Dragon Ball Xenoverse

I've played it. The story mode is fun but heavily depends on how you divide your stats among your player. If you do what I did and max out physical attack before going to any other of your stats, you'll have a tough time finishing the story. The online is alright but has some connection issues. It's not nearly as bad as Ultimate Tenkaichi, but it still may take you a few tries to get into a decent lobby. I'm a little annoyed that there's no offline versus mode, but you can at least go on quests/fight online. If you're looking for an easy platinum, you're in the wrong place because getting all of the supers and ultimates is luck-based. I haven't finished the grind yet, so I can't give you a proper estimate on how long it should take, but it seems like a decent grind. Overall though, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I feel weird saying this, but I'm not a big fan of this game. I balanced my stats, and I still was having trouble finishing the story. Feeling like I was going to have to grind levels just to beat it, I lost interest.. One day, I'll probably go back, but this just didn't hook me like Battle of Z or the PS2 Budokai/Budokai Tenkaichi series did.  :S

P.S. This section is more for feedback for the site. This topic should have gone in the Xenoverse game section.

I did enjoy doing the main story although as mentioned the online is a bit iffy at times. An advice is to focus stats on Ki and use Perfect kamehada with Super Sayian/Vegeta if you're not gonna to focus on combos. Spamming Perfect Kamehada helps at times, especially against several fighters.

I've played it. The story mode is fun but heavily depends on how you divide your stats among your player. If you do what I did and max out physical attack before going to any other of your stats, you'll have a tough time finishing the story. The online is alright but has some connection issues. It's not nearly as bad as Ultimate Tenkaichi, but it still may take you a few tries to get into a decent lobby. I'm a little annoyed that there's no offline versus mode, but you can at least go on quests/fight online. If you're looking for an easy platinum, you're in the wrong place because getting all of the supers and ultimates is luck-based. I haven't finished the grind yet, so I can't give you a proper estimate on how long it should take, but it seems like a decent grind. Overall though, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

There is an offline versus mode, go to the world tournament and talk with the guy on the left, what the game is lacking is an offline tournament.

• Like 1

It should be a good enough game if you like Dragon Ball, but if you're trying to get every item in the game, it's positively infuriating. This game loves RNG unlike any other, everything is randomized, so when you do actually get the items, instead of feeling accomplished, you just feel relieved, since nothing really depends on you, you're constantly at the game's mercy.