Resident Evil 7 announced, demo for PS+ available now

Ah, I see it now. Coolio. I don't know if it will have ghosts or not though. Especially if it will focus on it or not.

this reminds me of "resident evil 3.5", that scary demo of what it was supposed to be RE4 also involving ghosts and supernatural stuff caused by some virus that was injected on leon, causing him to hallucinate all of that. a very cool demo that was cancelled because well life is a b*tch capcom felt it was more like a silent hill game rather than a RE game and it was remade into the mindless action shooter called RE4 that we all know and "love"...

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

It's kinda weird, how much people are hating on the changes resident evil 7 is making, (Mostly the first person view) but that just shows how much passion they have for the series. I am a huge resident evil fan and when I saw the trailer for the first time, even I hated that the game was going to be in first person, After watching the trailer again... many many times, I started to like the idea of it. 

I get it, I get it. Those people & fans want the classic feel of resident evil and hopefully you get it with the resident evil 2 remake... (Hopefully). It's the old saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" but every now and then you must want something different every once in a little while. People hated resident evil 6 cause it was a huge departure of what resident evil was. I am just happy that they took the chance to try something new with the series I grown to love over time. If they release resident evil 6 without the resident evil branding and made it own game (Similar to resident evil 4 development & devil may cry) It would do just fine, the game plays great and there some fun to be had there. People just couldn't accept it or couldn't stop comparing it cause it had to live up to the legacy that is resident evil's legendary survival horror.

I don't remember how people reacted to resident evil 4 when it was first announced or the criticism it got for being a huge change from the classics but the game became one of the best games ever created. Long story short, The situation of hating on a game this early is like hating on a newborn child that just came out of the womb.

P.S. - Sorry for the rant, usually my posts aren't this long. Just a wannabe video game journalist....please don't hate me

There, that's exactly the problem here, if I want to play a different game I play a different game, if I want to play a Resident Evil game then I expect the game called Resident Evil to feel exactly like that, a Resident Evil game. Again, it's not about the camera nor the controls, it's the feel of the game, the themes, the story, all of that. Although if I have the choice I'll pick the fixed camera angles and the inventory management any day of the week, but I'm not against the FPS or the TPS views, as long as it still feels like it belongs, and this one doesn't. A good example for me is Revelations 2, it's a great, great horror game, probably one of the best to come out in a long time, but it's still a poor Resident Evil game, it barelly feels like one, on the other hand you have Lost in Nightmares, RE5 DLC, that even with the over the shoulder view feels more like Resident Evil then RE5, 6, REV, REV2, ORC and UC put together.

I thought the trailer looked absolutely brilliant and I'm really happy to see more horror releases on the PS4.

On saying that from the demo it looks like a complete departure from where Resident Evil has been heading (thank you, thank you). With that said I'm not sure why it's Resident Evil 7, why not Resident Evil (Something else). No denying though the VII in Evil looks really cool.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Best part is that I've never played a single Resident Evil game ever, so I have no preconceived notions about what a Resident Evil game is supposed to be like. None of this nonsense about whether it's supposed to be third person or first person, whether it's too scary or not scary enough, if it has too many ghosts or not enough zombies. And all that other silly bullshit that people are complaining about. So it'll be fun to be able to judge if it stands as a good game or not, and not if it's good enough to be a Resident Evil game.

Best part is that I've never played a single Resident Evil game ever, so I have no preconceived notions about what a Resident Evil game is supposed to be like. None of this nonsense about whether it's supposed to be third person or first person, whether it's too scary or not scary enough, if it has too many ghosts or not enough zombies. And all that other silly bullshit that people are complaining about. So it'll be fun to be able to judge if it stands as a good game or not, and not if it's good enough to be a Resident Evil game.

this is how a TRUE resident evil game is like, a masterpiece of the survival horror genre:

and this is how mindless action shooters directed by michael bay are like:

• Like 1

Haha only time will tell me dear :P

Not a whole lot of 'em in the demo, but you don't really meet the main characters in the demo, nor do you have any weapons or fight or whatever against any "monsters". Maybe, maybe there will be some big masculine guys for you to look at, but I doubt you will be able to watch their ass while you control them.

• Like 1

Not a whole lot of 'em in the demo, but you don't really meet the main characters in the demo, nor do you have any weapons or fight or whatever against any "monsters". Maybe, maybe there will be some big masculine guys for you to look at, but I doubt you will be able to watch their ass while you control them.

Haha i know, from what i gathered so far from that teaser is that they are all ugly, we need Chris Redfield :eyebrow:

• Like 1