Certified Item?

DarkAnimaa

Really though, what is with developers recently making great DLC trophies and then all of a sudden saying "EFF YOUUU!!!" and adding ridiculous trophies? I'm looking at you Need for Speed and Battlefield Hardline...  <_<

I wouldn't mind the little grind for these 'level up' and 'veteran status' trophies but I do not like the fact the no-one knows how it exactly works with the drop rate of these painted and certified items.

EDIT: Though I do agree that a grind like with Battlefield Hardline's trophies is absolutely ridicilous. But seeing that you only need 100 goals/saves/etc. with these certified items is fine in my opinion.

Edited by LucasV9991
  • Like 1

Same, I really enjoy playing this game but this is getting on my nerves a little bit -_-

Yah I love this game too. Maybe if they haven't made the item drops so damn random or to rare (like getting an exotic in Destiny from loot engrams) then I would have 100% this game by now.

• Like 1

You're the kind of person who makes this game insufferable to play... Just play it properly or not at all.

Nah, if Psyonix wanted people to play for real they wouldn't have put out this patch. They already broke games by having people just sit there and get saves and specific things for the Certified item leveling. 

• Like 3

Nah, if Psyonix wanted people to play for real they wouldn't have put out this patch. They already broke games by having people just sit there and get saves and specific things for the Certified item leveling. 

The game gets patched to add new customisable things into the game and fix issues. Not so people can just idle and ruin everyone else's experience in the game.

Also to give rewards for ranked play season 2 and start season 3.

• Like 2

I guess I hit the 10 hour cap?  I'm no longer receiving any rewards at the end of matches.  That's crazy.  10 hours and no painted or certified items.

Edit - Never mind.  It looks like I've collected all common items.  Just have to keep playing and waiting for a painted or certified to drop since that's all that is left.

Edited by SirShavesALot

I agree 100%. It takes some real talent to make a fun game, but also even more "talent" to screw up the fun in the game by encouraging players to idle or play in an absurd way.

In fact, I wish more people would just bum around in matches so that the developers realise their mistake.

• Like 2

By looking though this thread, and seeing people having spent 10+ hours and not recived any cretified items or paint, the only thing I can say i've gotten super lucky.

After 15-20 matches I recived this certified item, and on top of that probably the easiest to level up.

post-125692-0-40991800-1466730006_thumb.jpg

Good luck to the rest of you, it'll happen eventually :)

• Like 1

By looking though this thread, and seeing people having spent 10+ hours and not recived any cretified items or paint, the only thing I can say i've gotten super lucky.

After 15-20 matches I recived this certified item, and on top of that probably the easiest to level up.

attachicon.gifRocket League®_20160624023912-min.jpg

Good luck to the rest of you, it'll happen eventually :)

Yeah, that one doesn't appear too difficult to level up; also lucky because it looks especially good on the Ripper imo.

Am I correct in my assumption that you "can" get multiple certified items if you ended up getting one you did not like ? So say I got one for backward goals, could I get another one dropped randomly or do I need to trade it in to get another certified item ?

Am I correct in my assumption that you "can" get multiple certified items if you ended up getting one you did not like ? So say I got one for backward goals, could I get another one dropped randomly or do I need to trade it in to get another certified item ?

I got a second certified item while working on upgrading my first so it's definitely possible

I finally got another item drop after about 15 matches of receiving nothing. I felt excited for a sec but sadly it wasn't certified :( With my luck, I bet when I finally do get a certified item it's gonna be a bitch to level up.

Finally got a certified item after 30 hours of farming. It was for turtle goals (where you gotta score while upside down) -- got 100 of them in about 5 hours. Hope this is the last batch of DLC trophies for the game!

You managed to get 100 turtle goals in 5 hours? I wish i was you :(

Edited by Pavani_

You're the kind of person who makes this game insufferable to play... Just play it properly or not at all.

This wouldn't be an issue if the developers didn't give these drops a ridiculously low spawn rate, even more ridiculous and unnecessary time limit for these things to even drop (10 hours/week?  WTF?), and then semi-ridiculous levelling requirements that deliberately encourage this kind of play.

So how can the certified levels be boosted exactly? And would anyone be willing to help me get the long goals? (Can't create gaming sessions)

I cannot confirm this, but it *appears* that if you have friends in your game, it stops counting progress towards the trophy.  If true, this is probably intentional to prevent boosting. 

I've also heard that the long-goal requirements are also bugged themselves, often not counting long goals towards your total even when earned legitimately. 

• Like 1