[Now available on the PS Store!] Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is coming to PS4

Finozzi1696

Hello guys,

if you want this damn game like me, come here and post something in the Quantic Dream Tweet

https://twitter.com/QUANTIC_DREAM/status/754057783729848321

Someone remember what you have to do for unlock all the artworks and songs?

I posted a comment yesterday on that tweet, I'm really sad and angry that it got delayed, since I was really looking forward to buy it that day.

They said they were going to give a new release date in the next days, now more than 2 weeks have passed and they still haven't said anything about it.

As for your question I can't remember very well, I think there were points that you collect through the game and you can then spend those points to unlock new artwork and songs?

By the way, I saw your username in Quantic Dream's tweet ;) :P

Edited by Finozzi1696

The biggest thing about the remaster versus the original was the tweaking of the simon says stuff. Looks worlds better on the remaster.

And like I said, I'm hyped either way. Just annoyed that they kinda pitched it as the remaster. I'm fine with ps2 games on ps4, but just think they are priced way too high when you can get the better looking and running versions on PC and even smartphones now.

That being said, I've still bought like 8 of the ps2 ports lol.

Yeah, the "Simon Says" shit looks horrible on PS2 compared to the remaster imo. Hell, I thought "Simon Says" mechanic was implented badly on the PS2. Yeah, sad that we're getting the PS2 ver. rather than the remaster, but oh well. I'll be a bit salty, but still a good game none the less. This is definitely a game that hasn't aged well compared to Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. Haven't played their other games aside these. Am still pretty hyped though.

Yeah, the "Simon Says" shit looks horrible on PS2 compared to the remaster imo. Hell, I thought "Simon Says" mechanic was implented badly on the PS2. Yeah, sad that we're getting the PS2 ver. rather than the remaster, but oh well. I'll be a bit salty, but still a good game none the less. This is definitely a game that hasn't aged well compared to Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. Haven't played their other games aside these. Am still pretty hyped though.

i don't want to argue with you barwl3r since you're a good user, but i don't see how the remastered simon says is so "much more improved" than the ps2 version?:

remastered version:

11-big-fahrenheit-indigo-prophecy-remast

ps2 version:

fahrenheit07.jpg?1324231382

the buttons on the remaster are somewhat bigger but apart from that is the same thing, when both of you said it was so much better done on the remaster i was expecting like a greater change but to me it's the same thing.

i don't want to argue with you barwl3r since you're a good user, but i don't see how the remastered simon says is so "much more improved" than the ps2 version?:

remastered version:

11-big-fahrenheit-indigo-prophecy-remast

ps2 version:

fahrenheit07.jpg?1324231382

the buttons on the remaster are somewhat bigger but apart from that is the same thing, when both of you said it was so much better done on the remaster i was expecting like a greater change but to me it's the same thing.

Doesn't mean you gotta argue with me. Have you played the remastered version? No way they can maximize the graphics in any way by much. It is still a port, it's not a remake or anything. They just tweaked the game and made it run better and feel better. Game ran better, and felt better  for me. Not a 100x better though. I don't remember if they removed or added anything new really. When I look at these pictures, can't really tell the different, since they're not the same pictures representing the same scenario. I liked playing "Simon Says" QTE with keyboard keys, rather than the way it was inputted with a controller in the PS2 ver. I just prefer remaster cause it runs better, better resolution, controls were better inputted for me, and game wasn't laggy I think for me. Remastered does look better, but just a bit, not much they can do for a, uh, 2005 game, is it? You could see featured details blood on uh, the protagonists face, (Lucas was his name?) while on PS2 you couldn't really see much. I played the game, but never finished, nor do I remember much story wise. I did bother to compare both versions. Remastered version looks a bit cleaner, but then it doesn't look as how it's meant to be featured like, you know? Like Silent Hill 2 Remastered, game doesn't has a much fog, BARELY, yet, that kinda ruined it because that made the game more mysterious, give you a sense of loss of direction, make you feel lost and scared cause you didn't know where exactly you were, or what could you be ahead of. That's something like in Indigo Prophecy, but it ain't nowhere near as bad. I noticed the snow covered more stuff on screen in PS2 ver., while in the remaster there wasn't as much snow tearing, I'm sure people liked that, but I didn't. Although Silent Hill 2 was a technical fuck up that involved data loss or whatever for textures and whatsuch from the original game.

