Certified Item?

DarkAnimaa

Well, i have played this game for about 20h per week since the release of the patch. This week even more with the new cars. Traded items in as often as possible. Still no painted item. I really like to play this game, but this bad luck with this item drop system is driving me crazy.

• Like 1

After I traded my Arial Goals certified item... I play and play... Still no more certified item, even I traded-in uncommon ones I still received the same Rare item 3 TIMES!!! I give up... I regret I traded my impossible certified item. I'll wait until the player-to-player trade system to show up so I can get a certified item from a player... F*** these trophies!

Edited by Max654

I got one after about 6 hours of game play... but it's for juggling... which I have 1/100 after another 4 hours ...

At least you got your certified item and can work on it. Your trophy isn't depending on luck any more, just on skill. Sure some tasks on those items are harder than others, but it's in your hands. Waiting for the first certified item / painted item however is  :huh: .

• Like 1

Yo guys! I just got Certified Item when I logged in to the game in the main menu! Woohoo! And it's actually not that bad, I had to do Centers which is pretty easy.

Edited by Juzota

Yo guys! I just got Certified Item when I logged in to the game in the main menu! Woohoo! And it's actually not that bad, I had to do Centers which is pretty easy.

You just loaded up the game and you got an item? like it was not given to you after a match, just loading the game?

Edited by MrUnknown625

You just loaded up the game and you got an item? like it was not given to you after a match, just loading the game?

Yes. When the screen tells you press any button I pressed x and when in main menu *POP* the item was there. So not after a match.

Edited by Juzota

Yes. When the screen tells you press any button I pressed x and when in main menu *POP* the item was there. So not after a match.

That's weird. Did you by any chance maybe turn off your PS4/close Rocket League right after a match ended? If that's the case, maybe the game still gave you the item you would've received if you didn't quit the game early.

That's weird. Did you by any chance maybe turn off your PS4/close Rocket League right after a match ended? If that's the case, maybe the game still gave you the item you would've received if you didn't quit the game early.

Well now that you say I might've rage quitted the previous Rocket League session :D But I'm not 100% sure. Maybe that's the case.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but my Victor item was glitched in a good way.

Basically it would count all wins toward the item's counter when I was playing the game. When I turned the game off the counter would only remembered my actual wins.

I got the Veteran Status with 50 wins but when I refreshed the game I actually only had 42 wins.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but my Victor item was glitched in a good way.

Basically it would count all wins toward the item's counter when I was playing the game. When I turned the game off the counter would only remembered my actual wins.

I got the Veteran Status with 50 wins but when I refreshed the game I actually only had 42 wins.

my certified for long shots had glitchy counters too. All was fine and I got 44 long shots (well that os what the counter said anyways), I shut the game down for the night and next morning I had just 26, then counted up to 86 and the trophy popped, I then went to check the item and it said 122. I checked to day out of curiosity and it says 75. Oh well I got my trophy so it can say -24.78 for all I care.

Most likely shut is PS4 off right after a game, and was going to receive one then. If you ever shut your PS4 off right after a game that you were going to receive an item for immediately after the match ends, you will receive it the next time you boot your game up. Rocket League is nice like that.

For anyone that is struggling getting a certified item I might have the solution for you.

First of all it's important to note that there's a ten hour drop limit each week. What does that mean? Well it means that you can gain items for the first ten hours. After playing ten hours you won't gain any items whatsoever, until the next week starts. When the week resets is not clear, but I've heard a lot of people saying that they've gained loads of items on Thursday. So my guesses is that the ten hour limit item drop resets every Thursday.

So now, the method of gaining these painted/certified items? There are two methods that work really well.

Method #1: Boosting. This is simple and can get you A LOT of items. How it works? You find a boosting buddy and then search for a 1v1 match. Make sure to set your search settings to region with the least amount of players. So NOT EU/VS etc. More like East Asia or something. This will give you the highest chance of finding eachother. Once you've found each other then one guy leaves the match. This will automaticly end the match. Each match you play and finish will give you a higher chance of gaining an item. The fun part about this is that a match like this takes like a couple of seconds. Remember the ten hour limit? Well you know how many matches of these you can fit in ten hours? A LOT. This means you can gain a massive amount of items in these ten hours. 

Method #2: "Earning". Very simple, but might not be appreciated a lot by other players. For this one you want to rubberband/tape your R2 down. This will let you drive continuously without doing anything. Now search for a 4v4 match and just leave your controller. Let the other remaining players in your team do the work. If by chance, they get angry since you're literaly doing nothing and might leave.. no worries. There's always the AI system that'll come in handy. 

I've actually tried this method aswel on a 1v1 match, but some people just keep playing and don't want to leave. That means that every five seconds your opponent scores a goal and you're forced to watch the replay. This way the match will take a lot longer than five minutes. That's why I prefer to do it in a 4v4 since it's a lot quicker.

Hopefully this'll come in handy to most of you! I've played a lot of matches aswel to earn a Certified item but had no luck. Then I tried this out and it worked like a charm. I've obtained my Certified item by using the second method. I've let my PS4 run overnight and when I waked up and looked I had a Certified item :). Got lucky aswel since the requirement for upgrading it is wins. :D

Got my first certified item today, since release.... Now my controller is rubber banded and spinning around to farm the wins on 4vs4, there is no way i'm playing this again, the game is too repetitive and the RNG bullshit made it worse.

Edited by Pavani_

Can anyone confirm boosting method #1 described above by Floriiss is working ?

I'll soon go for these DLC trophies and definitely want to get them fast...

Yes, it works, but it's easier to use method 2 while you sleep or do something else.

I got a painted item the second time I went online even before I unlocked all the normal items, that's RNG for you. Only found 1 other one since.

Had to play around 12 hours to get my first certified (that's all online), which was juggles which are almost impossible to do normally. I managed to do 22 by playing Snow Day for 6 hours until I unlocked my second item, saves. Played 1v1 for an hour staying in goals and blocking and upgraded to veteran, my counter said 102 saves but only 47 when I reset the game. So if you want the trophy quicker don't shut down the game until the trophy pops as it seems to award over double what you actually potentially halving the grinding.