RDR2 possibly showed to press was to close out the show but events in Orlando had it pulled.

Will grab the links in a minute.

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/742546562593652737

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/4nzm1g/red_dead_was_originally_going_to_be_shown_at_the/

I switched it to saying possibly with quite a few notable people saying it was there it most likely was. But now we have no clue if/when we see it so it makes better sense to put that title.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

Well here's what is known the conference was confirmed cut short,rockstar was there,Sony uploded the gameplay on their Youtube after the Days Gone trailer was shown on stage, but pulled it shortly after, so that they could reveal it onstage,and we have the leaker of E3 who was right about MS,Ubisoft,Beth,and Sony. Guaranteed that trailer was going to close it out why else go out with a whimper.

....because it's news? I'm sure some of these people would like to know about this particular game. What an odd question.

Because something major like this will no doubt be shown later on, if it actually exists, when the shock from the tragedy wears off in the collective consciousness of people not personally affected by it or when Rockstar feels it's not inappropriate to show whatever it was they were going to show. Because the tenor of the thread and your link to it smacks of baiting.

Edited by damon8r351

Because something major like this will no doubt be shown later on, if it actually exists, when the shock from the tragedy wears off in the collective consciousness of people not personally affected by it or when Rockstar feels it's not inappropriate to show whatever it was they were going to show. Because the tenor of the thread and your link to it smacks of baiting.

Ok but it's still news people would like to hear. Honestly you bring nothing of value to this topic so I will be ignoring anymore posts have a fantastic night.

• Like 2

They're only posting a fairly plausible rumour that'd be of interest to the people on this site. That's nothing new or unusual.

They also didn't post any personal thoughts or opinions on the matter, so I don't know how you can assume it's baiting. You're seeing things that aren't there, this is just a generic rumour thread

• Like 1

They're only posting a fairly plausible rumour that'd be of interest to the people on this site. That's nothing new or unusual.

They also didn't post any personal thoughts or opinions on the matter, so I don't know how you can assume it's baiting. You're seeing things that aren't there, this is just a generic rumour thread

Because even if it's a plausible rumor for the sake of news, the flavor of the thread leans heavily toward "Look what the PC Police made Rockstar do". That's what I meant by baiting, because that's what this sort of thing always turns out into. This "rumor" only exists in a single reddit thread made from an unverified source by an account made only a few minutes before the thread went live, and it said not to ask him any more questions. He/she stirred the pot, then booked, and people are somehow taking it a "news". And this thread linking to it is propagating it. What's the "correct" reaction I should've given to the thread? "Fucking Rockstar, this fucking sucks! Meh!" "Thanks for the unverified info?" What? No, I don't think so.

He wants something valid added to the conversation, so here's what I got: If the rumor's true, so what? 50 people were killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rockstar apparently had something in their trailer they felt was inappropriate given the sensitivity to current events, and I find that an understable decision. Other companies at E3 didn't feel the same way and it's whatever, that's their deal, if you're going to point that fact out to me. You want my reaction to this news? I find it understandable if it's true but it's very likely to be complete BS, that's my reaction.

Edited by damon8r351

Because even if it's a plausible rumor, the flavor of the thread leans heavily toward "Look what the PC Police made Rockstar do". That's what I meant by baiting, because that's what this sort of thing always turns out into. What's the "correct" reaction I should've given to the thread? "Fucking Rockstar, this fucking sucks! Meh!" "Thanks for the unverified info?" What?

He wants something valid added to the conversation, so here's what I got: If the rumor's true, so what? 50 people were killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rockstar apparently had something in their trailer they felt was inappropriate given the sensitivity to current events, and I find that an understable decision. Other companies at E3 didn't feel the same way and it's whatever, that's their deal, if you're going to point that fact out to me. You want my reaction to this news? I find it understandable if it's true, that's my reaction.

To me, it just seems like he was just saying "This is what supposedly happened and here is why". It doesn't look like there's any underlying frustation with Sony or Rockstar's decision, and if there is it hasn't been made apparent. People are free to make their own opinions on whether it was a good or bad decision and they could potentially fight about that, but this thread was decidedly neutral.

