Time consuming- vs. skill games

D4N11--

Time vs. Skill  

63 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer out of 2 opinions to plat:

• Skill games
    • Time consuming games

What kind of game you like if you choose time consuming vs difficult games?

I prefer skill! I've been playing FFX for ~150hours and no plat yet. Even tho this is really good game and I love it, I can't understand 9% of this site has plat, while olliolli 2 has 0.7% plat and it takes like 15hours with skill.

Well you're opinion?

The difference in the rarity is that one is fun while the other is garbage.

Or maybe because so many people already played FFX because it's a also a PS2 game and OlliOlli2 was a Plus freebie so lots of people played it once and never touched it again?

no?

• Like 3

Also, Olliolli 2 was given on PS+, so a lot of people tried it just because they had free access and then didn't went for the platinum because: they aren't trophy hunters or they didn't liked the game, or it was to hard for them...

Really, there's a lot that goes into that nice trophy rarity number outside of time consuming and skill difficulty.. availability is one of those, since non-trophy hunters or non-completionists will try anything they get for free and that makes them count as a owner of the game too..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2

It doesn't really matter what game it is but overall skill games have smaller % than time consuming games.. thats the point. 

Also, Olliolli 2 was given on PS+, so a lot of people tried it just because they had free access and then didn't went for the platinum because: they aren't trophy hunters or they didn't liked the game, or it was to hard for them...

Really, there's a lot that goes into that nice trophy rarity number outside of time consuming and skill difficulty.. availability is one of those, since non-trophy hunters or non-completionists will try anything they get for free and that makes them count as a owner of the game too..

I think majority of this site are trophy hunters, and afaik the game owners / trophies earned in this site are calculated from this site's members+ the people who are synced to this site. I could be wrong but thats how I've been feeling all the time

I much prefer skill games, since you have to improve your self to BEAT it.

Anyway, if the game is skill dependant, fun and you have to grind, I love it.

For example: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 in the first three months of release.

Edited by DDasE
  • Like 1

Plat rarity doesn't mean anything tbh. All 3 dark souls games are considered hard but the Plat rarity on all 3 are ~17%. All 3 Fallout games with trophies have rarer plats and they aren't particularly hard or time consuming

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 3

Skill-relying games. Time-consuming stuff doesn't make you improve in anything else other than patience (assuming the game is lenient in difficulty).

However, if I enjoy the game, I'll gladly take both stuff, because my main objective is to have fun, which surpasses any other intention.

As for rarity, that doesn't tell anything sometimes, though 3% and beyond might mean that the game doesn't have many workarounds to make your life easier compared to more common plats, or the other reason is that its a hidden gem or unpopular game (which are my cup of tea btw :P).

Even so, I agree with people saying rarity doesn't always mean difficulty. For me, MGS2 is a 9/10 VR plat that is more difficult than many URs I have like El Shaddai, Xcom, Mk vs DC and so on.

I love skill based platinums even though I have only few of them right now. Max Payne 3 is my proudest but GTA V was not easy as well. Over 300h to platinum. But in my opinion I like the way of being skilled player in some game. I would prefer to get second platinum in Mirrors Edge or CoD Bo2 than any game I wasn't enjoying that much with platinum acquired after playing over 200 hours.

My gears like a good grind.  :P  

I enjoy games rather than what they require of me.   Skills and grind can both be very enjoyable, and/or stressful and tiring for differing reasons, depends on the game.   A mix of skills and grind is ideal perhaps, but I'm struggling to get off the fence on this one.  Skill games give a better sense of achievement I think, but there's admiration for dedicated grinders too, anyone that managed 10k kills in Resistance 2 has my respect, that's some real commitment there.  Lol

I'm probably more of a grinder nowadays, old school gamer, so my skills aren't quite what they used to be.   :)

• Like 1