Edunstar's No Title for a Backlog List

Edunstar84

Plat #89 - Dust: An Elysian Tail

1L52e1f2.png

This plat took me a while because I'm always afraid of doing time trials or score attacks, but today I thought I'd try my best to finish the game since I was just one trophy (albeit 4 more trails - 6 in total). This rest of the game is easy; beating the time trials was moderately difficult (for me).

Plat #90 - Overcooked 2

1L885f25.png

Great couch co-op game to play with friends and family members. Will wait for the DLCs to go on sale for the 100%.

I'm getting close to plat #100. Not sure what I'll choose. I guess I'll decide between plat 95-98.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Plat #92 - Deponia

1L9a0bce.png

Pretty cool point and click puzzle game. I like it way more than the Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Plat #93 - Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

1L93a666.png

An easy, short game but buggy. I'm glad none of the trophies bugged out on me. Cool plat tile, too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Plat #94 - Mixups by POWGI

1Lb3dd8b.png

An easy word game by POWGI. Would've been slightly better if the hints were better.

Plat #95 - Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (JP)

1Ldd012c.png

A fan service rhythm game that I've always wanted to play. I think I played the demo way back and decided against buying it, but someone was selling a physical Japanese version at a great price, so I decided to buy it. It was a bit slow going since I don't speak or read Japanese, but in the end I got better at it. Thankfully, most of the items you need to buy has pictures to it. The difficult part was playing songs over and over again to earn enough Diva Points for items, furniture, and clothes. Too bad I'm not better at it because I could see myself going back to it to perfect some songs. 

• 4 weeks later...

March Goals: 

• Plat 2 games. 3 if I can finish Puppeteer this week.
  • Start on Persona 5 (100th plat). I'll probably wait and see what the FF7 Remake platinum tile looks like.
  • Finish Rapunzel in Catherine and find a second controller. I might have to buy one.

I think I can manage it, even though it seems like a lot to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Plat #96 - Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past

1Lfaa9e7.png

Very easy. I enjoyed it, but now thinking back, I can't remember too much about the game. So I might just give the sequels a pass, unless they're a couple of pounds each.

Plat #97 - Puppeteer

1L38b9c7.png

If I didn't care about trophies, I would love this game front and back. But the floaty controls made getting some of the collectibles unbearable. Like LBP, I don't think no death/no damage trophies should be included in games that don't have better controls. Still, I'm happy that I completed it. It really is a charming story. My favorite bit was the bonus challenges. I thought they were going to be difficult for me because I really suck at timed challenges, but they were great fun.

Plat #98 - South Park: The Stick of Truth

1L5826d9.png

One of the few games I can name off the top of my head that doesn't feel like a chore to play, even with all the collectibles. After my first upset about missing a collectible (which turns out I really didn't, but I overwrote my save out of despair, so I couldn't go back to it), I took a break and didn't feel like going back to it.  A couple of days break was just what I needed, and I managed to finish the rest in less than a day. 

I can finally start on my 100th plat: Persona 5. I'm not too sure if it will be my 100th though. That all depends on what the Final Fantasy 7 Remake plat tile looks like.

• 1 month later...

Plat #99 - Forgotton Anne

1Lfd487f.png

A puzzle, platforming game with clunky controls but has an amazing story. It got me in the feels a few times. 

Plat #100 - Persona 5

1Lf68317.png

Months ago, I had a poll asking the community what should be my 100th plat out of a handful of games I had in my backlog. This game came out on top for obvious reasons. If they aren't obvious to you, then what are you waiting for? Play this game. It's super stylish with a traditional turn-based gameplay. My favorite dungeons were the first one and the 2nd to the last one. I won't say more than that because I really don't want to spoil any of it. The story is pretty epic. It drags on in the middle, but holds onto you for the rest. And the soundtrack? Don't get me started. It's simply brilliant. I can listen to it over and over again. The beats will have you bopping your head. There's a lot to love in this game. But the one thing I'd change is Tower's voice. It really grates on the ears.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Plat #101 - Emma: Lost in Memories (Vita)

1Lbd62ac.png

I only managed this one plat during May because I've been working on FF7R and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace. If I manage to play both efficiently, I might be able to finish them in June. Back to the game: I don't know what to say. I guess it's an okay platformer. I've heard better things from games, like Gris and Celeste. I think the developers were going for that, but the levels got super boring after a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Plat #102 - Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

1Lf2ff6c.png

I'm finally done with a game that's been in my backlog for years. I think it's my longest plat. It's left me a bit drained though because it's the only game I've been playing for the month of June. I need some easy plats/games to quickly recover.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Platinum #113

L692c81.png

1Lea057b.png

Arisen

A testament to the knowledge gained from both worlds after many adventures and even more battles.

Time: 91 hours

So, last year I experienced massive game burnout...is what I would love to say, but I was actually on my PC playing Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds - the newest mobile mmo (don't play it! it's not as polished as Genshin). After playing that game every day for about 7 months all I can say is, in the end, that it didn't spark joy. It's also been 2 full months since I've played it, and I don't really miss it. With that said, I wanted to take a nice good break from gaming in preparation for Hogwarts Legacy. Only to find out that the PS4 version releases in April. OUCH!! That actually hurt. I would've gotten the PS5 by now if it weren't for the lack of systems, and it (still) being quite expensive. You can't roll up to a store and buy one anyway.

Enter Tales of Arise! I weep and hang my head in shame for I, Edunstar84, could've easily finished this game ages ago. Where do I begin? To be honest, I've forgotten most of the story, but this is a JRPG. 2 warring nations/countries/worlds blah, blah, blah, and a group of strangers come together to save the day blah blah blah (pun intended). Anywho, the battle system was fluid and easy to jump right back into, which might mean that it was boring. I don't know really. I was really happy it wasn't complex because, oy boy, finishing and platting a game that you've taken a break from is difficult to do, especially when all you have left is endgame bosses. But what makes a great Tales of game? The art style is beautiful. I love me some watercolor. The skits were funny; not as funny as Tales of Hearts R or Graces f though. The characters themselves were ok. I liked Berseria's better (Hearts and Graces also). It definitely has the best world! Other than that, like I said, a typical Tales of game. 

So yeah, I know this isn't your typical review, but honestly, it's quite possibly the first time in a while since I've written this much in English. It's sobering.