RDR2 possibly showed to press was to close out the show but events in Orlando had it pulled.

So much back and forth, and we're still no closer to agreeing on whether "RDR2" is a sequel to Revolver or Redemption. I'm personally hoping for Revolver as I think continuing Redemption's story would undermine the first game's ending.

I myself am hoping for an entirely new story which Rockstar mostly do. It cant be a sequel to Redemption for obvious reasons and nobody likes Jack xD Lets just wait for Rockstar to announce this highly anticipated game  :D. I wanna throw some more people onto the train tracks :awesome: . 

What are you two talking about haha. Certainly doesn't sound like Red Dead discussion. Maybe better to continue it in a PM perhaps?

I agree. That "leaked" map looks way to colorful. I could make a map myself and say its the new Red Dead map  ;) But i do think we will be able to swim this time.

We were talking about the topic actually! :P Which isn't RDR as much as why RDR wasn't shown.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

We were talking about the topic actually! :P Which isn't RDR as much as why RDR wasn't shown.

Fair enough. I just saw a lot of talk about shootings and ISIS and the FBI and thought what the hell is going on  :P

I don't think ISIS and the FBI would be in a Red Dead game  ;)

Edited by Gibbo_0113

So much back and forth, and we're still no closer to agreeing on whether "RDR2" is a sequel to Revolver or Redemption. I'm personally hoping for Revolver as I think continuing Redemption's story would undermine the first game's ending.

What people have been speculating about is prequel to Redemption. His life with the gang.

What people have been speculating about is prequel to Redemption. His life with the gang.

There was also a "leak" for Red Dead Rebellion almost 4 years ago said to be set 10 years before Red Dead Revolver and have a protagonist called Big Jesse. There are so many supposed "leaks" (trolls) we should just ignore them until Rockstar gives the official word.

Some "leaks" actually turn out to be true i cant deny that, but thats only a small percentage. 

well yeah you do when you want to ban offensive speech. You really don't have freedom of speech when you don't have the freedom to offend. Now do you? Especially when certain groups are exempt.

I'm past all the SJW nonsense due to lack of interest on my part. Because what diverted my interest now is what you conveniently haven't resolved: Where it is that you saw that the FBI's investigation was dropped because the playing of the "Muslim card". And you won't and you're going to continue to snowjob me on that front because one of three possibilities:

• Your source isn't a credible news source
  • Your source is an opinion piece
  • Your source doesn't exist

You should be jumping at the bit to prove me wrong and produce that source just to rub it in my face. So produce it and prove me wrong. Don't spout of nonsense about sanctuary cities and federal lawsuits on states protecting their borders, because I know all that too. I watch Fox News opinion pieces while I'm at the gym in the mornings too, and not of my own volition. Produce a credible link that supports your claim. Hell, produce any link.

On topic, this doesn't fit Rockstar's MO. GTAV was announced out of nowhere on their website. It doesn't seem like something they would do as the reveal.

Now, for those saying that if this rumor is true (which, again, I don't think so) why pull it? It is not weakness to show sensitivity. It is also just good business sense to distance your product from tragedy. See: Motorstorm Apocalypse.

• Like 1

I'm past all the SJW nonsense due to lack of interest on my part. Because what diverted my interest now is what you conveniently haven't resolved: Where it is that you saw that the FBI's investigation was dropped because the playing of the "Muslim card". And you won't and you're going to continue to snowjob me on that front because one of three possibilities:

• Your source isn't a credible news source
  • Your source is an opinion piece
  • Your source doesn't exist
You should be jumping at the bit to prove me wrong and produce that source just to rub it in my face. So produce it and prove me wrong. Don't spout of nonsense about sanctuary cities and federal lawsuits on states protecting their borders, because I know all that too. I watch Fox News opinion pieces while I'm at the gym in the mornings too, and not of my own volition. Produce a credible link that supports your claim. Hell, produce any link.

Bye.

Someone in this thread needs to get a life and that's definitely not me. Sheesh.

On topic, this doesn't fit Rockstar's MO. GTAV was announced out of nowhere on their website. It doesn't seem like something they would do as the reveal.

Now, for those saying that if this rumor is true (which, again, I don't think so) why pull it? It is not weakness to show sensitivity. It is also just good business sense to distance your product from tragedy. See: Motorstorm Apocalypse.

They didn't announce GTAV on E3, correct, but that was only valid for the old-gen version... :P

>accuses OP of making a baity thread

>takes the bait anyway, arguing for 5+ pages

Heh. At least he's self-aware. 

I only have this 1 post to contribute to this thread:

Regarding the rumour, it's just stupid enough to be believable. It's ridiculous that events like these indirectly impose censorship on companies like R* just because of one incident. It's comparable to childhood in a way, how "one bad apple ruins it for everyone", where 1 kid fucks up and everyone gets punished as a result. The best thing we can do is move on with our lives; by censoring ourselves we're giving them the attention they seek and thus letting them win.

A similar incident happened near 9/11 with R* removing flyable planes from GTA 3 in light of the recent tragedy. That's a prime example of "letting them win". We sacrificed our entertainment experience for the sake of being PC. Like I said, there's this expected censorship from society when these things happen, otherwise you're an insensitive monster. 

Another key issue with censorship in light of tragedies is figuring out where to draw the line. Let's assume the trailer was in fact deferred for the sake of being PC. Would it have been deferred if only 30 people were killed? 20 people? 10? What if only a few were killed, or even just 1? Well that kind of stuff happens all the time and nobody bats an eye. The reality is that there's no set number of casualties for a tragedy to be deemed significant enough to warrant public panic & thus subsequent censorship. Doesn't every case of homicide, regardless of victim quantity,  deserve equal respect towards the victim(s) and their families? If you agree, then it's hypocritical of you to support this type of expected censorship that R* gave in to with GTA 3 and supposedly gave in to with RDR. 

Edited by GIONAScm2

This is 100% false for so many reasons

1. Rockstar doesn't do E3. They are the biggest developer on the planet, the next Red Dead will (once again) break sales records for them. They don't need E3 to reveal their game, they can do it on their own. If I remember correctly Rockstar decided to just drop the logo one day for GTAV and the whole internet went insane.

2. Why would Sony end their show with a third party game? I can't remember this ever happening. They always end with a new and upcoming title (Twisted Metal, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, etc.) or something to do with upcoming hardware. It would make 0 sense to end a SONY conference with something that isn't completely Sony.

3. You really think they wouldn't have time to just edit out the one offensive part? Come on

I think it is way waaaayyyy more likely that the PS4 Neo was supposed to close out the show but they realized something is wrong or they aren't ready to reveal it just yet. 

Edited by mattveego