point. This made my year man. I don't mind the change in gameplay, it looks good, looks brutal, and the boss fights haven't changed much either. The new voice actor still sounds like the old Kratos, though not as anger filled. I like that Kratos is struggling to keep that anger in check, until he needs to use it. Like when he got angry at his son for missing the deer, and the rage meter filled alittle... but subsided when he calmed down. The ragged look, is awesome. Dat fucking Beard man. He's back baby. 

See, the thing about this is that we don't know if this is Kratos, or somebody that looks like Kratos since the character's name was never revealed. Second, if this is set "many years after God of War 3, then why not name it God of War 4? Because from my perspective, it has the same name as the original. So does this mean that it will have the same name as the original? If so, hen that is confusing as hell.

Aside from this, I cannot wait to see how "Kratos" managed to have a kid of his own since most of us know that the world has pretty much gone to shit via the third game, as well as who the new boss of the game will be.

See, the thing about this is that we don't know if this is Kratos, or somebody that looks like Kratos since the character's name was never revealed. Second, if this is set "many years after God of War 3, then why not name it God of War 4? Because from my perspective, it has the same name as the original. So does this mean that it will have the same name as the original? If so, hen that is confusing as hell.

Aside from this, I cannot wait to see how "Kratos" managed to have a kid of his own since most of us know that the world has pretty much gone to shit via the third game, as well as who the new boss of the game will be.

It's been confirmed that he is the Kratos we know, multiple times. If that is not enough, take a closer look... His stomach scar, he has scars on his arms from the chains, his tattoo. They wouldn't make a 100 percent identical character, only for it to not be Kratos. Part of the world is fucked. All gods exist and have their dominion in the God of War universe. As for the name, who knows. The game is still in production and could release as God of War 4, or with a subtitle. 

Edit: As for him having a son, since it's been many years since the end of God of War 3... Kratos has moved on. No longer consumed by vengeance... He probably found a woman to love and settled down a bit. 

Edited by KratosTheMighty
  • Like 2

Yep and there is still ghost Athena lurking around somewhere to haunt Kratos. 

Indeed, I once felt sorry for her. But she is the devil you never see coming, until it's too late. I don't think she'll play a role in this game. I could be wrong though. 

• Like 1

Yep and there is still ghost Athena lurking around somewhere to haunt Kratos. 

Indeed, I once felt sorry for her. But she is the devil you never see coming, until it's too late. I don't think she'll play a role in this game. I could be wrong though. 

... She's the mother! *gasp*

• Like 1