Trophy and Game Discussion (Grand Kingdom)

Dead Weight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, g-bake_1986 said:

So to clarify, how many of the trophies are online only? I'm not finding consistent information.

In theory the whole trophy list can be done offline but I would not recommend it.
I started off avoiding online functions when I played this game but once I went online it becomes much more accessible.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 11:48 PM, fisty123 said:

In theory the whole trophy list can be done offline but I would not recommend it.
I started off avoiding online functions when I played this game but once I went online it becomes much more accessible.

So in that regards it is kind of like White Knight Chronicles? Possible to platinum offline but much easier if you do it online?

On 2/6/2018 at 11:06 AM, Sora9427 said:

So, the Guide says the True? It's gonna be only a long plat but pretty easy to do?!

And i would like to ask, it's cross-Save? can i alternate it or have to choose a console? Better know that first :P 

To be honest its been a while since I played this so I can not recall if it was cross save or not.

31 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So in that regards it is kind of like White Knight Chronicles? Possible to platinum offline but much easier if you do it online?

Not just easier but will also save you a lot of time. You don't even need to pass the whole story for all the trophies, While I played most of this game in single player quests there are online functions that work while you play so being connected and using these functions will help a lot.

Just now, fisty123 said:

To be honest its been a while since I played this so I can not recall if it was cross save or not.

Not just easier but will also save you a lot of time. You don't even need to pass the whole story for all the trophies, While I played most of this game in single player quests there are online functions that work while you play so being connected and using these functions will help a lot.

That's what I like to hear :)

It is weird that it is so rare as the guide says it is a 3/10

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

A certain RNG will make or break you (me I got it very easy and got more then one of this item) .
Also a few of the combat trophies while not hard do require some steps in getting, unless your lucky.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

A certain RNG will make or break you (me I got it very easy and got more then one of this item) .
Also a few of the combat trophies while not hard do require some steps in getting, unless your lucky.

RNG...Combat Trophies...I think I got that covered :P

3I82YqM.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

As the writer of the guide in question, let me say that it's my personal opinion that "grindy" is not the same thing as "difficult".

Your mileage may vary, but I didn't consider Grand Kingdom to be a particularly difficult platinum, merely one that requires a fair amount of time and repetitive effort to be invested.  A lot of people don't want to invest large amounts of time doing that and move onto other games, thus why I believe a fair number of "grindy" titles have platinum trophy percentages that aren't truly reflective of their difficulty.

3 minutes ago, acasser said:

As the writer of the guide in question, let me say that it's my personal opinion that "grindy" is not the same thing as "difficult".

Your mileage may vary, but I didn't consider Grand Kingdom to be a particularly difficult platinum, merely one that requires a fair amount of time and repetitive effort to be invested.  A lot of people don't want to invest large amounts of time doing that and move onto other games, thus why I believe a fair number of "grindy" titles have platinum trophy percentages that aren't truly reflective of their difficulty.

That is true, but it is always something to take into account. I guess that is why you need to look at 3/10 and 100 hours

44 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

RNG...Combat Trophies...I think I got that covered :P

3I82YqM.png

Ah. yes... this thing, I am slowly working on the PS4 post game/grind.... until I started Monster Hunter that is.

As for the game in question it really comes down to time, I recall some members on PST.org that were taking 150+ hours but for me it took 75 hours which a lot of came down to quick luck and planning ahead after you get a feel for the game.

1 minute ago, fisty123 said:

Ah. yes... this thing, I am slowly working on the PS4 post game/grind.... until I started Monster Hunter that is.

As for the game in question it really comes down to time, I recall some members on PST.org that were taking 150+ hours but for me it took 75 hours which a lot of came down to quick luck and planning ahead after you get a feel for the game.

Well I look forward to starting it :) I am trying to plat an Ultra Rare game for every letter so this will be my G

Good luck with Star Ocean as well...it was fun :(

• 3 months later...

Is it just me or or does anyone else find this game ridiculously overly complicated and unclear? 

I'm at 72% now and in the process of finishing off the bounties and getting the other Pain in the arse trophies done. There are some bounties that are impossible to reach without utilising field skills, the ones in question I do not have. No idea how to get them either. I know they are called enemy warp and  wind push but how you get them I have no clue whatsoever. I'm guessing there is a member you can hire that has it or learns it. Fuck knows which one. 

I knew this game was grindy which is fine as I can go on my vita alot in work so it's a good game to do but I really wish I hadn't started it now. 

30 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

There are some bounties that are impossible to reach without utilising field skills, the ones in question I do not have. No idea how to get them either.

Every new hire comes with a random Field Skill equipped.  You can check which Field Skill a unit has prior to their hiring, and if none of them have the one(s) you're looking for, simply complete a mission of any sort and the available newbies will change.

You can also teach Field Skills to other characters by using the appropriate Grimoire.  Just be aware that doing so will overwrite their current Field Skill with the new one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acasser said:

Every new hire comes with a random Field Skill equipped.  You can check which Field Skill a unit has prior to their hiring, and if none of them have the one(s) you're looking for, simply complete a mission of any sort and the available newbies will change.

You can also teach Field Skills to other characters by using the appropriate Grimoire.  Just be aware that doing so will overwrite their current Field Skill with the new one.

Thanks much for that info that the new ones to hire change after each mission is done I didn't know that! 

So it turns out the only one I need now is enemy warp. Edging closer!