South Park: Fractured But Whole / Stick Of Truth news

At the Ubisoft E3 conference, we got some new information about the new South Park title.

There was a short interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone, a new trailer which bashes/parodies/lampshades the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the information that a PS4 version of Stick Of Truth would be available for free for people who pre-ordered Fractured But Whole (through the right channels).

It appears that the game is available on PSN for North America, people who pre-order it there will get Stick Of Truth immediately as a download. No word on when it will be available on the other markets. It appears that people who pre-order a physical copy will get a download code upon release.

Full presentation:

Just the trailer:

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

The first game is great. I played it on my 360 when it was first released. But this is a really good pre order incentive, especially for people who missed out on the first one and don't have a previous gen console.

If there weren't so many games that I want to finish right now, I'd play Stick of Truth again. If not for anything but to get me hyped for Fractured But Whole.

You should point out that you receive the Stick of Truth immediately in your download list to play as soon as you preorder the new game (I refuse to type that title) on PSN.

Done, just read about that actually. Also if you pre-order physical, you'll get a download code.

And what's wrong with "Fractured Butthole"? :-)

The first game is great. I played it on my 360 when it was first released. But this is a really good pre order incentive, especially for people who missed out on the first one and don't have a previous gen console.

If there weren't so many games that I want to finish right now, I'd play Stick of Truth again. If not for anything but to get me hyped for Fractured But Whole.

At least Stick Of Truth is short. I'm more worried about No Man's Sky and Skyrim Remastered and Horizon Zero Dawn...

Urggghh fucking pre order culture bullshit.

Why?

I understand opinions against pre-ordering, but I don't see why getting the first game for free would be a bad thing. As far as pre-order extra's go, this is a pretty awesome one. I usually only pre-order if there's statuettes, art books and/or world maps involved.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

Too bad the download code will be given at release for physical versions (that's what the person at EB told me today, but they said it was just announced so it could change), because I was quite tempted to pre-order, get the free game, cancel the pre-order, then get the game again at launch when decent prices are made.

• Like 2

It's worth noting that in addition to the standard and gold editions offered through Amazon, the Ubi store has a collector's edition that includes a 6 inch figure.

This was the highlight of the day for me. I'd had it on preorder since last year's E3 (though, now I'm going to cancel and get the gold edition for the season pass - with the prime discount, it's only about $20 more), and seeing the trailer just renewed my hype all over again. Shoutout to my favorite characters both being party members this go around.

Do you think the world outside America will get the uncut version this time? Probably not but one can only hope...

I hope so, I imported the US version of the stick of truth to avoid the UK censorship (So having the censored version of the stick of truth on PS4 is less of a concern for me), has me a little worried to pre-order the fractured but whole just in case ubisoft pull the same stunt again with this one?

• 1 month later...

The Netherlands was one of the countries which, with the last game, did not get the option for the collector's edition.

If that was the case for anyone else, note that at least The Netherlands will now get a collector's edition, with a Coon statuette.

I pre-ordered it right away.

• 5 weeks later...

That's hilarious!

What makes it even more funny is that apparently they've actually made the damn thing and they're using it to gross out people on Gamespot... And that site is actually real!

I noticed a few snippets of new information about the game itself hidden away in the video... Apparently New Kid still has the power of farting, and it comes with a few new abilities, most noticably some kind of elevation(/hover?) mode. Also, he might get experimented on at some point.