Relic 28 glitched?

baas-bertus

Great just great. This stupid last trophy glitched on me. I can't pick up 1 relic. I now have 28/29 relics found and there's nothing to do about it. I've tried everything inlcuding completly deleting and reinstalling the game. And once more on another ps3. That cost me 5 hours and 2 playtroughs extra just to see that it's hopeless........ 

It's the number 28. Last level. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

If you can physically see it but the option doesn't appear, maybe it's the text that's just not appearing, have you tried just mashing the input button around like a bat outta hell near it anyways?

The only other thing I can see, you have picked it up and the relic sprite is still there, hence why the text isn't appearing and it's another one you are missing or are you 100% certain it's this one?

Edited by TigressLion

I'm very sure it's the one. I've found all the others. 

The only thing I can say is, maybe the trigger spot is tempermental. Push it 10,000 times while running around it like a headless chicken. Sorry I can't be of more help. I mean you could always import another users save but... we all know where that leads haha.

I also thought this was the case in my game. I got really annoyed because it was the last relic I needed and I thought the game glitched on me. However, i forgot that the last level has 2 relics and the last one is further ahead in the level. Did you check both relic locations? Start of the level and further on?

On 6/20/2016 at 11:37 PM, danceswithsloths said:

Im thinking you are looking at another run-through the game? Idk though i've never played this game so idk what that entails.

Not a particularly long game, and it's pretty easy, so a second playthrough wouldn't be that bothersome.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post

yes, the other one is gone. 

I'll just forget about it. Maybe there's a patch later

Game came out over 4 years ago, there's no patch coming.

In regards to your issue, if in fact you have the right relic and can't collect it, then it's more than likely a one off bug as I've googled this and checked the trophy guide and didn't find any others reports of this issue.  As according to the guide the game only saves relics you've collected once you get to a checkpoint/autosave, there's a few possibilities, including:

*you picked it up, died, and need to get it again

*you picked it up, died, game registered you got it but didn't give you credit, BUG, you're fucked (sorry), start a new game or new game+

*you picked it up, saved, game again registered but didn't give you credit, again BUG, again you're fucked, see above

*you didn't pick it up and have the wrong relic

Unfortunately if you did encounter a bug, more than likely you'll need another playthrough.  As the last person who earned this trophy got it barely a half hour ago, there's no over-arching bug with the trophy itself, so backing up/deleting your saves and playing again should do it.

However, before doing any of that, I highly recommend you double and triple check that you have the right relic.  The easiest way to do this is follow powerpyx's guide for the list of relics -

- as they are in the same order in the video description as they are in the game.  Then one by one load each chapter, pause the game, and check the relic before and after the one you are missing.  This should eliminate the guesswork, so that you know exactly which one you're missing.  If it's the one you thought, then that sucks, but hopefully it turns out to be a different one and you can just run and grab it.
  • Like 1

yes, the other one is gone. 

I'll just forget about it. Maybe there's a patch later

There won't be any patches. This game is many years old, there won't be a patch. If you really got a problem, even after restarting your PS3, then I recommend you delete your save file and do another playthrough on easy and get all the collectibles then. :) Shouldn't take you more than like 5 hours or something?

Well, I doubt the game will get patches, it's very old.

If you're totally sure about that one being your last one, I recommend you to finish the game.

Then chose new game + but starting from that chapter.

I remember that I tried to get most of relics in my first run, and that one, precisely that one I couldn't get it.

I think I skipped or avoided to do something and that's why it got locked.

So when I got there in my second playthrough I didn't skip a thing, I didn't rush, I even waited stand for all little devils to spawn before going further, just in case.

And then I could get the relic. I hope that helps you. Good luck.