How to play online?

RachelCharlotte

Neither public games nor ones with friends can be played as 'the session no longer exists',and Google shows not a single result.

Obviously at least some chosen few were allowed to play online so I'm asking you: How?

(And I've been playing Tomb Raider online ten minutes earlier so it most certainly is the game's flaw.)

Update:

If anyone in the future comes here looking for an answer: I only found one most people won't like. Two consoles in the same network for some reason work while until this day not a single successful connection to a place less than 1km away could be established with this game.

Edited by Karlsson89

• 9 months later...

It has been almost a year since I played and got the plat. I remember having some issues but eventually got in. I connected with people in Canada and in central USA. I am on the east coast.

Some other issues could of arose since then. I doubt it will ever get fixed.

Edited by snakebit10

• 1 month later...

I'm in Quebec and played with someone from Spain. No issues to connect. Might have send an invite but that's all.

For Raucous Rabble it's easier to do it locally. Done it with my PSTV using remote play and it worked perfectly. Only have two DS4 but you can use DS3 on the PSTV.

I think it's possible to use PS Vita as a second controller also.. I might be wrong tough i didn't test this..

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've recently earned the platinum and I can confirm that you only need the online feature for 2 trophies:

1) 'Get by with a little help from your enemies' ?

2) 'King of the tower' ?

You have to use 2 consoles and 2 accounts, I used my ps4 and my ps5 and my alt-account.

You also have to be the host to receive trophies. To be the host, you have to select 'Online' from the main menu when you enter the game but you do not search. You search with your alt-account only. This will also take forever, you will have to spam search over and over. It took me 30 minutes to connect. 

The rest of the multiplayer trophies can be done with 2/4 controllers respectively. I don't think you can use 4 controllers at once though. I personally had to have my own Mother play with me that I was so desperate to find extra hands, it's too tedious otherwise. 

King of the tower for reference, requires that you have the most loot collected (And you must be the host) - the trophy pops after you return to the hub (the NetherRealm tower) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

All trophies are simple and only require time to level up all four heroes. It is enough to choose any overlord you like and play it constantly. I played as Cryos, a sorcerer of frost magic. You must immediately collect 150 cubes for weapons Constant supply of minion cubes. It is advisable to level up the brown bodyguard minions first. Be sure to improve the characteristics of the lord of the purple crystals installed next to the throne. It is better to farm trophies for 100 crowns “Coronation” and “Game of Crowns” in the prologue, Mission 1.2 “Weapon Forge”. You can easily complete three races in a level.
The servers in the game are partially broken and it is advisable to make online trophies through two consoles on one router, but this is not a guarantee either. I was able to play online with friends only after a couple of days of experimenting with the Internet.

There are only three (3) ONLINE trophies that require 2 players (or two consoles): 
«Get by with a little help from your enemies»: complete any quest in online multiplayer with at least one other player. (Finish Prologue 1.1 "The Trials of Evil")
«King of the Tower»: finish a quest in 1st place in multiplayer (Finish Prologue 1.1 "The Trials of Evil" and collect a lot of treasure)
«Evil will always triumph»: kill a "boss enemy" in a multiplayer game. (Finish Prologue 1.3 "Troll`s Lair" and kill two Trolls)

Online trophies that can be obtained in solo public mode:
"Coronation" - Gain 100% of the crowns in one quest.
"Game of Crowns" - Gain 100 crowns in-game through winning phases.
"Speeding is illegal" - Complete/win 100 traversal states within the time limit.

Co-op trophies for 2 gamepads in local mode:
"With friends like these.." - Complete a quest in local co-op with at least 2 players present.

Co-op trophies for 4 gamepads in local mode:
"Raucous Rabble" - With four players, each summon 4 minions at the same time.

Edited by TiamaTiK