Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

For some time now I haven't read anything about FFXV or watched any trailers, to make things more interesting for myself. :D

But today I realized that "A King's Tale", which comes as a free preorder bonus in my country, is a standalone game! And it looks really good! Do you guys think it'll have trophies? I mean, I would play it anyway, but to get another FF game with trophies for free would be cool. :D

For some time now I haven't read anything about FFXV or watched any trailers, to make things more interesting for myself. :D

I think I'll do the same. I saw way too much of the game already. I want to be at least surprised when I finally play it.

Do you guys think it'll have trophies? I mean, I would play it anyway, but to get another FF game with trophies for free would be cool. :D

Highly possible considering it's coming to PS4. 

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

Bit of a random question but I thought maybe some people here that are equally excited for the game might have some ideas.

So, my birthday is November 26th. Just a few days before the game comes out. I've been playing with the idea of getting a tattoo for my birthday, and making it FFXV related. I have an idea of something I wanna do, but if anybody else has some ideas, do let me know. It's gonna be my first, so I really wanna make it something special.

Inb4 omg getting a tattoo of a video game is hella lame bro, don't do it. Get a butterfly or some japanese text instead!

Bit of a random question but I thought maybe some people here that are equally excited for the game might have some ideas.

So, my birthday is November 26th. Just a few days before the game comes out. I've been playing with the idea of getting a tattoo for my birthday, and making it FFXV related. I have an idea of something I wanna do, but if anybody else has some ideas, do let me know. It's gonna be my first, so I really wanna make it something special.

Inb4 omg getting a tattoo of a video game is hella lame bro, don't do it. Get a butterfly or some japanese text instead!

Have you played enough of the game to make it worthy of a tattoo? I mean, if the answer is now, then what if you end up not liking it that much after you do.

Still, the idea of having a tat based on one of your favorite FF is an amazing idea.

But, you asked for ideas, not if it was ok or not, so here I give one, what about a tattoo showing all the kind of weapons Noctis can use, maybe all forming some kind of pattern like a circle (I'm guessing the tat wont be too big and the weapon's desing would be kind of simple).

What do you have in mind? I've always thought it would be cool to get a video game tattoo, but it would have to be a game I really cared for. As of now, I don't know enough about FFXV to really justify getting one for that game. I mean let's just say you do get one, then it turns out you don't like the game, you're probably gonna regret that. Surely there's a video game that means a lot to you now?

Sticking with the Final Fantasy theme, I've always thought it would be awesome to get a tattoo of this.

E3aDphm.jpg

What do you have in mind? I've always thought it would be cool to get a video game tattoo, but it would have to be a game I really cared for. As of now, I don't know enough about FFXV to really justify getting one for that game. I mean let's just say you do get one, then it turns out you don't like the game, you're probably gonna regret that. Surely there's a video game that means a lot to you now?

Sticking with the Final Fantasy theme, I've always thought it would be awesome to get a tattoo of this.

E3aDphm.jpg

I mean, it's pretty stupid, but I was thinking of something like:

xCdm20t.jpg

Except the newer HP bar, obviously. Just Noctis', but with other status buffs, like Haste, Bravery, and Faith. Iunno, I told another friend, and they didn't seem to like it much. I thought it would look decent along the wrist area.

Have you played enough of the game to make it worthy of a tattoo? I mean, if the answer is now, then what if you end up not liking it that much after you do.

Still, the idea of having a tat based on one of your favorite FF is an amazing idea.

But, you asked for ideas, not if it was ok or not, so here I give one, what about a tattoo showing all the kind of weapons Noctis can use, maybe all forming some kind of pattern like a circle (I'm guessing the tat wont be too big and the weapon's desing would be kind of simple).

I've played through Episode Duscae for around 40 hours. This is also my most anticipated game, ever, so I'd have to say the game is pretty high up on my list already. It's not even possible at this point that I won't hate it. All that really remains is just figuring out a good design.

It's not a bad idea, but for right now it's too early to base a design around it because even though there's some designs shown in game that I could work with, there could always be better ones that might make the tattoo obsolete pretty quickly.

Edited by Valyrious

I mean, it's pretty stupid, but I was thinking of something like:

xCdm20t.jpg

Except the newer HP bar, obviously. Just Noctis', but with other status buffs, like Haste, Bravery, and Faith. Iunno, I told another friend, and they didn't seem to like it much. I thought it would look decent along the wrist area.

I've played through Episode Duscae for around 40 hours. This is also my most anticipated game, ever, so I'd have to say the game is pretty high up on my list already. It's not even possible at this point that I won't hate it. All that really remains is just figuring out a good design.

It's not a bad idea, but for right now it's too early to base a design around it because even though there's some designs shown in game that I could work with, there could always be better ones that might make the tattoo obsolete pretty quickly.

Well, I can't say its what I'd go with. I don't look at those health bars and instantly recognise them as being from FFXV. I'm sure there must be something cooler you could base it off. Like maybe there's a logo or something in the game, I dunno. If I were you, I'd wait until the game is out first. It would give you a chance to find any other designs in the game, and it would also give you time to think it over. I know you said there's no way you're gonna hate the game, but will you like it enough to want to get a tattoo of it? It's a big decision, and not one you should rush. Just my two cents.

VG tattoos are fine, but I'd definitely wait and play the game first. The last thing you want is to be stuck with a tattoo from a mediocre/bad game for the rest of your life. The first rule of getting a tattoo is to make sure you're comfortable with the idea of still rocking it in 20, 40 years. It should be something you identify with on a deeper level. Not to mention, if you end up really liking the game, you might come up with new ideas for the tattoo while playing it.

Go for it.  I'm wanting to get a FFXV related tattoo too but I'm waiting to see and play the game first.. don't want to get a tattoo of something that might be a failure. :P Maybe you'll get ideas when you play the game.

Final Fantasy XV "Luna Edition" PS4:

Shame it's only a slim PS4..

Edited by DEMON