Anyone else dislike summer?

u2mad_Bro

Hi everyone,

haha before someone says "you could make this a status", the reason I am posting it here is because everyone can see and who the heck even bothers to check my statuses xP. I guess the reason I dislike summer is because a) don't really have a family, just two parents being bad at parents; B) everyone is ofc busier; and c) having to go to university soon, no one seems to want to hire me for part time...which means that if i really wanted to work, i would have to be a porter Dx. I cannot get work that is why i have been volunteering and it is okay i suppose haha keeps my references fresh on the c.v. i suppose x3. 

idk i guess the past really is something i cannot get away from x3 that is why i am here to meet people, chat and just have genuine fun without being fake or ultra p.c. xD I have games to complete, books and journals to read, yet I dislike my summers. I guess if my parents did not move so much i would be able to make life long friends x3, am 21 btw and will be trying to get my master's a second time. 

I don't particularly look forward to university, but it is something i need to do to show that i am worthy of being hired as an assistant psychologist or anything related to it. Funny enough maybe that is why i always end up feeling low and lonely, because i just see university as a means to an end; trying to rush through everything just so that i can get a good degree. 

I mean sure, i could be like the rest of my peers, either go into the workforce for several years then go to university, but even then those people have had help from family or have connections. 

Anyway haha, summers for me are like this long dreaded abyss that i have to go through. that or i have to be like a monk and wait it out x3. 

Best wishes,

u2mad_Bro

p.s. am almost constantly looking for part time and volunteering, so it's not like i sit on my ass all day xP =D

I prefer winter, pretty much sacrificing 13 people to a ritual that is said to make it winter again instantly.

Though i don't dislike summer, it's very hot, true, but i actually like the other things i can do/see in summer that is rare to come by in winter. For instance, me sweating, people in speedos/summer trunks, go to the damn beach and be embarrassed, oh and can we mention sharing a giant ice cream stick while it drips its holy sweetness on so many surfaces :awesome:

I usually like winter more, just because I can be around my friends in school. I never get to hang out with anyone in the summer so I just sit in my house... all day... alone.... bored.... but hopefully that'll change because I'm getting a job this summer. I still prefer winter because it's easier to fix being cold than being hot.

• Like 1

I'm more of a Fall/Winter person. But everyone around me talks about how they can't wait for summer, and then complain because it's too hot. Now I don't like summer for the following reasons:

• It's too hot. I don't mind it being mild, I don't even mind it being warm. But if I'm outside for more than a couple minutes and I'm already sweating then I would rather dip into a pile of snow naked.
  • Bugs and mosquitoes everywhere. If the heat is one thing I hate about being outside, it's you get attacked by mosquitoes and tons of other bugs buzzing around you. And worse if they somehow get in to your house.
  • It means more people at the store, no matter what time I go. Since school is out, parents bring their kids to the store. Which means I hear tons of crying children, teenagers standing in my way moving at a snails pace, and it's a race to getting the ribeye steaks before someone takes all the good ones that aren't thin cuts. And the checkout lines are a mile long.
  • My allergies act up because grass is everywhere from people mowing their lawns.
  • My electric bill skyrockets because I have to keep the A/C on.

But on the other hand, there are girls wearing shorts and stuff, so that's a plus. And I like the sight of walking out and seeing a nice orange sunset accompanied with the smells of a family cookout. A cookout I wish I could join without it being awkward. But such is life. But those are only minor things that I enjoy about it. I would rather walk around in a coat and choose to be warm, no bugs, no crowded store.

• Like 2

I don't know if I dislike it or not.

Pros:

Longer daylight hours

Not being cold

I can wear nice clothes

No need for heavy coats

Thunderstorms

Cons:

Humidity ruins my hair

Men take shirts off, especially those with massive beer guts, like.. no one wants to see that.

Eyes hurt if I have to be out all day

Tanning

Sweating just from walking

Those 'summer noises', screaming kids, barking dogs and radios.

So.. I don't mind it I guess.

• Like 2

Summer is meh, I don't go out much so it doesn't really make a difference for me so I can't say I dislike it, never really cared much for seasons. I do love the winter though.

Btw my parents move a lot too (moving again next week in fact) so I can kinda relate, just gotta stay you and keep moving forward I guess. Hope you find that job.

• Like 1

I like summer. I'm used to the sun so I don't have any problems outdoors. Also, I would like to go to the beach sometimes to see some bikinis :eyebrow:

Additionally, it's the time of the year when I'm free the most, giving me time to sit back and play some long JRPGs. ^_^

• Like 1

It's winter here and I'm still wearing a t-shirt with the air conditioner turned on. Summer is sometimes too much here, I don't really like it at all. Summer in the City of Sydney Australia is fantastic, so many beaches and pools, Alas I don't live there any more.

I hate it. I'm fat and hairy which is ideal for insulating heat, but terrible for venting it. Also, this is the south, where people just straight up die from heat exhaustion and dehydration. It also falls to me to keep the grounds where I work, which translates to mowing, weed eating, and battling crepe myrtles. What's worse than the heat though is the mugginess and humidity, which makes breathing unsatisfying, kind of like being in a crowded hallway.

• Like 1

I <3 summer & winter. But mostly I prefer summer cuz it's the best time for surfing. :D

Also it's always great to see those stunning girls on the beach. They look very beautiful, so I'm taking a step in front of them to have a nice...

But then I smell their sweat. Yuck! :D 

Otherwise they are kinda wet. :awesome: