What is your Favorite Command Deck Set-up?

As the topic said, would like to know what is your fave deck set-up :).. Mine's:

Aqua:

Zero Graviga

Magnega

Thundaga Shot

Mega Flare or Deep Freeze

Magnega (replaced with Curaga if in boss battle or Arena)

Mega Flare (replaced with 2 Curaga if in boss battle or Arena)

Terra:

Zero Graviga

Magnega

Thundaga

Aeroga

Mega Flare

Mega Flare or Meteor (replaced with 2 Curaga if in boss battle or Arena)

Ventus:

Zero Graviga

Magnega

Thundaga

Salvation or Mega Flare (replaced with 1 Aeroga and 1 Curaga and  if in boss battle or Arena)

Magnega (replaced with Curaga if in boss battle or Arena)

Faith

For Shotlocks, I often use Photon Charge and of course replace them with their ultimate shotlocks if it become available... :)

oh... and obviously... I will set them up to 5 Thunder Surge and 3 Curaga when I am going to fight Unknown/MF...

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

On all 3, I used Freeze Raid, Thunder Surge, Curaga, and Magnega.

Terra: I used Ars Solum + Something I don't recall, Ven: Salvation + Time Splicer and Aqua: Time Splicer + Mega Flare.

Of course when it came to superbosses, I adjusted my builds. (Mainly Thunder Surge/Curaga stacking except for Lingering Remnant)

• Like 1

To be honest, I tend to mostly wing it and go with whatever Commands I can level up. One of my favorite things about the Command Deck system is how flexible it is, and how it lets me constantly experiment and switch up my repitoire in between battles.

But as for what I usually go with? Well, a Curaga or two is a must. Aside from that, I actually mostly prefer "flashy" skills over "practical" skills, as I have the most fun using those. For Ventus and Aqua, I like to stack offensive magic like Deep Freeze, Thundaga, etc, along with a handful of fast or double-slotting physical techniques with wide AoEs like a Surge, Time Splicer, and Salvation. Naturally, I swap out those heavy physical commands for bosses, because holy crap that's literally asking the boss to kill you. It's why I'm nervous to consider tackling BBS' superbosses, especially since by principle I'm not interested in using a build exclusively containing Curagas and Surges.

Since Terra lacks magical expertise (especially with the Chaos RIpper), I go for mostly physical stuff with him, maybe utility magics like Magnet and Stop spells. I'm talking Aerial Slam, Chaos Blade, Windcutter, etc.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Terra:

• Sonic Blade
  • Chaos Blade
  • Dark Haze
  • Thunder Surge
  • Ars Solum
  • Curaga

Preferred command style: Dark impulse for the huge increase in attack speed.

Ven:

• Salvation
  • Time Splicer
  • Thunder Surge
  • Faith
  • Curaga

Preferred command style: Wingblade.

Aqua:

• Magnega
  • Triple Firaga
  • Thundaga Shot
  • Thundaga
  • Raging Storm
  • Seeker Mine
  • Curaga

Preferred command style: spellweaver -> bladecharge for mobs, ghost drive for bosses

Edited by Dragon-Archon

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Magnega + Thundaga (you can't have one without having the other)

Mega Flare

Mega Flare

Thunder Blitz

Curaga

This works very well in the Arena with every characters, you can annihilate entire waves of monsters and spam Thunder Blitz and your Shotlock against the boss (you want to remove one Mega Flare and put two mines for Monstro tho).