Time consuming- vs. skill games

D4N11--

Time vs. Skill  

63 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer out of 2 opinions to plat:

• Skill games
    • Time consuming games

When Leettalk gets real here lol. Also fun that people mostly are thinking that Fighters are the only Gerne which requires Skill... I also preffer for my taste Games where you need to get deeper into the matter. Only a few reasons why i personally like grinds somehow... even most of them are boring af, 1st; Most of them are pretty rewarding, 2nd; i can watch many Movies/Animes while doing Grinds. 

• Like 1

have to agree that often time consuming games require skill...i think it also depends on how fun a game is...personally, i found wipeout and mirror's edge to be very time consuming as well as needing to build up skill level to get all the trophies...my enjoyment level was about a -10 so as soon as i finished with them, deleted them from my console...on the other hand, max payne, gta iv, rdr, the uncharted series, and a handful of others didn't require much skill at all but i spent months/years playing them not only to get them at %100 but also to unlock all of the in-game bonuses and work my way up the multiplayer leaderboards since i found the gameplay somewhat addictive...i'm not really sure how all this platinum rarity works as i never cared much as long as a game was either on sale, fun, or recommended by others...i only recently started paying attention to it after a few discussions with members on this site...it was pointed out that for some people it is relatively important and used as a way of kind of rating themselves and other gamers...i like to try a variety of games or play all the games of a series i'm liking so bottom line for me would be:

if time-consuming = fun, i'm all in...

if difficult = fun, i'm all in again...

if easy, short, or both = fun, yep, i'm all in again...

if i've purchased it, started it, and am hating it, still all in...but will never play again once all trophies acquired...