Borderlands 2 Review Roundup

LeeMcD-

Borderlands-2-Hands-On-Preview-E3-2012.jpg

Just a little list I put together of BL2 reviews that have been released. Click on the site name to go to the each review. Enjoy ^_^

1. GameSpot: 8.5/10
  2. PSXExtreme: 9.4/10
  3. Play UK: 90%
  4. Official PS Magazine: 9/10
  5. Playstation Universe: 9.5/10
  6. Playstation Lifestyle: 9/10
  7. GiantBomb: 4/5
  8. GameInformer: 9.75/10
  9. IGN: 9/10
  10. Joystiq: 4.5/5
  11. GamesRadar: 4/5
  12. GamesTM: 8/10
  13. GamePlanet: 9.5/10
  14. Edge Magazine: 9/10
  15. G4TV: 5/5
  16. GameTrailers: 9.2/10
  17. The Sixth Axis: 9/10
  18. EGM: 9.5/10
  19. Official XBox Magazine: 9/10
  20. IncGamers: 10/10

Overall: 90.7%

Average seems low based on what you posted. Sure you didn't accidentally the numbers?

But yes, everyone agrees the sun shines out of the game's arse. Hope everyone's having fun playing it. :)

I'm certain the numbers are correct :P It only looks low because of all the 4/5 scores, but that's just 80% so they're what's dragging it down. There should really be a standardised format for scores :shakefist:

I'm certain the numbers are correct :P It only looks low because of all the 4/5 scores, but that's just 80% so they're what's dragging it down. There should really be a standardised format for scores :shakefist:

I'd rather scores were abolished. Arbitrary numbers are meaningless. Review text is the only important thing, it tells you a billion times more than some silly number.

• Like 2

4 out of 5 sounds like a great score but its really only 80%

and i tend to lean on the side with Shmenon-Pie in that you really can't base anything off of a number... you need someone who has played it... i always found it to be funny when i read a gameinformer and see the scores before the game even comes out as if there were 1000 people playing the game and scoring it... and a lot of the "Score" is probably swayed by fanboyism or trend... I would rather listen to Angry Joe or play it myself.

BUT.... after saying all of that... and having played the game for a couple few hours i would say that the scores are pretty accurate... im having a lot of fun with it and i feel like the game has improved from its original... I feel like the left all of the great stuff that made Borderlands what it is and added to the greatness... and thats my 2 cents...

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

10 minutes of gameplay and i´m not impressed ?

That is a fair sentiment, but just because you don't like the game does not make it overhyped. It was 'hyped' up to be more of borderlands with more guns and more environments and more baddies. They give you exactly what they claimed.

• Like 1

That is a fair sentiment, but just because you don't like the game does not make it overhyped. It was 'hyped' up to be more of borderlands with more guns and more environments and more baddies. They give you exactly what they claimed.

I´m getting it anyway tho :ninja:

You are a fail.

Its awesome. If I were to assign a number from 1 to awesome I would definitely lean more towards the scores that it is receiving. Not overhyped.

I´m a fail ?

first of all yeah "It’s apparent that Borderlands 2 is going after that testosterone-filled, 18-35-or-so demographic, with its over-the-top marketing verbiage eg. “a bazillion weapons just got bazilliondier”, and more boom for for buck. But i simply feel, they are filling us with lies if so too speak ( bazillion guns ? really ? .. more woop woop ?? ... well maybe i´m being too serious ..? but people, you blindly fall for the trailers "over the top marketing" and furthermore hype this game (omg borderlands 2 **jizz in my pants** ..don't hate me because of this, i just think its overhyped...

Maybe I am butthurt over the fact that this game gets more spotlight than more better games out there ?? Maybe I just think its unfair ?

So BT, I ask you again brother. Am I a fail ??

Edited by John Malik

I´m a fail ?

first of all yeah It’s apparent that Borderlands 2 is going after that testosterone-filled, 18-35-or-so demographic, with its over-the-top marketing verbiage (eg. “a bazillion weapons just got bazilliondier”), and more boom for for buck. But i simply feel, they are filling us with lies if so too speak ( bazillion guns ? really ? .. more woop woop ?? ... well maybe i´m being too serious ..? but people, you blindly fall for the trailers "over the top marketing" and furthermore hype this game (omg borderlands 2 **jizz in my pants** ..don't hate me because of this, i just think its overhyped...

Maybe I am butthurt over the fact that this game gets more spotlight than more better games out there ?? Maybe I just think its unfair ?

Next time you copy and paste, try to make it look less obvious. ;)

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/18/game-theory-borderlands-2-fails-to-cross-ove/

I´m a fail ?

first of all yeah It’s apparent that Borderlands 2 is going after that testosterone-filled, 18-35-or-so demographic, with its over-the-top marketing verbiage (eg. “a bazillion weapons just got bazilliondier”), and more boom for for buck. But i simply feel, they are filling us with lies if so too speak ( bazillion guns ? really ? .. more woop woop ?? ... well maybe i´m being too serious ..? but people, you blindly fall for the trailers "over the top marketing" and furthermore hype this game (omg borderlands 2 **jizz in my pants** ..don't hate me because of this, i just think its overhyped...

If you indeed copied and pasted? Yes.

If you criticized the game after watching a 10 minute video and are still going to buy into it? Yes.

To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to their advertising so if this whole "Bazillionder" crap came into it, that is kind of lame but I still wouldn't treat that as "hype".

I still love you though <3

PS. Also what Johnny said, he raises a good point. The gameplay style of Borderlands, especially the way they introduce new characters and concepts, has always been over-the-top. Its part of the humour, its making fun of itself. That's partially why I enjoy playing through the game so much.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

Next time you copy and paste, try to make it look less obvious. ;)

http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

Dude,

i copy pasted this -> It’s apparent that Borderlands 2 is going after that testosterone-filled, 18-35-or-so demographic, with itsover-the-top marketing verbiage "eg. a bazillion weapons just got bazilliondier" :)

That´s one line ? :D

Edited by John Malik

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am jumping in late, but basing a game off of a 10 minutes video is pathetic. You might say "Oh, I might not like this game" or "I probably won't get it", but to say it is overhyped off of it? It is wrong. I may be biased since I absolutly love this game, but the 10 minutes video applies to every game. In my opinion, it really isn't as hyped as it should be.