PlayStation VR games discussion for VR players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Wait, VR DLC? Does that mean you would play the game normally and then DLC with VR? =D

Jup, that's exactly what you would do. I'm also guessing that this will be how the VR part of the new Star Wars Battlefront will work, by the way. I have a feeling that not the whole game will be VR, just a few missions.

We might see this happen more often in games that are not traditionally first-person only. I hope that most games will go the route of doing the entire game in VR though.

Jup, that's exactly what you would do. I'm also guessing that this will be how the VR part of the new Star Wars Battlefront will work, by the way. I have a feeling that not the whole game will be VR, just a few missions.

We might see this happen more often in games that are not traditionally first-person only. I hope that most games will go the route of doing the entire game in VR though.

Wow, the cost of DLC skyrockets fast xD

This is going to be tough for completionists... This definitely may backslash if it's not going to be available without VR =D

Wait, VR DLC? Does that mean you would play the game normally and then DLC with VR? =D

(Probably) because they made it compatible with VR, you can apparently also play the DLC in first-person:

The Manor also offered a great opportunity for us to investigate the possibilities with cutting edge VR technology. So for the first time in franchise history, you’ll be able to play “Blood Ties” in first-person through Lara’s eyes!

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/19/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-20-year-celebration-revealed-on-ps4/

This is going to be tough for completionists... This definitely may backslash if it's not going to be available without VR =D

I think Blood Ties should be on the disc right away so we won't have to pay extra. Games that are already out, like Driveclub and Ethan Carter, will get either paid DLC for VR or, less likely but still possible, a separate game pack on PSN.

Edit: rereading this I think I should clarify: with "I think Blood Ties should be on the disc", I meant to say I think that that is the case, not that it is my opinion that it has to be that way.

(Probably) because they made it compatible with VR, you can apparently also play the DLC in first-person:

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/19/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-20-year-celebration-revealed-on-ps4/

Yes it is definitely first-person, sorry if I did not make that clear enough. In my mind all VR is automatically first person though that obviously does not necessarily have to be the case.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

I became a bit worried about VR and the necessity to use move controllers, which I think I won't like. I decided to check of which games it's known that move is a requirement (like Job SImulator and Until Dawn Something), and instead I stumbled upon a statement from Sony which basically says that most games will just allow you to use your dualshock controller. There are games which can give an "enhanced experience" with the move or even aim controllers but having move required will be rare.

For me this is good news, I think the most fun I can have from VR is when I can just sit down and game like I do now, except it will seem like actual first person instead of looking at my tv.

Summer lesson. Yes please.

You probably already know this but I just found out that it is a launch title in Japan.

I just figured out a bit more about the X-Wing VR bit. I thought it was part of Battlefront II but that was a wrong assumption it appears. Apparently, this is a separate thing and it might even be available at the launch of VR... It has also been stated on the official site that People who own Star Wars Battlefront will get to play X-Wing VR for free, having Battlefront actually in your possession seems to be the key as they're making an extra footnote about the game being required.

This really just makes it less comprehensible to me - will the X-Wing VR Mission be a separate entity which you can download and then play as long as you have Battlefront installed digitally or if you have the disc in your PS4? Will it be a DLC mission for Battlefront and a separate title for people who don't (want to) own Battlefront?

Also, apparently Sony has stated that there will be over fifty games available at launch, which is far more than the twenty-ish titles that I already know of. I'm wondering what all those other titles are...

You probably already know this but I just found out that it is a launch title in Japan.

I just figured out a bit more about the X-Wing VR bit. I thought it was part of Battlefront II but that was a wrong assumption it appears. Apparently, this is a separate thing and it might even be available at the launch of VR... It has also been stated on the official site that People who own Star Wars Battlefront will get to play X-Wing VR for free, having Battlefront actually in your possession seems to be the key as they're making an extra footnote about the game being required.

This really just makes it less comprehensible to me - will the X-Wing VR Mission be a separate entity which you can download and then play as long as you have Battlefront installed digitally or if you have the disc in your PS4? Will it be a DLC mission for Battlefront and a separate title for people who don't (want to) own Battlefront?

Also, apparently Sony has stated that there will be over fifty games available at launch, which is far more than the twenty-ish titles that I already know of. I'm wondering what all those other titles are...

Actually what they said is that they'll have over fifty games by 2017, not at launch.

That's what they said when they revealed the release date. Right now everybody's talking about 50 games at launch. Whether or not they are quoting the first guy wrong is up in the air.

Last time they said something about that was during E3 and they said "by 2017" so I'm going with that, there's no way they'll have 50 games ready in 2 months, even by counting games with VR extras like Tomb Raider and FF XV.

That reminded me =D

Oh my god, #basedHarada-sama, we are not worthy!

Yeah... I'm way out of my league here but it's good to know you both have a VR game to cheer about :)

Now if you don't mind me, I'll just sit over here checking my dumb loud Western games like Batman, Star Wars and Farpoint -_-

I'd like to point out at this moment that I've read House Of Leaves, I've seen The Man From Earth and I've played Hohokum, and I really enjoyed all three. I just happen to prefer epic and bombastic most of the time. Call it a cultural rift but I don't "get" about 90% of Japanese entertainment... The things I do get is stuff like Battle Royale, Death Note and on occasion Takeshi's Castle.

• Like 1

I'll just sit over here checking my dumb loud Western games like Batman, Star Wars and Farpoint -_-

You should broaden your horizons! :awesome:

Call it a cultural rift but I don't "get" about 90% of Japanese entertainment... The things I do get is stuff like Battle Royale, Death Note and on occasion Takeshi's Castle.

