Crash Bandicoot: PS4 Remasters Announced

smellslikejavier

That was the big announcement.....

And then they confirmed the Skylanders thing.

I don't think I've felt any more betrayed than right now......

I loved just the giant cheer and build up at the start of announcing it and then just the disappointed hush after he had finished.

That was pretty much my reaction. 

That was the big announcement.....

And then they confirmed the Skylanders thing.

I don't think I've felt any more betrayed than right now......

I loved just the giant cheer and build up at the start of announcing it and then just the disappointed hush after he had finished.

That was pretty much my reaction.

activison owns the rights so sony can't make a new game of the franchise, however they own the ps1 titles so they can at least make remasters of them. is better than nothing. another similar case is that fatal frame/project zero is now owned by nintendo but sony still owns the ps2 versions so they can make a new remaster or HD emulation out of them, but not a new one.

• Like 1

Nice, I expect to hear news about Crash 4 at E3 2017.

Hopefully if they are remastering it...they bring it over to the Vita platform.

Remake....then PS4 is fine. I doubt they would take the Vita into consideration. 

It's Activision, Kishnabe. Unless the Vita sells like 10 million in the space of a month, I can't see them wanting to port them over. Don't give up though, they still could come at a later date.

Hopefully if they are remastering it...they bring it over to the Vita platform.

Remake....then PS4 is fine. I doubt they would take the Vita into consideration. 

Well the Vita has remote play with the PS4, so you would be able to play them there as long as your PS4 is on. But it seems that you don't have one  :(

I'm fine as long as they the controls are at least as fluid! They don't mess too much around with the game. They keep the level layout as much as they can. Don't make the game a lot easier etc. I'd love if they fix the save system in Crash Bandicoot 1.

• Like 1

I never played Crash Bandicoot since I missed out on it because my first playstation console was a PS2. I never did care to play it until I saw how fucking excited Tim from Kinda Funny reacted, just seeing his passion made me super curious as in why people love this series so much and what better chance to play it than now.

• Like 2

I remember being on a Nile River cruise and they had a PS1, would you believe this was the only game they had? Yep, I thought this game was so basic and I still think the same. Is there a "Do not take my money" Futurama picture?

I never played Crash Bandicoot since I missed out on it because my first playstation console was a PS2. I never did care to play it until I saw how fucking excited Tim from Kinda Funny reacted, just seeing his passion made me super curious as in why people love this series so much and what better chance to play it than now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LMntgvLLzE

I'm excited.

Off topic: is anyone else a little annoyed at all the plugs Kinda Funny gets in basically every forum on the Internet?

Well this is exciting! :D Being "fully remastered from the ground up", I wonder how far they'll go with it. Is it just cosmetic with an overhaul of the controls or could these be full-on remakes? Have to wait and see but this is a great start which, if successful, will hopefully lead to a new Crash game!

As for his Skylanders appearance, I guess it's not that bad. I was expecting him to look at lot worse after how Spyro turned out, so I'm not "hurt" by it at least. :P