Resident Evil 7 announced, demo for PS+ available now

I'll defo be making a new account for the 2 week trial to play this. How sad that a fucking demo is the best thing PS+ has thrown at me in months.

Did you see the sales? :o I probably saved like a year of PS+ this month alone on that.

RE VII Biohazard doesn't feel like a classic Resident Evil game. Though is not surprise since Capcom said the main series would under constant experiment. Most of the RE fanbase wanted a third person view survival horror game not an Outlast & P.T. copy. I'm still gonna play the game as i'm huge fan of the franchise, but i'm looking forward RE 2 remake more at this point.

The question is more, how much of the game is the demo? You wanted third person, but that's the RE4 generation, which was the start of RE going down the dump IMO. Before that it was fixed cameras and tank controls etc. I'm glad they finally did first person really, and PT copy? I wouldn't say copy, because it's most likely the same guy doing it. We've yet to see any of the monsters etc, or? I mean, once you get to that point, you may very well change your mind. They're doing horror now, and not action! :) I'm at least excited for that.

Edited by MMDE

Did you see the sales? :o I probably saved like a year of PS+ this month alone on that.

So far the only thing good from the PS+ sales that I didn't already have, was the Star Wars PS4 bundle, I just paid the extra 5 bucks or so and moved on.

Edit: My thing triple posted.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

The question is more, how much of the game is the demo? You wanted third person, but that's the RE4 generation, which was the start of RE going down the dump IMO. Before that it was fixed cameras and tank controls etc. I'm glad they finally did first person really, and PT copy? I wouldn't say copy, because it's most likely the same guy doing it. We've yet to see any of the monsters etc, or? I mean, once you get to that point, you may very well change your mind. They're doing horror now, and not action! :) I'm at least excited for that.

Fixed camera angles/third person are basically the same for the most part. People wanted to see the character they control, sorta like on The Evil Within. Pretty much every RE hardcore fan will enjoy this game but they know this is not really a RE game.

Having completed the demo, i can say for sure they completely rip off part of the story from Outlast.

Fixed camera angles/third person are basically the same for the most part. People wanted to see the character they control, sorta like on The Evil Within. Pretty much every RE hardcore fan will enjoy this game but they know this is not really a RE game.

Having completed the demo, i can say for sure they completely rip off part of the story from Outlast.

I guess they're not a true hardcore fan if they didn't want to see their character?

Edited by MMDE

I guess they're not a true hardcore fan if they didn't want to see their character?

That's not my point. What made the Resident Evil series great is the Survival Horror feel. Third person view, scarce ammo, puzzle are just a few of the factors that made me enjoy the original titles. Resident Evil VII Biohazard is an horror game with none of those things. REmake and The Evil Within are perfect examples of a Survival Horror game. Capcom could have done better and create a new formula, instead of taking inspiration from other recent IP's.

• Like 1

That's not my point. What made the Resident Evil series great is the Survival Horror feel. Third person view, scarce ammo, puzzle are just a few of the factors that made me enjoy the original titles. Resident Evil VII Biohazard is an horror game with none of those things. REmake and The Evil Within are perfect examples of a Survival Horror game. Capcom could have done better and create a new formula, instead of taking inspiration from other recent IP's.

Who says you won't get this in RE7??? I very much suspect you will, that this is just a short demo like PT.

Edited by MMDE

Who says you won't get this in RE7??? I very much suspect you will, that this is just a short demo like PT.

We will, but back to the main topic it lacks a very important factor.... third person view and not a forced first person view mode.If the game would have been on third person view, RE VII would have been perfect for most of the classic RE fanbase.

• Like 1

I'm not really a huge fan of first person horror games, just because the ones I've played have relied primarily on jump scares which, while successful, don't do anything past the initial .02 seconds.

But I've also liked every Resident Evil game (especially Code Veronica), so I'm cautiously optimistic for this. I'll form an opinion once I've seen more, but I'll most likely be picking this up eventually.

I bet you're excited, but will there be big masculine guys for you to look at?

People wanted to see the character they control, sorta like on The Evil Within.

That's kinda the issue I have. I mean I know it's just a demo and we should wait of the finished game. Besides I really hoped to see some of the old characters since they're a big part of this franchise. Also I want to have my big hunky Chris back. :wub:

I glad that they went back to horror but Im not feeling the hype at all for this. They went to a silent hills path instead of the original survival horror. Plus with the support of VR kinda decreases my interest including its in FPS camera. But heck I'll try the demo out to see its worth buying. My opinions for this game could change..

Just finished the demo, and I'm interested. It didn't feel like a Resident Evil game, but this is just a teaser, so I'm not gonna judge it yet. It's like how P.T was nothing like a Silent Hill game. Maybe the main game is going to be very different? Either way, I'm really glad it's a horror game again. Now I just want them to give us a shotgun so I can blow the heads off some zombies, a bit of cheesy dialogue, and then I'm all in.  ;)

Yes, it is not the old RE with fixed camera and tank controls etc, but they're getting back to HORROR! Problem with the latest games has been the focus on action and less focus on horror as far as I'm concerned.

Which is what you'd expect... Jordan Amaro worked on PT...

If the sub title of the game is anything to judge by, the game is definitely going to be about what the original games were about. I think the demo is just that, a demo, like PT. ;p How many enemies are there in the demo? If none, then you haven't even seen that yet!

It's not about the camera nor the controls, it's about the feeling, this reminds me more of Fatal Frame or Silent Hill, not Resident Evil, it's like they just created a brand new game and just plastered the RE tag on it, kinda like they did with RE4 or Umbrella Corps, lets just hope it ends up being a lot better than any of those, but I have a feeling it will still fall short of what made the series great.

• Like 1

so if its called Resident Evil VII: biohazard here, is it Biohazard VII: Resident Evil in japan? or Biohazard VII: biohazard?

Yeah it's "Biohazard 7: resident evil" in Japan, with a number 7 not VII. http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazard7/sp/

I realise the game needs to be first person for PSVR to work really, but I hope they at least have a third person option in the final game for people who are playing the standard way. Otherwise it's a great way to screw over long time fans. It's just good to have options.

It's not about the camera nor the controls, it's about the feeling, this reminds me more of Fatal Frame or Silent Hill, not Resident Evil, it's like they just created a brand new game and just plastered the RE tag on it, kinda like they did with RE4 or Umbrella Corps, lets just hope it ends up being a lot better than any of those, but I have a feeling it will still fall short of what made the series great.

You really think so? I think the series is back in more capable hands than it has been for a long time.

Edited by MMDE

Its Resident Evil, it HAS to have the option of third person if not its not RE in my opinion. I know its still early but im not feeling this at all.

There is no reason they can't do pretty much everything they did in third person, in first person too, just make it even more claustrophobic and scary, because you won't know what is behind you as well. You may have an idea, but yeah, they can do that stuff much better. Rest is much the same really. If they don't connect it to the RE universe, that'd be kinda disappointing. Unless a new "beginning", which it seems a bit like it is, then there should be some characters we recognize. But it may be hard to continue from all the shit that has happened in the later games.

Edited by MMDE