So this game died.

TheAveryChu

• 1 month later...

So basically what I got from this is wait till it goes on sale and then wait a bit for the servers to die again, then boost the platinum and have fun with just friends on this game... got it!

Haha this is exactly spot on, this is what i'm waiting for also, you took the words right outta my mouth.

This game died before it was released. Minimal advertising, and what people did see the ads did not want this game. Concepts were terrible, like the Zombie Jammer, the pick axe thing that was stronger than all weapons in the game, moving while crouching was faster than running. Multiplayer devolved into people using the Brainer (i think thats what it was called) and running around trying to impale people with it because that was so much easier than cover-based shooting. The single player had like 24 missions, that had the same objective each time: Obtain the Sample. 

If you want this game, please watch AngryJoe's review of it. Commenters on the review said they've never seen AngryJoe that angry, and his channel name is AngryJoe. You know this game sucks when it takes an angry guy into a whole new higher level of anger.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about this one since it's on sale and I kind of wanted to eventually have all of the Resi games @ 100%. Chances are it'd be a straight boost, though. Seeing as nobody seems to like it.

As one of the few who boosted it, expect it to take 200+ or tedious grinding if you go for it. Although I got it, I really don't recommend doing so, I cannot underestimate how miserable it was.

As one of the few who boosted it, expect it to take 200+ or tedious grinding if you go for it. Although I got it, I really don't recommend doing so, I cannot underestimate how miserable it was.

So on the scale of Red Faction Guerrilla or Far Cry 2 multiplayer trophies, how miserable is it? If I can endure those, then Umbrella Corps doesn't look too bad.

(Because I did those and felt pretty f'n miserable afterwards)

So on the scale of Red Faction Guerrilla or Far Cry 2 multiplayer trophies, how miserable is it? If I can endure those, then Umbrella Corps doesn't look too bad.

(Because I did those and felt pretty f'n miserable afterwards)

I haven't boosted either of those so I really don't know, although for me, Paige, and for a couple other PSN friends; just mentioning the game now sends shivers down our spines. My guess is that it isn't the worst game to boost, but it is really really damn bad.

Edited by TheAveryChu

I haven't boosted either of those so I really don't know, although for me, Paige, and for a couple other PSN friends; just mentioning the game now sends shivers down our spines. My guess is that it isn't the worst game to boost, but it is really really damn bad.

Yikes.

To give you an example of the two I'm talking about:

Far Cry 2 - Soldier of Misfortune trophy - unlock all field manuals for 27 weapons. There are 3 different manuals for each weapons and each manual require different conditions.Not to mention a game with 16 people for a trophy.

Red Faction Guerrilla - Play & win 250 matchmaking games, 5000 kills, and 100,000 in XP.

So Umbrella Corps sounds bad.

This Game was actually fun on release where more people played, It was not always good but it has actually great potential. But the Developers don't tried that much since people just hating for no reason.

Most of them are actually easy playable without any boosting, except some of luck or team-based things. But yeah since no one play this game, this game turn into a "boost-only" gaming...

• 4 weeks later...

Don't mind me reviving this thread.

I just wanted to ask, are the trophies doable through boost? Is there even enough players to boost?

They are doable through boost. There may be players, I don't know. I don't seem to find any :( not to mention boosting sessions.

The rare players I've boostes with went so fast through their boost they plated the game in 2 weeks or less and deserted the groups as fast as possible. Meaning I'm very low on XP, and can't  boost, because everyone's gone.

• 1 year later...