At least 10% remains. That's a good start =D

You should broaden your horizons! :awesome:

At least 10% remains. That's a good start =D

I have tried to broaden my horizons on multiple occasions... Last time was not a success, that was Yakuza 4. Weird game, making me think it's about fighting with/against Yakuza and then making me play Adult Entertainment Tycoon for who knows how long...

Yeah 10% remains but that's just because blood and death like Battle Royale or blood and death and wits like Death Note appeal to me, no cultural barrier there :) and Takeshi's Castle, well, I like weird if it's done the right way.

Hey, seeing my post I realise that I'm playing a triple A game about an Asian girl right now, does that count? Makes my horizons too broad for Ubisoft's tastes... I still get annoyed that they won't just make a full Assassin's Creed game about a woman. Would have been so much fun to actually see and do the relic hunt Evie did behind the scenes of Syndicate... But nooooo, Ubisoft prefers her brother giving other people knuckle sandwiches.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Hey, seeing my post I realise that I'm playing a triple A game about an Asian girl right now, does that count? Makes my horizons too broad for Ubisoft's tastes... I still get annoyed that they won't just make a full Assassin's Creed game about a woman. Would have been so much fun to actually see and do the relic hunt Evie did behind the scenes of Syndicate... But nooooo, Ubisoft prefers her brother giving other people knuckle sandwiches.

If you mean Faith (is she even Asian? xD), yea, it counts =D

If you mean Faith (is she even Asian? xD), yea, it counts =D

Yes I mean Faith and yes she is Asian, though to be fair I've read a couple of different Japanese people's reactions who were calling it "a western interpretation of how Asians look".

I dunno, no she doesn't look realistically Asian I guess but personally I saw her as a combination of "real" and "anime" Asian. She looks much better in the second game though, the first game only showed her face much in the end (save for 2D drawn cutscenes) and it looked off, somehow.

Anyways at the least it's a strong female lead, which we don't have enough of in my eyes. At least Faith has a realistic athletic build, unlike Lara Croft's huge rack. Speaking as a dude, I appreciate a female who can stand on her own but I don't need her sexualised to enjoy it. Yes to Faith and Evie and Chell and Rey (Star Wars, in case you're wondering), no to Lara. Though I hear she's actually wearing snow-appropriate clothing in the new game instead of a tank-top.

Let's all hope Horizon Zero Dawn does well and more big publishers take the leap to a female protagonist. No, DOOM can have a guy with testosterone poisoning, but a female lead in Assassin's Creed would be great. Especially since they already have Evie and can easily place her in India.

P.S. and definitely not Quiet from Metal Gear Solid. It's insulting that they think they need a character to behave like that to sell a game.

... wait, what was this thread about again? I forgot.

Edited by BillyHorrible

This game is wrong on so many levels...

Too much Engrish? :D

Yes I mean Faith and yes she is Asian, though to be fair I've read a couple of different Japanese people's reactions who were calling it "a western interpretation of how Asians look".

I dunno, no she doesn't look realistically Asian I guess but personally I saw her as a combination of "real" and "anime" Asian. She looks much better in the second game though, the first game only showed her face much in the end (save for 2D drawn cutscenes) and it looked off, somehow.

Anyways at the least it's a strong female lead, which we don't have enough of in my eyes. At least Faith has a realistic athletic build, unlike Lara Croft's huge rack. Speaking as a dude, I appreciate a female who can stand on her own but I don't need her sexualised to enjoy it. Yes to Faith and Evie and Chell and Rey (Star Wars, in case you're wondering), no to Lara. Though I hear she's actually wearing snow-appropriate clothing in the new game instead of a tank-top.

Let's all hope Horizon Zero Dawn does well and more big publishers take the leap to a female protagonist. No, DOOM can have a guy with testosterone poisoning, but a female lead in Assassin's Creed would be great. Especially since they already have Evie and can easily place her in India.

P.S. and definitely not Quiet from Metal Gear Solid. It's insulting that they think they need a character to behave like that to sell a game.

... wait, what was this thread about again? I forgot.

I was definitely interested in Mirror's Edge because of how cute Faith is and now I realize she's an Asian?

I'm sold.

I was definitely interested in Mirror's Edge because of how cute Faith is and now I realize she's an Asian?

I'm sold.

She has a pinkish skin tone and (also thanks to her tattoo and make-up it's not always obvious to see but yeah. I think it's obvious in the picture below, myself. Never mind, I could apparently only post a small format one here. Here's a link:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mirrorsedge/images/8/8b/Faith.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091227020403

I've put a picture of "new Faith", from Catalyst, below.

It's a big reboot, by the way. You're not missing anything if you haven't played the first game, just go directly into the second one. That would be my advice anyway.

image.img.jpg

Edited by BillyHorrible

I would be missing chance to snag some URs xD

Ah yes, I now see that you have almost 95% completion.... neeeeeever gonna happen for me ^-^

I got pulled in by achievement hunting, hated myself for it, started anew with trophies and now I just play whatever I feel like. If you see me completing a game it was very enjoyable and/or very short. I look at trophies to see what the devs want me to experience in their game but if it's out of my way and/or annoying then you won't see me going for it, and these days I usually turn of trophy notifications for a new game I play when it's supposed to immerse you in the story. The few times I can see myself grind it's either because the content is so diverse (Driveclub with all DLC; aren't race games a grind per definition anyway?) or because it's all in a nice open world to explore. Faffed about in Assassin's Creed Black Flag recently, even though I completed the story two years ago.

That being said, I hope that VR patches for games that are already out have some trophies in them, at least one for actually playing in VR. If only so I can flaunt VR like the big proud peacock that I am.