Gifting Disliked Swimsuits?

What the title says. 

Although the main intent of this game was to enjoy it and get the Platinum trophy, I can see it as a game to go back casually when I have nothing else to do. 

Obviously the girl has slots in their closets for all swimsuits, so does anyone know how to gift them a swimsuit they dislike? or is it a matter of making them really satisfied and they'll take anything from you? I know there used to be a trick on the previous version where you'd send something, go home and they have it in their inventory but this one seems to fix that. 

• 1 year later...

I've been playing this game for a while now and have been trying to gift all the girls all the swimsuits to fill their closets up.

From what I can tell, the main thing you need to do is max out of their closeness with each other. What you want to see are the red music notes hovering around your partner's head when she greets you in the morning and when you offer her a gift in person. I think her satisfaction is a secondary variable that can help your chances of her accepting the gift. Although I've had girls accept swimsuits they dislike with their satisfaction only half-filled. Other times I've had full satisfaction and the red music notes and still have her reject the swimsuit. So, I really can't be for sure. It seems a little random. This can be daunting when you're trying to gift Helena's more expensive and tantalizing swimsuits.

Good Luck.

Edited by Damail

On 20/6/2016 at 1:03 PM, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Obviously the girl has slots in their closets for all swimsuits, so does anyone know how to gift them a swimsuit they dislike? or is it a matter of making them really satisfied and they'll take anything from you? I know there used to be a trick on the previous version where you'd send something, go home and they have it in their inventory but this one seems to fix that. 

What I did was gifting them from the Hotel room and not in person. This way if they reject it it will sent back to you still wrapped, so you can send it again right away. Eventually they end up accepting it. You can do this either in girl mode or owner mode. Of course you will need to not be playing as the girl you want to send the swimsuit to and you should ahve her as your partner so you can also increase her satisfaction to up the chances of her accepting it. Doing this I sent to Honoka all the swimsuit I wanted her to have while I completed one vacation with each girl =)

On 6/3/2018 at 6:44 PM, AndresLionheart said:

What I did was gifting them from the Hotel room and not in person. This way if they reject it it will sent back to you still wrapped, so you can send it again right away. Eventually they end up accepting it. You can do this either in girl mode or owner mode. Of course you will need to not be playing as the girl you want to send the swimsuit to and you should ahve her as your partner so you can also increase her satisfaction to up the chances of her accepting it. Doing this I sent to Honoka all the swimsuit I wanted her to have while I completed one vacation with each girl =)

Although sending gifts through the hotel is fine, sometimes your partner will gift you one of her swimsuits that you don't currently own. It will just show up as "gift from _____"???" just the same as if you had sent it with her wrapping paper and everything. If you just send that back you miss out on an opportunity to fill the closet of the girl you're playing as with other girls' swimsuits. This is why I always gift swimsuits at the end of the day in person. However, I gift all of the poses through the hotel since I have yet to have any partner send me one of her poses through there. So if she rejects a pose I know for sure it's the one I sent (and I can send it right back).

Edited by Damail
Spacing

• 3 years later...

What I do to get the girl to always receive the swimsuit is to use the “USB drive” method.

I would buy the swimsuit and wrap it in their favorite color gift paper. I would then save the game and copy the file to an USB drive. Then I would go and try to gift the swimsuit to the girl. If she accepts it, then it’s all good and you continue playing. If she rejects it or returns it (happens when she accepts the gift but does not open it right there. Wait until night time to see if she returns it to you), then you quit the game, overwrite the current save from the one in the USB drive and repeat. She will eventually accept it no matter what, though having a high bond makes it easier, though not necessary.

This method dates back in the original Xbox era, when I would use a memory card to do the exact same thing. :)