Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

Stupid typical Japan. Never right on anything. Gaming releases, music genres, nuclear threats.

Only because I ordered ultimate edition I'll still wait. But unless this game hits a 9-10 score. The wait isn't worth it.

Persona 5 should be pushed to Sept 30 for NA to compensate for FF XV creators being stupid.

It's a shame that the FFXV team was put in a lose-lose situation like this. 

With the current attitude that the more vocal parts of gaming culture has right now, no matter what they did people would hate on them.

Between releasing a game you know isn't the best it could be and delaying it so it can be better, the second option is the best one.

By delaying the game, FFXV team has dodged the problem Street Fighter 5 had earlier this year by doing what people wanted capcom to do with SFV, but now it has to deal with the problems No man's sky is dealing with right now (people aren't satisfied with what they bought).

• Like 1

It's a shame that the FFXV team was put in a lose-lose situation like this. 

With the current attitude that the more vocal parts of gaming culture has right now, no matter what they did people would hate on them.

Between releasing a game you know isn't the best it could be and delaying it so it can be better, the second option is the best one.

By delaying the game, FFXV team has dodged the problem Street Fighter 5 had earlier this year by doing what people wanted capcom to do with SFV, but now it has to deal with the problems No man's sky is dealing with right now (people aren't satisfied with what they bought).

That's the thing, right? You can't satisfy everyone. People expect perfect games with no issues on release every time. I think so far Uncharted 4 is the only AAA game that had a smooth sailing on release, and that's because it was delayed plenty.  

In the meantime...

Cp4ldIDVUAAnn9O.jpg

• Like 1

Tabata made FF Type-0 with Tetsuya Nomura.

Why would you think he's lying about the day 1 patch?

His body language.He is so nervous,he can't hide it.He even stared to his right to get confirmation he is doing well.And anyway,i simply can't believe that their issue is that people won't have internet connection to download the day-1 patch.I mean if you don't have internet in your place,you don't buy ps4 or xbox-one.Ps4 is 4x times more expensive than ps2 (when that was released) because you can do many things if you connect to the net.Why spend so much money if you can't connect?You don't even buy ps3 or xbox.Can you imagine a gamer nowadays that play his games unpatched?Also you make a youtube video to inform who?Those who don't have internet??I believe his ''master version'' is incomplete.That's why they want more time

Now I'm wondering what felt off about the game that the FFXV team felt the need to make a day one patch/delay it? Was it a graphical thing or maybe it was game balancing thing? When you consider that it felt so off that they felt it would be wrong to leave it in the non patched version of the game. It must have been something important to the overall game for them to delay it this close to the release.

Stupid typical Japan. Never right on anything. Gaming releases, 

You seem to have played MANY Japanese games to claim this.

His body language.He is so nervous,he can't hide it.He even stared to his right to get confirmation he is doing well.And anyway,i simply can't believe that their issue is that people won't have internet connection to download the day-1 patch.I mean if you don't have internet in your place,you don't buy ps4 or xbox-one.Ps4 is 4x times more expensive than ps2 (when that was released) because you can do many things if you connect to the net.Why spend so much money if you can't connect?You don't even buy ps3 or xbox.Can you imagine a gamer nowadays that play his games unpatched?Also you make a youtube video to inform who?Those who don't have internet??I believe his ''master version'' is incomplete.That's why they want more time

That's simply nature of Japanese people, he is nervous because he is severely disappointed in himself because he disappointed the fans.

Now I'm wondering what felt off about the game that the FFXV team felt the need to make a day one patch/delay it? Was it a graphical thing or maybe it was game balancing thing? When you consider that it felt so off that they felt it would be wrong to leave it in the non patched version of the game. It must have been something important to the overall game for them to delay it this close to the release.

I would bet on graphics.

Gameplay is pretty much the first thing Japanese developers do. 

@Satoshi I have. Jrpgs USED to be a fave genre. Then delays started cause Japan tried to be like western rpgs ND it doesn't work

JRPGs are not just Final Fantasy, though.

Smaller budget games come on release day.

But I do agree with the second part of the statement, but I already said that many times in this thread.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It's funny, we bitch and moan when a game comes out with a huge day one patch, so when Square decide not to do that and include it all on the disc, people are STILL not satisfied. I swear there's no pleasing some people.

Personally, I'm happy to see a delay, as I can only see it being positive for the game itself. Waiting two more months really isn't a big deal. And yes, maybe they shouldn't of made such a fuss out of the 30th of September release date if they were going to delay it, but I think it takes guts to do what they did. They could of just stuck to the release date and delivered an inferior game, but they chose not to. Like he says in the video, they would of regretted it. Bravo Square. 

• Like 2

It is becoming more apparent to me that the developers will never be satisfied with the game they make. The creative team obviously care deeply about making this game absolutely amazing, although unfortunately it is not likely they will ever be happy and "done" making the game. There will always be something new to add, or something to fix. Its a trap a lot of creators can fall into. 

This game has been in development for over a decade now, and sooner or later they will have to put out a finished product, and chances are the creative minds will still be unsatisfied. I'm not angry at Square for the delay, but more so frustrated because this has been a reoccurring problem for them now.