Crash Bandicoot: PS4 Remasters Announced

smellslikejavier

those are exactly my thoughts about horizon. but i'm super excited about RE7, seeing as they finally got rid of the action stuff.

The devs confirmed there is gonna be some action in the game. But I agree looks like they're concentrating more on horror at last.

Did anyone else like Tag Team racing by Radical Entertainment, the same people behind the Simpsons Hit and Run?

My favourites after thr Naughty Dog

It had both racing and platforming. Not all Crash Bandicoot games after Naughty Dog were horrible. Though it did get milked for a while i must agree.

Actually I loved Tag Team Racing and Crash of the Titans too.

In my opinion they had amazingly great story behind and pretty enjoyable gameplay :)

Edited by charlijaen
  • Like 2

We really do need Crash Bash and CTR!! :(

If the remastered trilogy does well, which it will, perhaps Sony and Activision will do CTR next, you never know! ;)

I think Crash Bash is less likely though since it wasn't a Naughty Dog game.

I wonder who's making them. I doubt Naughty Dog is, maybe some random smaller developer. Also, I'm starting to think these will be more along the lines of the new ratchet and clank, since they 1. Didn't show any gameplay, and 2. I don't think they'd take this long to come out if they were straight ports.

I wonder who's making them. I doubt Naughty Dog is, maybe some random smaller developer. Also, I'm starting to think these will be more along the lines of the new ratchet and clank, since they 1. Didn't show any gameplay, and 2. I don't think they'd take this long to come out if they were straight ports.

They're being handled by Vicarious Visions, an Activision studio that's made some of the "undesirable" entries in the series. So I don't know what you want to make of that...

The devs confirmed there is gonna be some action in the game. But I agree looks like they're concentrating more on horror at last.

oh yeah i know, what i meant is that apparently it will not have an exaggerated and mindless amount of action happen every 2 seconds like in RE5 and 6 with explosions, punches, kicks, constantly shooting and throwing grenades like there's no tomorrow.

it will have action but in a more balanced way like in the old RE games. capcom confirmed that there will be no QTEs like there were in 4, 5 and more prominently in 6 so that's a HUGE improvement.

so yes definitely looking forward to RE7, i can't say i'm too much of a fan of the first person camera but i will gladly take a resident evil game like this any day instead of having another 5 and 6.

• Like 1

oh yeah i know, what i meant is that apparently it will not have an exaggerated and mindless amount of action happen every 2 seconds like in RE5 and 6 with explosions, punches, kicks, constantly shooting and throwing grenades like there's no tomorrow.

it will have action but in a more balanced way like in the old RE games. capcom confirmed that there will be no QTEs like there were in 4, 5 and more prominently in 6 so that's a HUGE improvement.

so yes definitely looking forward to RE7, i can't say i'm too much of a fan of the first person camera but i will gladly take a resident evil game like this any day instead of having another 5 and 6.

I'm still unsure if the 1st person camera was just to show the game / scares and the real game will be 3rd person. I don't mind too much either way, I feel like it's scarier 1st person, but if they keep up the same creepy atmosphere then it should be good.

• Like 1

I'm still unsure if the 1st person camera was just to show the game / scares and the real game will be 3rd person. I don't mind too much either way, I feel like it's scarier 1st person, but if they keep up the same creepy atmosphere then it should be good.

sadly capcom confirmed some days ago that the real game will also be entirely on first person. like i said i don't mind too much either, i'm just so happy to see that its finally returning to horror that i pretty much don't care about anything else haha.

i was disappointed with the approach to horror that they made with both Revelations, it still had too much action elements from recent entries like kicking and punching enemies, throwing grenades, checkpoints everywhere so no fear in dying, partners -hate them!-, "puzzles" that could be solved by a 7 years old...

if the final game will have the same atmosphere as the one in the demo and they really don't give you too much ammo or weapons right away then i'm completely sold.