And I don't recall the PC ver. being as blurry for Indigo Prophecy. But then we'll get the uncensored ver. of the game along better resolution via the emulation, so at least we ain't getting an untouched version of the game from over a decade ago. But also, when I mean I prefer remaster, I don't want an exact port of the PC/iOS ver., obviously they would have to tweak some stuff for the PS4. But of course, it's a lot easier for Quantic Dreams to handle the game like this. Oh, sorry for writing a lot, I tend to write a lot cause I like being specific, rather than giving a biased dull answer. As for whether I had reasoning proof of why I prefer the remaster, well, that's up to you of course, I never finished the game, and I ain't one of these people that compared side by side, max the settings, have good set-ups between a console and monitor, etc. lol I ain't got patience. I just care as long as the game can be the best it can be, which for me the remaster was. But as I stated, there's some issues I had with both version, so really, for me there's like no alpha version. But then I really ain't complaining, we're getting the PS2 version, and that's that. At this point, I just care about getting the game, since it got delayed. Don't even know if I'll get it right when it launches. Well, if the game wasn't delayed for so damn long!

Doesn't mean you gotta argue with me. Have you played the remastered version? No way they can maximize the graphics in any way by much. It is still a port, it's not a remake or anything. They just tweaked the game and made it run better and feel better. Game ran better, and felt better  for me. Not a 100x better though. I don't remember if they removed or added anything new really. When I look at these pictures, can't really tell the different, since they're not the same pictures representing the same scenario. I liked playing "Simon Says" QTE with keyboard keys, rather than the way it was inputted with a controller in the PS2 ver. I just prefer remaster cause it runs better, better resolution, controls were better inputted for me, and game wasn't laggy I think for me. Remastered does look better, but just a bit, not much they can do for a, uh, 2005 game, is it? You could see featured details blood on uh, the protagonists face, (Lucas was his name?) while on PS2 you couldn't really see much. I played the game, but never finished, nor do I remember much story wise. I did bother to compare both versions. Remastered version looks a bit cleaner, but then it doesn't look as how it's meant to be featured like, you know? Like Silent Hill 2 Remastered, game doesn't has a much fog, BARELY, yet, that kinda ruined it because that made the game more mysterious, give you a sense of loss of direction, make you feel lost and scared cause you didn't know where exactly you were, or what could you be ahead of. That's something like in Indigo Prophecy, but it ain't nowhere near as bad. I noticed the snow covered more stuff on screen in PS2 ver., while in the remaster there wasn't as much snow tearing, I'm sure people liked that, but I didn't. Although Silent Hill 2 was a technical fuck up that involved data loss or whatever for textures and whatsuch from the original game.

And I don't recall the PC ver. being as blurry for Indigo Prophecy. But then we'll get the uncensored ver. of the game along better resolution via the emulation, so at least we ain't getting an untouched version of the game from over a decade ago. But also, when I mean I prefer remaster, I don't want an exact port of the PC/iOS ver., obviously they would have to tweak some stuff for the PS4. But of course, it's a lot easier for Quantic Dreams to handle the game like this. Oh, sorry for writing a lot, I tend to write a lot cause I like being specific, rather than giving a biased dull answer. As for whether I had reasoning proof of why I prefer the remaster, well, that's up to you of course, I never finished the game, and I ain't one of these people that compared side by side, max the settings, have good set-ups between a console and monitor, etc. lol I ain't got patience. I just care as long as the game can be the best it can be, which for me the remaster was. But as I stated, there's some issues I had with both version, so really, for me there's like no alpha version. But then I really ain't complaining, we're getting the PS2 version, and that's that. At this point, I just care about getting the game, since it got delayed. Don't even know if I'll get it right when it launches. Well, if the game wasn't delayed for so damn long!

i was actually just talking about the "simon says" thing really, i know that since is a remaster it will have improved textures and other stuff but i still don't see it as a really big loss, is not like the remaster had "next gen ps4 graphics" to begin with.

from what i read is still the exactly same game, the remaster didn't removed or added anything, i think some people were concerned if this ps4 version would be uncensored like the remaster and quantic dream already confirmed last month on their twitter that the ps4 version will be uncensored.

