Crash Bandicoot: PS4 Remasters Announced

smellslikejavier

You maybe wondering with 'smash all boxes trophy' which tbh seems very very doable, now just imagine 'gt all platinum time trail medals' that would stop a ton of people at getting he platinum trophy, including myself... I hope they don't add it

Chances are, they will require a gold on each level, and that is fine IMO. That's how you get 105%.

Crash 1 was really easy. I replayed 1 & 2 a few years back and Crash 1 is ridiculously easy. Crash 2 was a bit harder and a lot more fun too!

I do hope there is some trophy for doing a 100% playthrough since i never really had the motivation to do that.

Of all the three games, Crash Bandicoot 2 is by faaaaaar the easiest IMO, then CB3 and then CB1, this solely due to the controls and the saving system.

If going for 100%/105%:

CB1: 7/10

CB2: 3/10

CB3: 6/10

The Skylanders CB looks absolutely terrifying.

Edited by MMDE

:facepalm:

Here's to hoping they won't change one single gameplay element of the original games.

Lift that hand from your face dude. If it wasn't any issue for you fine, but for me and plenty of others it was. Also, if you read my previous post here (which i think you haven't) i stated that the FIRST game was the worst offender of this (backtracking). The second and third toned it down alot and that's why they are fun to 100% every once and awhile compared to the mess that was the first game. Don't try and protect the first game, it was pretty bad.

Of all the three games, Crash Bandicoot 2 is by faaaaaar the easiest IMO, then CB3 and then CB1, this solely due to the controls and the saving system.

did u ever 100% crash 3? the game is the hardest and thats because of the time trials. some people are happy with gold relics, but there are platin too and they hard as shit to get.

i agree with crash 2 being the easiest and crash 1 is the second hardest, because of lvls like slippery climb and sunset vista where u need to get trough without dieing and they are pretty long and hard lvls.

The Skylanders CB looks absolutely terrifying.

+1

Lift that hand from your face dude. If it wasn't any issue for you fine, but for me and plenty of others it was. Also, if you read my previous post here (which i think you haven't) i stated that the FIRST game was the worst offender of this (backtracking). The second and third toned it down alot and that's why they are fun to 100% every once and awhile compared to the mess that was the first game. Don't try and protect the first game, it was pretty bad.

On the contrary. Crash 1 was the best game of them all.

I mean the running towards the screen levels. Were they actually intentional though

Are you even serious? smh

• Like 1

did u ever 100% crash 3? the game is the hardest and thats because of the time trials. some people are happy with gold relics, but there are platin too and they hard as shit to get.

i agree with crash 2 being the easiest and crash 1 is the second hardest, because of lvls like slippery climb and sunset vista where u need to get trough without dieing and they are pretty long and hard lvls.

I 105% it, more than once.

The save system was a total mess. If you did a lot of bonus stuff early in the game, you almost couldn't save without doing levels perfect late in the game. That really is no good. I know I ended up in a situation like that. You also end up with few lives left, so you gotta reload the save often. So yeah, I hope they fix the save system.

You know in Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, during bonus rounds? You know there's usually a 2D view, and you'll often find yourself walking on top of crates and whatnot. You can't just walk towards or away from the screen and fall off, but you could in Crash Bandicoot. This means that if you accidentally hold the direction button a bit off, you may fall off, and this is very likely if you jump back and forth, and depending on the controller, this might be a big issue for you. That I didn't like, that's one of the things they improved with CB2.

The character movement in CB1 is also not as fluid as in CB2 and CB3. I want fluid controls, as long as they match CB2 or CB3, I'm fine.

That's it really, the rest I want to be the same.

The save system is questionable, I'll give you that. But it's part of the game and after some practice it becomes totally manageable. Just keep collecting those wumpas without flinging too many of them off-screen  :lol:

And I know exactly what you are talking about regarding the "little accidents" in the bonus levels and all the rage that came along with it (and probably will come along again). But the same applies here: Keep trying, keep your cool and you'll be fine.

The save system is questionable, I'll give you that. But it's part of the game and after some practice it becomes totally manageable. Just keep collecting those wumpas without flinging too many of them off-screen  :lol:

And I know exactly what you are talking about regarding the "little accidents" in the bonus levels and all the rage that came along with it (and probably will come along again). But the same applies here: Keep trying, keep your cool and you'll be fine.

But like, that's my two biggest gripes with the game. I love the game, but a little bit rough around the edges compared to CB2, but that same roughness is also what made it so special. :) They will probably also make it so checkpoints saves the crates you've collected so far in the level, and I don't personally have any big issues with that. That is the three main things I think CB2 did better than CB1.

I love the game, but a little bit rough around the edges compared to CB2, but that same roughness is also what made it so special. :)

I concur to the fullest. Plus I prefer the 3 islands setting to the elevator-style hub design, even if that means you have to play the levels in order.

I 105% it, more than once.

yeah 105%, but what i meant with 100% is to do everything that is possible to do including to get the platin relics.

you only need the blue relics to 105% the game. or maybe also the gold relics, but im not sure.

yeah 105%, but what i meant with 100% is to do everything that is possible to do including to get the platin relics.

you only need the blue relics to 105% the game. or maybe also the gold relics, but im not sure.

For 105% you need gold. Yeah, I don't think I ever did all platinum, but I've done most of them. :P

I know I did all platinum for The Huge Adventure / XS. I thought the first GBA game was pretty decent, same with second.

Edited by MMDE

Crash in Skylanders isn't a terrible thing, albeit very underwhelming. It's neat I guess, but if I get the new Skylanders, I could probably pass on his figure.

More importantly, CRASH REMASTERS! It's a shame that we're not getting a proper new game, but with any luck, these games performing well could be the first step towards such a thing. And it's been so long since I've been able to play Crash 3 that I would be happy to revisit it (plus the other two I've never played) in an updated form! 

• 2 weeks later...