[Now available on the PS Store!] Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is coming to PS4

Finozzi1696

Never had the chance to play this (shouldn't have read the thread and be spoiled. Oh well) so I'll definitely pick this up. I don't love the price point of these PS2 classics with trophies though. Ill grab it when it's 50% off.

yep, because if sony gets less money that will obviously help them to continue with the ps2 emulation...

less money = less ps2 games.

and then people will complain if sony stops with the emulation, when all they did was buying them on sales...

yep, because if sony gets less money that will obviously help them to continue with the ps2 emulation...

less money = less ps2 games.

and then people will complain if sony stops with the emulation, when all they did was buying them on sales...

Sorry buddy but you don't get a vote when it comes to how I spend my money.

• Like 1

Sorry buddy but you don't get a vote when it comes to how I spend my money.

and when did i explicitly told you to go and buy it at full price? i do get a vote when i give my opinion saying that the more money sony makes with this the more ps2 games we get with trophy support.

Edited by smellslikejavier

• 2 weeks later...

Never had the chance to play this (shouldn't have read the thread and be spoiled. Oh well) so I'll definitely pick this up. I don't love the price point of these PS2 classics with trophies though. Ill grab it when it's 50% off.

and when did i explicitly told you to go and buy it at full price? i do get a vote when i give my opinion saying that the more money sony makes with this the more ps2 games we get with trophy support.

I'm with FTW on this one, I think the PS2 emulated games are overpriced at this point. Take Bully for instance - it has been on for €2-€2.50 multiple times on PS3, I don't see why trophy support makes it worth €15 all of a sudden.

I vote with my wallet as well and my vote is that I'll look at PS2 games if they're on for €5 or thereabouts. I'm willing to make exceptions but only for games I really, really want. Super Star Wars for instance, I bought that day one for €10 and I still hope that enough people have done so and the devs are secretly working on Super The Empire Strikes Back and Super Return Of The Jedi now.

A game like Fahrenheit though, I can definitely wait. I'd buy the GTA trilogy first but I want to see a hefty cut on that one as well. The main problem I have with the emulations is that they're just that - emulations. No remastering of any kind. I got all the PS2 Star Wars games that are available now but I'm kind of disappointed by how the graphics look. Like Super Star Wars, I kind of like to see more emulations of 16 to 64 bit era games. PS2 is not nostalgia for me so except for the GTA trilogy and a select bare few titles I missed (like Fahrenheit) I don't really see myself buying much.

And P.S. the Jedi Starfighter PS2 emulation was horribly glitched (still is), they need to step it up if they want me to buy any PS2 emulation at all.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I'm with FTW on this one, I think the PS2 emulated games are overpriced at this point. Take Bully for instance - it has been on for €2-€2.50 multiple times on PS3, I don't see why trophy support makes it worth €15 all of a sudden.

I vote with my wallet as well and my vote is that I'll look at PS2 games if they're on for €5 or thereabouts. I'm willing to make exceptions but only for games I really, really want. Super Star Wars for instance, I bought that day one for €10 and I still hope that enough people have done so and the devs are secretly working on Super The Empire Strikes Back and Super Return Of The Jedi now.

A game like Fahrenheit though, I can definitely wait. I'd buy the GTA trilogy first but I want to see a hefty cut on that one as well. The main problem I have with the emulations is that they're just that - emulations. No remastering of any kind. I got all the PS2 Star Wars games that are available now but I'm kind of disappointed by how the graphics look. Like Super Star Wars, I kind of like to see more emulations of 16 to 64 bit era games. PS2 is not nostalgia for me so except for the GTA trilogy and a select bare few titles I missed (like Fahrenheit) I don't really see myself buying much.

And P.S. the Jedi Starfighter PS2 emulation was horribly glitched (still is), they need to step it up if they want me to buy any PS2 emulation at all.

trophy/platinum support, remote play, share play, streaming, etc all that takes money to add and test, and yes things like remote play and streaming have to be manually tested too to make sure they work properly, is not an automated process like some people think they are.

meanwhile the ps3 versions didn't had any of that, only difference with the normal ps2 versions was the 720p resolution but except for that they didn't had anything else added (no trophies, no remote play, no share play, no being able to stream them, etc) so of course their price were lower.

if they were remasters then you should expect a higher price, like $19.99, $29.99 or higher like previous ps3 remasters. this emulations looks very good at HD 1080p (at least the 3D ones, haven't played any 2D emulation yet).

for a lot of people ps2 is nostalgia already ( especially for games prior to 2006), if it isn't for you then well you're in the minority. and that's another reason why this emulation is having so much success, because of nostalgia purposes.

"Rockstar is having "tremendous success" with their PS2 games on PS4" <--- you can keep complaining all you want about their price tag and everything about this emulations, but the truth is they are being highly successful for rockstar and of course for sony too, so expect to keep seeing more ps2 games being emulated and having the same current price tag.

nothing about them will change except if they stopped being successful, but as you can see 8 months have passed since this ps2 emulation started and sony keeps having great success with them.