There's not really a correct or expected answer to the thread. I mean, you didn't even have to reply at all, it's not a huge deal.

Personally I didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other and I'm not entirely convinced on the story, I just thought it was cool that there's potentially an unannounced game to look forward to. It was one of the few major E3 leaks that wasn't confirmed and it's nice to have a follow-up on that. Assuming it turns out to be true, anyway.

Also, the topic creator has made a bunch of news threads since E3 started. I think he just likes telling people about gaming developments and didn't intend to start any trouble with this.

• Like 2

To me, it just seems like he was just saying "This is what supposedly happened and here is why". It doesn't look like there's any underlying frustation with Sony or Rockstar's decision, and if there is it hasn't been made apparent. People are free to make their own opinions on whether it was a good or bad decision and they could potentially fight about that, but this thread was decidedly neutral.

There's not really a correct or expected answer to the thread. I mean, you didn't even have to reply at all, it's not a huge deal.

Personally I didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other and I'm not entirely convinced on the story, I just thought it was cool that there's potentially an unannounced game to look forward to. It was one of the few major E3 leaks that wasn't confirmed and it's nice to have a follow-up on that. Assuming it turns out to be true, anyway.

Also, the topic creator has made a bunch of news threads since E3 started. I think he just likes telling people about gaming developments and didn't intend to start any trouble with this.

I'll grant to you that the OP having no ulterior motive in mentioning the news given his posting history might be a fair point. I'll also ask you this: Given the revelation that Rockstar possibly pulled their trailer based on sensitivity to the shooting in Orlando, and also given your personal experience on the internet in general and this site in particular, that as soon as this thread gets seen by a wider audience do you honestly believe that most people will be equally as understanding and not complain about the trailer being pulled, based on PC-ness or other similar gripes? Before you answer that, remember that the Dead or Alive Extreme bikini game not coming to the US was a thing.

Edited by damon8r351

If this is true, they can either show it after emotions have cooled off or they can make a new trailer and show it at a later date. Not sure what the big deal is. If they didn't want to risk upsetting anyone, that's their prerogative.

Edited by ShadowStar83x

If this is true, they can either show it after emotions have cooled off a bit or they can make a new trailer and show it at a later date. Not sure what the big deal is. Not like it's the end of the world.

What I don't understand is why Rockstar of all companies would cave in because of controversy.

That company sells their games off of it.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why Rockstar of all companies would cave in because of controversy.

That company sells their games off of it.

Don't know, but also consider this may not even be true. Either way, the end didn't bother me too much. Thought it was still a really good conference.

I'll grant to you that the OP having no ulterior motive in mentioning the news given his posting history might be a fair point. I'll also ask you this: Given the revelation that Rockstar possibly pulled their trailer based on sensitivity to the shooting in Orlando, and also given your personal experience on the internet in general and this site in particular, that as soon as this thread gets seen by a wider audience do you honestly believe that most people will be equally as understanding and not complain about the trailer being pulled, based on PC-ness or other similar gripes? Before you answer that, remember that the Dead or Alive Extreme bikini game not coming to the US was a thing.

Well I'd expect complaints from the internet in general, but I've mostly found the users on this forum to be pretty reasonable. I didn't even consider that it might get out of hand until you mentioned it, just because it's PSNP

Do you guys remember what the Sony conference started with? It started with a talk about the Orlando shootings, and he looked seriously disturbed and worried about it, more than you'd expect. I know people noted it during his opening speech.

I don't get your point. I mean, I understand what you're saying, but I don't get your point for saying it.

Do you guys remember what the Sony conference started with? It started with a talk about the Orlando shootings, and he looked seriously disturbed and worried about it, more than you'd expect. I know people noted it during his opening speech.

You wouldn't be? 50 people died for no reason. Because a fucking waste of space went into a club and opened fire on innocent people in a gay club because of deep-seated homophobia and blamed it on ISIS. That doesn't deeply disturb and worry you? What's "more than you'd expect"? Is there a certain increment of disturbance and worry we should be holding ourselves to?