i remember playing the original pc version years ago and i was annoyed with the controls, so it really just depends on if you are more comfortable playing certain game with a controller or with a keyboard, for me most of them are more comfortable with a controller, can't stand playing with a keyboard really.

since all of this ps2 games on ps4 comes with an upscaled 1080p resolution they look more cleaner and better now, so its not like it will look blurry like in the original ps2 release.

so in the end the only thing that the pc/mobile remaster has is better textures and things like that (but like i said not really "next gen" stuff for it to be such a big loss) but nothing else, so the ps4 version will be as complete as the pc version in terms of content.

i'll be getting it at launch since they clearly put more effort into the ps4 list, 49 trophies and a platinum, while the pc version had a crappy 17 achievements only list and of course no platinum, so i'll support quantic dream by buying the game at full price for their effort on the list, since i care much more about the plat rather than some textures.

Edited by smellslikejavier

i was actually just talking about the "simon says" thing really, i know that since is a remaster it will have improved textures and other stuff but i still don't see it as a really big loss, is not like the remaster had "next gen ps4 graphics" to begin with.

from what i read is still the exactly same game, the remaster didn't removed or added anything, i think some people were concerned if this ps4 version would be uncensored like the remaster and quantic dream already confirmed last month on their twitter that the ps4 version will be uncensored.

i remember playing the original pc version years ago and i was annoyed with the controls, so it really just depends on if you are more comfortable playing certain game with a controller or with a keyboard, for me most of them are more comfortable with a controller, can't stand playing with a keyboard really.

since all of this ps2 games on ps4 comes with an upscaled 1080p resolution they look more cleaner and better now, so its not like it will look blurry like in the original ps2 release.

so in the end the only thing that the pc/mobile remaster has is better textures and things like that (but like i said not really "next gen" stuff for it to be such a big loss) but nothing else, so the ps4 version will be as complete as the pc version in terms of content.

i'll be getting it at launch since they clearly put more effort into the ps4 list, 49 trophies and a platinum, while the pc version had a crappy 17 achievements only list and of course no platinum, so i'll support quantic dream by buying the game at full price for their effort on the list, since i care much more about the plat rather than some textures.

Are PS2 emulations even doing that well? i know for Rockstar Games they are. Of course not like Quantic Dream, since they only have one I think? They had other games, but I think they were on PC only? I wonder if this game will do well, or if enough people would be interested at least, rather. Many people don't like David Cage, like, his writing, and a lot of people weren't fond of Beyond Two Souls, some say Heavy Rain hasn't aged well, and some hated on Indigo Prophecy, be it the story, Simon Says mechanic, the story, etc. Some won't even bother because they're by David Cage, lol At least Indigo Prophecy was unique, like, how your actions can change the emotions of your player. As for whether that was implemented well, or aged well, well, I guess I'll see when I get the game on PS4. This, then Detroit, and I'll have all Quantic Dreams (well, on Playstation. And maybe have them all platted as well.) But again, I'll probably save my money for other stuff, most likely for Dead Rising on PS4, then maybe some digital games, most likely PS2 on Ps4 games, like Ape Escape 2, and of course, Indigo Prophecy

• Like 1

Are PS2 emulations even doing that well? i know for Rockstar Games they are. Of course not like Quantic Dream, since they only have one I think? They had other games, but I think they were on PC only? I wonder if this game will do well, or if enough people would be interested at least, rather. Many people don't like David Cage, like, his writing, and a lot of people weren't fond of Beyond Two Souls, some say Heavy Rain hasn't aged well, and some hated on Indigo Prophecy, be it the story, Simon Says mechanic, the story, etc. Some won't even bother because they're by David Cage, lol At least Indigo Prophecy was unique, like, how your actions can change the emotions of your player. As for whether that was implemented well, or aged well, well, I guess I'll see when I get the game on PS4. This, then Detroit, and I'll have all Quantic Dreams (well, on Playstation. And maybe have them all platted as well.) But again, I'll probably save my money for other stuff, most likely for Dead Rising on PS4, then maybe some digital games, most likely PS2 on Ps4 games, like Ape Escape 2, and of course, Indigo Prophecy

yes they are doing well, like you said take two stated that rockstar is having a "tremendous success" with their ps2 emulations on ps4.

