Getting the gold trophy endings

AJ Maciejewski

I'm hoping people can post clues here to help others with getting the gold trophy endings. I have got all endings except for these, and am left with the green butterfly and white butterfly endings. These are the clues that I have noticed so far:

• After getting the blue butterfly to appear on the control panel, you can go into the office and look out the window of the door to see a butterfly
  • The screen goes fuzzy when I focus on the map in the office
  • The screen goes fuzzy when I approach the door in the bedroom of the house

Things that I've tried:

• Talking into the microphone when I see the lady
  • Talking into the microphone at the AI (before and after turning it off)
  • Restarting the game and choosing different options at the first question
  • Restarting the game and attempting to turn off the AI before I even visit the house
  • Focusing on other butterflies in the cliff area

I tried most of what you did. Haven't tried looking this up online to see other people's solutions. Was trying to figure it out myself, but walking around randomly zooming in on things soon gets very dull. I guess the greenshift can't be too hard as a couple of people got it quite early. The developer of the game has said that the final ending will require people working together online to figure it out, a la PT, so it's likely to be something really obscure.

I sent a blank email to one of the addresses on the documents in the game. Got the below response. Didn't help much lol

Dear Friend:

I hope this letter finds you well. I am afraid I have compromised myself in a way that limits my ability to engage the project wholly. Apologies if that is detrimental to your progress.

If I do reply further, please be sure to challenge my sanity. I need assurances that our communication is indeed a reality. Do not use logic. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Rhone Plovis, Director of Asemblance Labs

"Trust is no longer possible..."

This is what I got for emailing [email protected]:

Dear Friend: 

As we cannot be certain as to whom or what is receiving this missive, we can only hope that even the coldest logic systems in the world can process the emotions affiliated with our sense of loss. In our mind’s eye we typically see a one-way path, a door to which there has only been one thing on the other side, our own sense of grandeur. But perhaps the world to which we believe we have long been prisoner to can be walked away from, not through confrontation, but through another path. Perhaps as the colors fade to one we can turn our back on that which has eclipsed all our perceived achievements, and find what’s been waiting for us all along. A glimpse at an objective world. 

See you on the other side. 

RP

I don't know if it helped me get the Blue ending or not, but I feel like it did...  lol

I still need the White (as far as I know, everyone does...), so I am hoping we can find answers somewhere!!

When I'm in Green and in the apartment at night, when I go over to the right side table by the door, the screen flickers.  Not sure what it means, if anything...

After entering green shift I entered the office and found an email from Plovis to Alex on the PC. I emailed the address and got this:

Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Asemblance Labs!

Please understand that we have many top scientists and engineers seeking opportunities with us. We scrutinize our applicants through the Plovis-proven three–stage review process.

Congratulations! You have passed the first stage!

Now you will be tested to see if your philosophical and ethical approach to the sciences matches those of the fellows at Asemblance Labs.

The next step is to watch the following video:

After you have viewed the above video in its entirety, please respond to its contents in the following three ways:

Summarize what you have seen from start to finish.

Role-play as a member of this team. Where would you focus your studies?

Role-play as someone on the outside of this experiment looking in. Write a response in support, defense or opposition to the methods it depicts.

Thank you for your efforts! If you completed the assignment as described we will contact you to inform you whether or not you make it to the third stage.

Good luck!

Alex Frost, Head of All Human Resources

Asemblance Labs

Possibly useless, but has anyone else noticed after the greenshift at night in the apartment the shelves near the coat rack has the Pamphlet flipped to the back where there is a fill in the blank style obituary? If you open the drawer in the bedroom and read the obituary it reads out exactly like the fill in the blank one.

I noticed the pamphlet, too.  That area shifts a few times.  That pamphlet also appears in the office during Greenshift littered everywhere.  For some reason, I can't read the obituary in the drawer.  It's too difficult for me to see.  I don't know if it matters, either, but I definitely noticed, too.  

Does anyone else keep getting the voice to ask you if you found the error code yet?  I found it, but I have no idea what to do with it.  Just a red herring? 

• 2 months later...