So this game died.

TheAveryChu

Apparently on steam it had a peak of 428 players, and I've noticed that I have been having a long wait in-between matches.

I wonder how long we will even be able find normal matches. 

I tried to catch the Easy Allies stream & they ended up not even being able to stream it.

Have you been able to get into a match yet?

The game is okay, I am still playing it. mostly due to some fan-service. I was able to get into plenty of matches at Midnight, and I am able to get into a match every now and then, but I have had times when I am waiting in a lobby of 5 waiting several minutes for one more player to join just so we can play. 

Edited by TheAveryChu

well being steam i believe most people pirated it instead of buying it, unless is an indie game that cost less than 1 cent.

i believe that its being more popular on ps4 like always happen, but yeah the game looked terrible even before its launch. capcom should really concentrate on its horror titles like RE7, RE2 remake, etc and leave this crappy action stuff behind.

The idea of more action orientated RE games isn't the problem. If anything Umbrella Corps feels more like an RE game than the RE7 demo. The problem is that Capcom didn't dedicate the time and resources to actually making a quality product. 

• Like 2

The idea of more action orientated RE games isn't the problem. If anything Umbrella Corps feels more like an RE game than the RE7 demo. The problem is that Capcom didn't dedicate the time and resources to actually making a quality product. 

if i had to chose i will prefer to play the demo any day instead of this mindless action thing. RE's games before 4 were survival horror, then "thanks" to 4 all the subsequent games of the franchise were more action leaving the "survival horror" stuff behind.

thankfully RE6 didn't met capcom's sales expectations and the REmake remaster -the best resident evil game and a TRUE survival horror game- was met with huge sales and it became the fastest and best selling digital capcom game on the ps store according to some articles that i read.

then they released the RE0 remaster -another good survival horror and true resident evil game- and it also had good sales, and after so much high demand from players they decided to finally develop a RE2 remake -a survival horror game-, same thing they said about RE7: "high demand from players made us return to horror with RE7".

you can go to any umbrella corps trailer on youtube and see the huge dislike bar, and all the comments are the same: "stop with this action crap capcom, we want survival horror!".

so yeah, nowadays no one wants to see more action RE games and even capcom acknowledges that horror is giving them more money right now (REmake and RE0 remaster, RE2 remake...). just see the huge success that PT, outlast, until dawn, etc had this gen.

i'm not saying i'm a huge fan of the first person camera, but i will gladly play RE7 if it is meant to be a scary/horror game like in the demo, and not some horrible michael bay crap like RE5, 6, operation raccon city, now umbrella corps...

Edited by smellslikejavier

if i had to chose i will prefer to play the demo any day instead of this mindless action thing. RE's games before 4 were survival horror, then "thanks" to 4 all the subsequent games of the franchise were more action leaving the "survival horror" stuff behind.

thankfully RE6 didn't met capcom's sales expectations and the REmake remaster -the best resident evil game and a TRUE survival horror game- was met with huge sales and it became the fastest and best selling digital capcom game on the ps store according to some articles that i read.

then they released the RE0 remaster -another good survival horror and true resident evil game- and it also had good sales, and after so much high demand from players they decided to finally develop a RE2 remake -a survival horror game-, same thing they said about RE7: "high demand from players made us return to horror with RE7".

you can go to any umbrella corps trailer on youtube and see the huge dislike bar, and all the comments are the same: "stop with this action crap capcom, we want survival horror!".

so yeah, nowadays no one wants to see more action RE games and even capcom acknowledges that horror is giving them more money right now (REmake and RE0 remaster, RE2 remake...). just see the huge success that PT, outlast, until dawn, etc had this gen.

i'm not saying i'm a huge fan of the first person camera, but i will gladly play RE7 if it is meant to be a scary/horror game like in the demo, and not some horrible michael bay crap like RE5, 6, operation raccon city, now umbrella corps...

One of the major problems that I and many others who dislike what they see with RE7 so far, is that much of the personality and charisma the series had developed over the years is completely absent from the RE7 demo, which ultimately just looks like another FPS horror game instead of a Quriky game with Cheesy Dialogue and Plot points, and a variety of viral based monsters. 

• Like 2

I never understood the "feels" like resident evil argument RE switches styles all the time. If anything you could argue two started the action part of RE.

The games do change although there are unifying elements, such as some of the stuff I pointed out in my earlier post. 

Anyways I will link a video that would probably do a better job explaining than I would. 

I never understood the "feels" like resident evil argument RE switches styles all the time. If anything you could argue two started the action part of RE.