sony is also doing well with their games, especially with their RPGs like both dark clouds, rogue galaxy, etc. you can see this by looking at their ratings on the game's store (and you can only rate a game after you purchase it)

since they are just emulations it doesn't take much money to make them, since adding and testing trophies and all of their other added features doesn't cost much to do, so just by selling (for example) 100 copies they are already making profit from them, and if you see their ratings the majority of them already have over 1.000 ratings, so they are a complete success and that's why sony keeps releasing more and more ps2 games every month :)

as for quantic dream i think they only made 4 games, their first game called omikron was released on pc and dreamcast (but they will probably release it on PS at some point), then they released fahrenheit/indigo prophecy which is their only ps2 game, and then all of their other games are exclusive to playstation: heavy rain, beyond two souls and the upcoming detroit become human.

yes there are people who don't like david cage but ironically his games still sell very well, heavy rain was a success on sales and critics (over 3 millions copies sold), beyond sold a little less (like more than 2 millions i think) but it was still a success on sales, then they remastered both heavy rain and beyond for the ps4 and seeing how both of them appeared on both top 10 best selling games for each region you can say they sold well on ps4 too.

i saw many people saying they will buy this ps4 version of fahrenheit/indigo prophecy, so once again it will sell well. not to mention many people are hyped for detroit, i even read people saying that while they don't like david cage's games they are still interested on detroit (its gameplay video is awesome!). and i think david won't be the only one writing detroit so maybe it will be better for some people.

i'm also looking forward to the three dead risings since i've never played them, sad to see we have to wait 1 month more to get them but oh well.

• Like 1

yes they are doing well, like you said take two stated that rockstar is having a "tremendous success" with their ps2 emulations on ps4.

sony is also doing well with their games, especially with their RPGs like both dark clouds, rogue galaxy, etc. you can see this by looking at their ratings on the game's store (and you can only rate a game after you purchase it)

since they are just emulations it doesn't take much money to make them, since adding and testing trophies and all of their other added features doesn't cost much to do, so just by selling (for example) 100 copies they are already making profit from them, and if you see their ratings the majority of them already have over 1.000 ratings, so they are a complete success and that's why sony keeps releasing more and more ps2 games every month :)

as for quantic dream i think they only made 4 games, their first game called omikron was released on pc and dreamcast (but they will probably release it on PS at some point), then they released fahrenheit/indigo prophecy which is their only ps2 game, and then all of their other games are exclusive to playstation: heavy rain, beyond two souls and the upcoming detroit become human.

yes there are people who don't like david cage but ironically his games still sell very well, heavy rain was a success on sales and critics (over 3 millions copies sold), beyond sold a little less (like more than 2 millions i think) but it was still a success on sales, then they remastered both heavy rain and beyond for the ps4 and seeing how both of them appeared on both top 10 best selling games for each region you can say they sold well on ps4 too.

i saw many people saying they will buy this ps4 version of fahrenheit/indigo prophecy, so once again it will sell well. not to mention many people are hyped for detroit, i even read people saying that while they don't like david cage's games they are still interested on detroit (its gameplay video is awesome!). and i think david won't be the only one writing detroit so maybe it will be better for some people.

i'm also looking forward to the three dead risings since i've never played them, sad to see we have to wait 1 month more to get them but oh well.

All these PS2 games you mentioned I also want. I'm just working on my backlog, so I can add these games. I'm actually low on space on my PS4. Yeah, these games are no more than 2 or 3 GBs, but still. Of course, I could buy them, keep in my library, and install them when ready. And that would definitely secure the chance of the games doing well, since I already paid for those. But I'm saving money cause if I want all Dead Rising games on PS4, it's probably gonna cost around $60 in U.S., just like all Capcom games cost $20 per each Resident Evil games like 6, 5, and 4, so Dead Rising probably going to do the same for each one. And I'm still waiting if they will have physical copies. If not, I'll just get the first Dead Rising, and then try to gather as much PS2 games, if I can. Not many new games that I want to play right away this year. Next year's I am though. And I really like David Cage. Yeah, his writing in some sections of his games were a bit off and silly, but I still like the way he thinks a lot. Like the guys from The Sw1tcher, they bash on any games by David Cage. I like them a lot, but pisses me off sometimes when they don't know what they're talking about when talking shit on David Cage. Even if you dislike, not like he made the games all by himself, lol In gaming industry, I respect him, Hideo Kojima, Neil Druckman, and some few others.