I don't get your point. I mean, I understand what you're saying, but I don't get your point for saying it.

My point? I suppose it's my justification of why I react the way I do in the case of this thread. Whether you think it's valid or not is your problem, that was simply my train of thought.

Maybe he knew one of the victims? Even if he didn't, it was a horrible tragedy. Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 1

You wouldn't be? 50 people died for no reason. Because a fucking waste of space went into a club and opened fire on innocent people in a gay club because of deep-seated homophobia and blamed it on ISIS. That doesn't deeply disturb and worry you? What's "more than you'd expect"? Is there a certain increment of disturbance and worry we should be holding ourselves to?

I think you miss the point. He seemed to have something on his mind, something that really bothered him in at the current moment.

As for ISIS, yeah, I don't think he really had gotten direct instructions from ISIS. Trust me, I've made that argument. That does not mean he did it because of "deep-seated homophobia", neither that he wasn't inspired by the message of ISIS, because this is just the kind of thing they do advocate for. It is not uncommon for gay people to be executed in all kinds of ways in certain countries. :\

While it is sad this happened in USA, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_January%E2%80%93June_2016

ISIS kills in terrorist acts:

June 13: 25-30 people

June 12: 55 people

June 11: 80-85 people

June 10: 62 people

June 9: 45 people

June 8: 1 person

June 7: 20 people

June 6: 87 people

June 5: 467 people

June 3: 19 people

June 1: 14 people

May 31: 1 person

May 29: 39 people

May 28: 2 people

May 26: 8 people

May 25: 1 person

May 24: 2 people

May 23: 237 + 260 injured

May 21: person

May 18:  25 people

May 17: 101 + 194 injured

May 16: 26

etc etc :\ :\ :\

My point? I suppose it's my justification of why I react the way I do in the case of this thread. Whether you think it's valid or not is your problem, that was simply my train of thought.

Valid or not? You don't want people to counter PC culture???

Edited by MMDE

Valid or not? You don't want people to counter PC culture???

PC culture? You mean that part of an empathetic human society where people are now being held accountable for the racist, sexist, misogynistic, and homophobic comments they make? Yeah, I'm not particularly inclined to counter that.

And I don't particularly see how Rockstar being sensitive to a national tragedy, if this alleged trailer even exists, would be giving in to PC culture, whatever that is.

RDR 2?

Revolver or Redemption. Once again the first game is forgotten  :P Im gonna say fake.

EDIT: The creator of that Reddit post in the OP was not the same person as "Raiden" who leaked all the other E3 information. 

Edited by Gibbo_0113

PC culture? You mean that part of an empathetic human society where people are now being held accountable for the racist, sexist, misogynistic, and homophobic comments they make? Yeah, I'm not particularly inclined to counter that.

And I don't particularly see how Rockstar being sensitive to a national tragedy, if this alleged trailer even exists, would be giving in to PC culture, whatever that is.

I don't see the connection between a new Read Dead game and this shooting, and how it is sensitive to show some footage of a new game they are releasing due to this? :S

Yes, PC culture, and no, I don't think PC culture is about empathetic human society. I think they think that's what they do, but it's too much the ends justifies the means. Conspiracy theories. Bad explanations. Over sensitivity. Victimhood olympics. etc etc Often you will find these people being the most racist and sexist people. Sorry, but those words means so little to me anymore, because they are used so much these days in all kinds of strange ways. Words are being redefined so they can label and silence people, and so it can't be used against them when the old definition would have applied. Well, I'm inclined to counter that, and I don't see why people shouldn't. Luckily it didn't seem like you tried to silence in this case, just make the person think about if they wanted to silence, and not be open and talk about reality and to encourage this in the future. Yeah, I'm against that.

RDR 2?

Revolver or Redemption. Once again the first game is forgotten  :P Im gonna say fake.

It is very likely that the game is coming very soon. We've seen leaked info on it and it's been a lot of talk lately. Even Rockstar has talked about how there's going to be a big title of a beloved series coming out soon. What we've seen so far about the game indicates that it might be a prequel to RDRedemption.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3