Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mumpel

PSN Sending Users 1 Free Week of Plus

19 posts in this topic

Screen-Shot-2012-09-20-at-9.34.23-AM1.png

For some reason or another it appears that Playstation is sending some users a free week of PSN+. I'm not sure of the particular reasons as to why but hey, free stuff :P

You do need to have a credit card listed on your profile though for it to work. It seems a bit odd to me yeah but that's just how it is. You have until October 11 to redeem the free week

[source]

thats weird, i got 30 days. I needed to have an active credit card.. at least a message popped up saying so

20120920_160157_zps7ac68351.jpg

Edited by Kirbz

until someone can find an article saying why psn is doing this, I would be very wary about accepting that ...

until someone can find an article saying why psn is doing this, I would be very wary about accepting that ...

Yeah. Exactly what I was thinking...

Especially since "Free" "Trial" and "Us" are all capital, but "on" is not. Attention to detail is important here.

Edited by daftprophet

Yeah. Exactly what I was thinking...

Especially since "Free" "Trial" and "Us" are all capital, but "on" is not. Attention to detail is important here.

Actually, when writing a title that capitalization would be correct. The part I would be worried about is that there is no explanation. That attached file could be any number of things. I mean it could give you a free week while collecting all your passwords at the same time. So until finding an official Sony article saying what is going on, I would not recommend opening it.

EDIT: I found this article: http://www.examiner....ls-to-psn-users

So at first glance the 30 day freebies look legit, however that one week freebie is suspect. The ps plus system does not work on a week basis, everything about it is set up by the month.

Actually, the article says that you would get an email, not a message to your psn. I would open them at your own risk, personally however I would not bother.

Edited by Sir_Bee

Actually, when writing a title that capitalization would be correct. The part I would be worried about is that there is no explanation. That attached file could be any number of things. I mean it could give you a free week while collecting all your passwords at the same time. So until finding an official Sony article saying what is going on, I would not recommend opening it.

So at first glance the 30 day freebies look legit, however that one week freebie is suspect. The ps plus system does not work on a week basis, everything about it is set up by the month.

Actually, the article says that you would get an email, not a message to your psn. I would open them at your own risk, personally however I would not bother.

In general, yes. Titles do work that way, but like you said, I'd be suspect to it. It just seems fishy to me... :hmm:

That article is from December 2011. I would find something more current to base things off of and use at your own risk. It shouldnt need a credit card because you can use prepaid for things and they credit you fine for psn play promotions or even during the playstation blackout

Looks like one user was a previous PS+ user and the other not. Perhaps they are giving 30 days free trial for those who previously paid for PS+ and a week trial for those who haven't yet purchased it. Makes sense, access to all those free games (if you don't own many of them) and then have them removed after a week. More than a couple people will probably just pay to keep PS+ going.

Edited by unstablefears

I recently let mine run out and last night when I logged on they offered me a free month to come back to plus.

You do need to have a credit card listed on your profile though for it to work. It seems a bit odd to me yeah but that's just how it is. You have until October 11 to redeem the free week

when you sign up for plus there is a setting that it will auto renew its self if you dont turn that option. so it cant charge you if you dont have a credit card on the account.

Umm... i got that email last year and those codes needed a credit card attached to the account in-order to redeem them (i think some people found a loophole to that but i can't remember...) so i just gave the codes to my friends... I think they are sending messages directly to users because of what happened last time with the emails, when guys were stacking the codes and getting a year+ of ps+ for free... But that message is real, i think i have one that links directly to the store somewhere in my inbox....

this is from december, i actually got one of those last year on the day of my birthday. it had 3 codes. thats something totally different.

It's legit if it's from [ PSN ] with the PSN logo next to it, that can't be spoofed.

Wouldn't it be SEN instead of PSN?

Wouldn't it be STFU kies :angry::shakefist:

Wouldn't it be STFU kies :angry::shakefist:

I'm reporting you due to offensive language!

No, PSN is a part of SEN.

Oh i thought PSN (and other seperate names) disappeared and they were all replaced by SEN