Anyways, at least a lot of people have the ability to play Indigo Prophecy this time around. Even easier now, since it is digital, obviously. Still waiting for some personal PS2 games of mine to launch, but so far, Sony has been choosing great PS2 gems. Just a few out there, but as it's been stated, it takes awhile to work on emulating them, like a month, right? And of course, they can't choose any games. But so far, their selection has been stellar. Well, that's about it. And yeah, hope you're right about omikron. I don't know about that game anyways. I think that's the game that had David Bowie, or something.

• Like 1

All these PS2 games you mentioned I also want. I'm just working on my backlog, so I can add these games. I'm actually low on space on my PS4. Yeah, these games are no more than 2 or 3 GBs, but still. Of course, I could buy them, keep in my library, and install them when ready. And that would definitely secure the chance of the games doing well, since I already paid for those. But I'm saving money cause if I want all Dead Rising games on PS4, it's probably gonna cost around $60 in U.S., just like all Capcom games cost $20 per each Resident Evil games like 6, 5, and 4, so Dead Rising probably going to do the same for each one. And I'm still waiting if they will have physical copies. If not, I'll just get the first Dead Rising, and then try to gather as much PS2 games, if I can. Not many new games that I want to play right away this year. Next year's I am though. And I really like David Cage. Yeah, his writing in some sections of his games were a bit off and silly, but I still like the way he thinks a lot. Like the guys from The Sw1tcher, they bash on any games by David Cage. I like them a lot, but pisses me off sometimes when they don't know what they're talking about when talking shit on David Cage. Even if you dislike, not like he made the games all by himself, lol In gaming industry, I respect him, Hideo Kojima, Neil Druckman, and some few others.

Anyways, at least a lot of people have the ability to play Indigo Prophecy this time around. Even easier now, since it is digital, obviously. Still waiting for some personal PS2 games of mine to launch, but so far, Sony has been choosing great PS2 gems. Just a few out there, but as it's been stated, it takes awhile to work on emulating them, like a month, right? And of course, they can't choose any games. But so far, their selection has been stellar. Well, that's about it. And yeah, hope you're right about omikron. I don't know about that game anyways. I think that's the game that had David Bowie, or something.

yeah that's why i always recommend everyone to purchase this ps2 games at full price and not just wait for a sale (only if they are interested in the game and if they have the money, of course!) because by doing that you're really supporting this ps2 emulation and so we can keep getting more a more ps2 games.

i don't know if you've already typed your requested ps2 games on the ps2 thread? if not i would like to see which ones do you want: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

currently i'm more interested in ps2 games and other remasters rather than being interested on new games lol, detroit and maybe the last guardian might me the only ones i'm looking forward to. i'm actually much more interested to see ps2 horror games like silent hill, obscure, fatal frame/project zero, haunting ground, rule of rose, clock tower 3, etc being released on the ps4.

yeah those guys from the sw1tcher are annoying, they buy david cage's games only to bash them? talking about having nothing better to do. i remember seeing that they liked until dawn though, its not a david cage game but the style is similar.

i don't know how much time it takes them to chose a ps2 game or make deals with external publishers to re-release their games on ps4, i only know that from what i've read it takes nearly 1-3 months to add and test trophies for them, according to a sony's employee.

i really hope to see more ps2 horror games since that's my favorite genre, as of now they have released 7 RPGs and many other action games, while the only horror game available right now is siren just because they own the IP (and there's also manhunt, but i don't think it can be catalogued as a 100% horror game).

about omikron i've edited my last message, it isn't a pc exclusive since it was released for the dreamcast too. apparently they were planning to make a ps1 and ps2 ports but since it didn't sold that well on dreamcast (since it wasn't a popular console) that's why they cancelled the PS releases. which in my opinion was a big mistake since both the ps1 and ps2 were the best selling consoles of their era, so i don't see how could they've cancelled their releases. hoping to see a remaster at some point, although since apparently it isn't an "interactive drama" game like all their recent titles i don't really have that much interest for it, but we'll see. david bowie made some music for it and also provied his voice for one of the characters, that's cool!