I think what is meant is in a setting context, not a gameplay context. Despite gameplay shifts, the series has always been following the idea that there are people out there who would use viruses to threaten and control the world, and then they blow that out several fold in typical japanese video game style with an added dash of western cheesiness.

To be honest, I never really played the series for its survival horror effect. The games usually become a giant puzzle game when you're not even that far in. What I do play them for is the bio-weapon space opera the series is, and I don't think the series has suffered overall for becoming more action based overtime (RE4 for example, introduced melee attacks, because lets face it, you threw that knife into the inventory box as soon as you could like someone else's unwanted condom).

I haven't played the demo yet, I don't really like wasting time downloading them only to delete them an hour later. I will give it props for looking like a house in the village of RE4, it felt like that. But there wasn't really anything from the gameplay that made me say Resident Evil, and like most people, its pretty much outlast or amnesia.

Anyway, Umbrella Corps doesn't look like that Resident Evil Mercenaries 2 game I wanted. But I know I'd still play it. I like having shooters on hand for quick bursts of fun.

• Like 1

I've never really understood where this game came from, was there a community clamour for this type of game I missed?   I haven't played it, because I don't own it...and have no intention of ever doing so.  Capcom, making extraordinarily stupid decisions since, er, dinosaurs roamed the earth...talking of, Dino Crisis reboot!  :P   Don't start me on Monster Hunter...

To RE4/5, I get it, but I think some are a little harsh on those games, personally I enjoyed them both, and be fair, 4 was suitably creepy at times with some nice set-pieces, being holed up in the house, blocking windows and fighting off the villagers was memorable, nicely done.   5, they tried something different, I kinda got it, it was an interesting take and enjoyable for what it was.  Yeah both games were action heavy, and lost something for it perhaps, but nowhere near the trainwreck that 6 was, never mind the Hollywood blockbuster it tried to be, the idea that I could sit, aim, and somehow move forward was ludicrous, and the revolving, utterly distracting, reticule in my cross-hairs 'mini-game' was a complete wtf is this nonsense moment for me, add that to the rest of it's criticisms and 4 & 5 don't seem so bad after all!!!  Lol

Revelations 1 has been the best entry for a long time, enjoyed the 7 demo, but it certainly didn't feel like a Resi game, it may be good, who knows, but 3rd-p suits Resi better imo.

the idea that I could sit, aim, and somehow move forward was ludicrous

I played Mercenaries 3D when it came out, and it had this mechanic in there before 6. You could lock the aim with a shoulder button and then what was the control for aiming now became the control for strafing (because 3DS controls lol). It seemed weird but liberating at the time.

enjoyed the 7 demo, but it certainly didn't feel like a Resi game, it may be good, who knows, but 3rd-p suits Resi better imo.

See, I think we will have both. I think first person will be for the PS VR, and without it, you can see 3rd person on the screen. I mean, in VR you are projecting the game essentially twice, and if Capcom actually managed to place both views on the same scenario at the same time and make them equally tense, they could really have a winner in the wings.

I mean, let's say the game did that and if at certain points on the tv, you get these fixed camera moments and can see the danger incoming, but the poor sap playing the in VR hasn't got a bloody clue and all they can hear between the game audio is a bunch of people saying really quietly "no no no no no no....". I'm calling it, if they did that, RE7 would be the best party game ever.

I played Mercenaries 3D when it came out, and it had this mechanic in there before 6. You could lock the aim with a shoulder button and then what was the control for aiming now became the control for strafing (because 3DS controls lol). It seemed weird but liberating at the time.

See, I think we will have both. I think first person will be for the PS VR, and without it, you can see 3rd person on the screen. I mean, in VR you are projecting the game essentially twice, and if Capcom actually managed to place both views on the same scenario at the same time and make them equally tense, they could really have a winner in the wings.

I mean, let's say the game did that and if at certain points on the tv, you get these fixed camera moments and can see the danger incoming, but the poor sap playing the in VR hasn't got a bloody clue and all they can hear between the game audio is a bunch of people saying really quietly "no no no no no no....". I'm calling it, if they did that, RE7 would be the best party game ever.

I didn't know that about Mercenaries...still ludicrous though!  :)

I've no idea how Cap will handle 7, it's anyone's guess at this point, 3rd-p regular and 1st-p VR would be nice but that might be like too much work for Capcom, I can see the game being 1st-p only and claiming to the critics it was a VR choice, might be wrong, hope I am...

I'm sure VR will produce some interesting party games, and destroy a few friendships along the way!  lmao