Rise of the Tomb Raider

My coworker knows a guy who interns for Sony's social media division (if that's the right word for it), and he said that Rise of the Tomb Raider should be out in November, as well as come in 2 editions: the vanilla version, which will be just the game and all patches on disc for $49.99, and then the complete edition which will have the game, all patches and the season pass code in the box for $69.99. The pricing makes sense cuz the season pass for Xbox One is $29.99, so you'd be saving $10 by getting the bundle

I hope that's not true. I'd want all the DLC on the disc and not have to pay extra for it after all the bullshit they've pulled. Especially since it'll have been out for months on Xbox by that time, and one of them is a zombies pack... Give me strength!

I'd rather they cancel the PS4 release of this Uncharted want to be and make Tomb Raider Anniversary 2 (a remake of Tomb Raider II) instead. It is the 20th anniversary, after all, and I've been hoping for a TR II remake ever since Anniversary released 9 years ago.

Tomb Raider is a shadow of its former self right now, and really the only way to redeem it would be Anniversary 2 imo. It wouldn't fully redeem it, but it'd be a big step in the right direction.

• Like 1

I honestly thought this had already come out. Then my buddy was complaining the other day saying it still had a placeholder date. Have to say I'm shocked it's taking so long.

Buk, that's entirely unrelated and merely stirring the pot. Cancelling production of this game for something that probably wouldn't sell half as well would be a poor choice.

I'd rather they cancel the PS4 release of this Uncharted want to be and make Tomb Raider Anniversary 2 (a remake of Tomb Raider II) instead. It is the 20th anniversary, after all, and I've been hoping for a TR II remake ever since Anniversary released 9 years ago.

Tomb Raider is a shadow of its former self right now, and really the only way to redeem it would be Anniversary 2 imo. It wouldn't fully redeem it, but it'd be a big step in the right direction.

I would absolutely LOVE that! The classics are the best but they are very clunky to play now which is why Anniversary is my favourite game of the series. The reboot was so bland it hurt! I've not been very impressed with Crystal Dynamics at all really since they took over the series, well Legend was good but they went and mucked it up with Underworld and now the reboot. I know they made Anniversary too but it was made from great source material (the original), so it's clear they are crap at making their own entries from scratch.

TR2 Anniversary would be a dream come true. Even if they make it as a bonus/spin-off game in between the reboot series, or of course another dev could create a new "classic" Tomb Raider series?

• Like 1

I highly assume that the people who talk this game bad never played it. I can tell you people that RofTR is an amazing experience! It's better than the reboot in so many ways and the only reason this game did not sell as good as it should have been, is because it was first on XBONE and this overhyped mediocre game called Fallout 4. I'm so going to buy it again on PS4!

I highly assume that the people who talk this game bad never played it. I can tell you people that RofTR is an amazing experience! It's better than the reboot in so many ways and the only reason this game did not sell as good as it should have been, is because it was first on XBONE and this overhyped mediocre game called Fallout 4. I'm so going to buy it again on PS4!

I really hope so. As a fan I don't want to hate the game by any means but tell me this: if I disliked the reboot does it stand to reason that I will dislike Rise too or is there something about it old fans like myself would appreciate? I have made myself stay clear of any spoilers/info so am in the dark.

I hope Sony consider to bring it to PS3 at least, if there's the X360, that sholuld happen, the game was realased months ago for PC

same here the reason that there's a 360 version and no word of a ps3 port is because a different developer's other than crystal dynamic have worked on the 360 version alone. and yeah, I agree, would be nice if we got a port of the 360 version on ps3, I don't mind the inferior graphics, not the best looking game on the ps3 but I played and plat the ps3 port of the evil within and I actually liked the last gen version graphics... ps4 version looked like a 1080p ps3 game anyway, and I don't know if i'll get a ps4 next year or not, so ps3 port will do now.

• Like 1

I want to play The Evil Within too, but when I found it in a good Price, the time I was going to buy it, it was sold out, then I haven't found it in any Price, and for the digital version, I should erase some of my games, yes, "The Rise Of The Tomb Raider" was developed by Crystal Dinamics with the support of Microsoft, If Sony finally get the decision to realase it in the PS3/4, that would be them best decision after a long time

I really hope so. As a fan I don't want to hate the game by any means but tell me this: if I disliked the reboot does it stand to reason that I will dislike Rise too or is there something about it old fans like myself would appreciate? I have made myself stay clear of any spoilers/info so am in the dark.

I've never played the original Tomb Raider games, but I can't think of any reason why someone would not like it. There are more tombs to discover and more puzzles to solve but nothing too difficult. The locations and graphics are stunning and the plot pretty interesting with a semi open world to play around. My first playthrough took me about 25-30h. I wouldn't call RotTR a traditional TR game, but it's alot better than the reboot and I liked the reboot as well. I think old school TR fans will like it ;) 

• Like 1

I've never played the original Tomb Raider games, but I can't think of any reason why someone would not like it. There are more tombs to discover and more puzzles to solve but nothing too difficult. The locations and graphics are stunning and the plot pretty interesting with a semi open world to play around. My first playthrough took me about 25-30h. I wouldn't call RotTR a traditional TR game, but it's alot better than the reboot and I liked the reboot as well. I think old school TR fans will like it ;)

Thanks for the reply. :) I can't say I'm super excited to play it but I will definitely give it a chance. I'm glad to hear it's better than the last one.

Don't know where people are getting that Rise was not as good as the first game in the reboot. Almost every reviewer called it better, and more of a Tomb Raider game while the last one tried to be more like Uncharted and/or Far Cry.

I refuse to buy it after they pulled that exclusive crap. If they didn't want my money last year, they aren't getting it this year.

Do like I do - wait for people to put it up used. I won't let them male money off of me that easily but I do want to play the game. I also cancelled my Osiris pre-order.

I know, I know, Sony has pulled crap like that as well - with the same series, no less. Doesn't mean I don't get to be petty about it.

• Like 1

I'm an old fan(started with the games on PS1) and I liked the reboot, so... Looking forward to playing this one, down the road. 

• 2 weeks later...

But just yesterday the developers stated that the PS4 version is still coming, with a "Holiday 2016" release date.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/01/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-ps4-not-cancelled/

• Like 3

Keep forgetting this game exists. I feel like I should tattoo it to my forehead so I can remember. Not sure why Sony is so hush-hush about it. Unless that's part of the "exclusive" deal that Microsoft has. I heard many things about this game. Given the bias that most people have towards Microsoft and Sony, I ignored everything said about the game. I highly enjoyed the first one. This one seems to build of the ending of the first and I'm intrigued to play it (whenever they decide to release it).

Have I mentioned how much I despise temporary exclusivity? No? Just checking...

Wait, what does Sony, Sega and Nintendo have to do with a deal between Square Enix and Microsoft?

I was commenting on the fact that someone is being petty over this deal ever though Sony and others do the same type of deals as well.