Can someone write up a trophy guide for this game based on what they've played in the PS2 version or the remaster, ideally as soon as possible, even by tomorrow? In my experience when Psychonauts came out, a trophy guide was never put up. This is my first time playing Indigo Prophecy so I'd appreciate it if the trophies were in chronological order in the guide and was left as brief as possible with spoilers.

Sweet! Never got a chance to play this one, but I've loved everything Quantic Dream has made since.

Excited!!! This will be final game from ps2 era I wanted to play but never could because I didn't have a ps2. Woot!

Well, Looking forward to that game.

So I will finally get to play this. Maybe not when it first releases but i will eventually.

Good news to me since I never had the chance to play it.

Finally. Another remastered game. How inventive they are. Otherwise I'll still buy this!  :D

Was awesome to play on PS2.

Nice! This game was good, one scene from this game is stuck in my memory when the main character was running on a wall of a building Matrix style ;D

I'm really excited for this!

I've always wondered if they had more possible finales than the three I had found, so as long as it will get a Platinum I'll take it xD

One of my all time favorites, nice to see it as a remaster :)

fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the (North American) PS Store. it'll be available tomorrow for Europe.

• Like 1

Can someone write up a trophy guide for this game based on what they've played in the PS2 version or the remaster, ideally as soon as possible, even by tomorrow? In my experience when Psychonauts came out, a trophy guide was never put up. This is my first time playing Indigo Prophecy so I'd appreciate it if the trophies were in chronological order in the guide and was left as brief as possible with spoilers.

I hope that someone makes a guide too, but in the meantime you can learn how to unlock some of them here: http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/indigo_prophecy_cheats_codes.html

Many trophies are related to the "Alternate endings" of that site.

This is really great news, I hope it has platinum as well, 14.99 seems fair price point.

I'll give it another chance on the PS4, with trophies and such.

Good news. I hear its a great game. Wish they would do this for the Vita. Think it would revive interest in it.

Never got to play it but I remember seeing it in stores back then. I'll make sure to play this. 

I might get this game down the line. 

I will be getting this eventually. 

This game is awesome.

I'm super stoked for this. I never got to play this game. 

Nice I've always been a fan of Quantic Dream. Now I just need to get Heavy Rain's platinum and get ready for this and Detroit!

woooooooo!!!!

like i said before, fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the (North American) PS Store. it'll be available tomorrow for Europe.

Thank's for the Help smellslikejavier! ;)

Wow! Is it coming on the European tour as well? I've played it on my PS2, back in 2012, just one year after I discovered David Cage's beautiful gems. I have Heavy Rain plat, the Beyond plat... I wanna grab this one asap and with Detroit I'll close the circle. Brilliant!

Hello guys,

if you want this damn game like me, come here and post something in the Quantic Dream Tweet

https://twitter.com/QUANTIC_DREAM/status/754057783729848321

Hyped either way

This has now been announced to release on 10th August next week.

Am still pretty hyped though.

again like i said before, fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the (North American) PS Store. it'll be available tomorrow for Europe.

again like i said before, fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the (North American) PS Store. it'll be available tomorrow for Europe.

Thanks. I knew of the date you changed it to, but I was still afraid of it getting delayed, so I decided not to pay attention until it FINALLY released, lol I may it soon, due to finally getting more Dead Rising news for the collection. I'll get the 1st Dead Rising game first, then I'll get Indigo Prophecy this or next week, I hope. Finally I can get more PS2 on PS4 games :D

like i said before, fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the (North American) PS Store. it'll be available tomorrow for Europe.

When I said "down the line" I didn't really mean right away. Perhaps a year from now, if it happens to be on a sale when my backlog has decreased substantially.

• 2 weeks later...

fahrenheit/indigo prophecy is now available on the (North American) PS Store. it'll be available tomorrow for Europe.

Thanks for the reminder. :) I won't be getting it for a while - my new job has basically eliminated my free time - but I'm still excited to finally be able to play and finish Indigo Prophecy after so many years.