Rise of the Tomb Raider

Should hopefully be coming out this November. Now that Uncharted 4 is over, looking forward to new Tomb Raider. Hopefully we hear something about it at Paris Games Week, like a trailer and hopefully a release date. And I'm hoping it is the complete edition, with all the DLC included.

Edited by DysectorZA

I haven't play the reboot yet but I thought the sequel wasn't overly well received (or at least not as well received as the first one)? I wonder what kind of sales a PS4 would actually do...especially now that Uncharted 4 is out.

I honestly think it may do better once it is out on pS4, There is many more PS4 owners. I for one want to play it. I loved the reboot, except the tacked on MP. I loved the campaign.

• Like 2

My coworker knows a guy who interns for Sony's social media division (if that's the right word for it), and he said that Rise of the Tomb Raider should be out in November, as well as come in 2 editions: the vanilla version, which will be just the game and all patches on disc for $49.99, and then the complete edition which will have the game, all patches and the season pass code in the box for $69.99. The pricing makes sense cuz the season pass for Xbox One is $29.99, so you'd be saving $10 by getting the bundle

• Like 1

I haven't play the reboot yet but I thought the sequel wasn't overly well received (or at least not as well received as the first one)? I wonder what kind of sales a PS4 would actually do...especially now that Uncharted 4 is out.

Actually, the sequel got better reviews than the first game, and lots of people liked it a lot better than the first one. As for whether the game would now do as good as the first one... eh, no idea. I know I want it on PS4, but I'm not sure what kind of sales the PS4 ver. would do. And yeah, I'm sure it would be affected seeing as how Uncharted 4 is already out But then cause of Uncharted 4, I feel like playing more adventure-type games, and the new Tomb Raider offers exactly that... whenever we receive it on PS4, that is.

• Like 1

I refuse to buy it after they pulled that exclusive crap. If they didn't want my money last year, they aren't getting it this year.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE! I am going to wait at least a year after it releases before I get it due to my Sony exclusivity agreement. Or when I can get the full game with dlcs for $20. Whichever happens first

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 3

I honestly think it may do better once it is out on pS4, There is many more PS4 owners. I for one want to play it. I loved the reboot, except the tacked on MP. I loved the campaign.

Actually, the sequel got better reviews than the first game, and lots of people liked it a lot better than the first one. As for whether the game would now do as good as the first one... eh, no idea. I know I want it on PS4, but I'm not sure what kind of sales the PS4 ver. would do. And yeah, I'm sure it would be affected seeing as how Uncharted 4 is already out But then cause of Uncharted 4, I feel like playing more adventure-type games, and the new Tomb Raider offers exactly that... whenever we receive it on PS4, that is.

Oh ok. I just always heard a "meh" from everyone in regards to the game. Maybe that had a lot to do with the exclusivity of it as people might have been like 'is this game really worth forking out money for an exclusive contract"

• Like 1

I think the reviews were good, but the sales weren't that great. Releasing it on the same day as Fallout 4, which was also available on PS4, didn't do it any favors.

Interesting to hear some saying it's good, I too heard it wasn't that great.   I enjoyed the first game, agree with the unnecessary tacked on MP, but I'm not sure how I'll react to this when it eventually releases for PS4, still pretty sore about the whole situation.   Prob a sale buy at some point, no way I'm dropping a full price outlay on this after the FU to us PS gamers, reap what you sow CD...  

I totally forgot I was really hoping for something at E3. I will be purchasing this game for sure I loved the reboot and have played it through twice, I did hear it wasn't as good as the reboot but still not a bad game. 

I already played the game on xbox one and i need to say that this game is better than the first game :)

And thank god there's no multiplayer!

• Like 1