Edited by smellslikejavier

trophy/platinum support, remote play, share play, streaming, etc all that takes money to add and test, and yes things like remote play and streaming have to be manually tested too to make sure they work properly, is not an automated process like some people think they are.

meanwhile the ps3 versions didn't had any of that, only difference with the normal ps2 versions was the 720p resolution but except for that they didn't had anything else added (no trophies, no remote play, no share play, no being able to stream them, etc) so of course their price were lower.

if they were remasters then you should expect a higher price, like $19.99, $29.99 or higher like previous ps3 remasters. this emulations looks very good at HD 1080p (at least the 3D ones, haven't played any 2D emulation yet).

for a lot of people ps2 is nostalgia already ( especially for games prior to 2006), if it isn't for you then well you're in the minority. and that's another reason why this emulation is having so much success, because of nostalgia purposes.

"Rockstar is having "tremendous success" with their PS2 games on PS4" <--- you can keep complaining all you want about their price tag and everything about this emulations, but the truth is they are being highly successful for rockstar and of course for sony too, so expect to keep seeing more ps2 games being emulated and having the same current price tag.

nothing about them will change except if they stopped being successful, but as you can see 8 months have passed since this ps2 emulation started and sony keeps having great success with them.

You rehash a couple of already used arguments again, yet again I find you "replying" to a post of mine without actually going into what I'm saying, and yet again I find myself having to explain a full post to you.

• The €2 on PS3 was a sale price, I was not talking about PS3 base price versus PS4 base price. I was saying that the game has gotten such great sales on PS3 that just the trophy support is not enough for myself to justify paying €15 for it. That's my opinion, and I'm not using remote play or any of the other stuff you mention.
  • I never said that for €15 I wanted a remaster, of course a remaster is worth more (as a starting price). My point was being it's just an emulation and that's not worth it for me as PS2 is not nostalgia for me.
  • I'm a minority because PS2 is not nostalgia? Pull the other one! PS2 is nostalgia just for a very specific subset of gamers. Most of the nostalgia is aimed at what you grew up with, which is part of the reason why SNES is high nostalgia for me. PS3 and PS4 brought tons of new gamers to team PlayStation who never have experienced a PS2, and that's not even talking about gamers who have been with PlayStation from the beginning but have experienced earlier consoles as well and aim their nostalgia at those. It's ridiculous to say that a majority of gamers has PS2 nostalgia.
  • You don't have to "prove" that the PS2 titles are succesful, especially for Rockstar. we all knew that they would be succesful. I'm just giving my opinion here, I thought I was clear enough on that in my previous post.

You really have to stop trying to prove things to people who don't share your opinion. It would be better to try to figure out what makes them have those opinions instead of rehashing the same points over and over.

You rehash a couple of already used arguments again, yet again I find you "replying" to a post of mine without actually going into what I'm saying, and yet again I find myself having to explain a full post to you.

• The €2 on PS3 was a sale price, I was not talking about PS3 base price versus PS4 base price. I was saying that the game has gotten such great sales on PS3 that just the trophy support is not enough for myself to justify paying €15 for it. That's my opinion, and I'm not using remote play or any of the other stuff you mention.
  • I never said that for €15 I wanted a remaster, of course a remaster is worth more (as a starting price). My point was being it's just an emulation and that's not worth it for me as PS2 is not nostalgia for me.
  • I'm a minority because PS2 is not nostalgia? Pull the other one! PS2 is nostalgia just for a very specific subset of gamers. Most of the nostalgia is aimed at what you grew up with, which is part of the reason why SNES is high nostalgia for me. PS3 and PS4 brought tons of new gamers to team PlayStation who never have experienced a PS2, and that's not even talking about gamers who have been with PlayStation from the beginning but have experienced earlier consoles as well and aim their nostalgia at those. It's ridiculous to say that a majority of gamers has PS2 nostalgia.
  • You don't have to "prove" that the PS2 titles are succesful, especially for Rockstar. we all knew that they would be succesful. I'm just giving my opinion here, I thought I was clear enough on that in my previous post.

You really have to stop trying to prove things to people who don't share your opinion. It would be better to try to figure out what makes them have those opinions instead of rehashing the same points over and over.

and that is your opinion but since they include more added stuff unlike the ps3 versions that's why they cost more now, since they take more time to do. and based on the ratings of each game on the ps store you can notice they are being more successful now on the ps4 than they were on the ps3, since the majority of ps2 games on the ps4 has more ratings. and you can only rate games after you've purchased them.

if the ps2 is not nostalgia to you then that's fine but it is for a lot of people seeing as how it is one of the most successful, best selling and with the most longevity consoles of all time, and people who grew up with it or just want to remember things that they've played 10 years ago.

seeing how to this day the ps2 is one of the best selling consoles of all time with the longest durability on the market (more than 12+ years), surpassing the sales and longevity of the SNES is understandable that there are so many people who have played it before, obviously more than the SNES.

actually before this emulations started there were some people saying that this emulation was going to fail because it wasn't proper BC and because of its price tag, and as you can see that wasn't the case at all. so what you said about "we all knew they would be successful" doesn't 100% apply.

now i'm seeing that those people who didn't thought they were going to be successful are now buying them, so even they are making this emulation more and more successful.

so what i'm trying to say is that complain all you want about their price, the way they look, if they are nostalgic or not to you, etc but the truth is, and the facts are, that they are being highly successful so we'll keep seeing more and more ps2 games every month getting the same treatment.