Insanity run

Stargazer2600

About to start my final play though on Insanity. Just wondering how hard this is really gonna be. Some say it's easy, some say it's a pain (cause of the Krogan). I know sometimes older games can be easy still even on more higher difficulties but sometimes they are downright ridiculous and toned down in later titles. That's why I'm asking how hard has Insanity mode been for those that completed it and if they have any tips to make it fast and easy.

Edited by Stargazer2600

Well, it's been 3 years since I played it but I didn't find anything particularly hard in ME1 on Insanity. I used Vanguard/Wrex/Garrus, so pretty much brute force. :P

I went for their "Ally" trophies too, which means I had to do almost all missions. Just save often.

Also I see you got ME2 on Insanity so this should cause no trouble. There were 2-3 spots in ME2 for me that were a pain-in-the... but nothing like that in ME1.

Well, it's been 3 years since I played it but I didn't find anything particularly hard in ME1 on Insanity. I used Vanguard/Wrex/Garrus, so pretty much brute force. :P

I went for their "Ally" trophies too, which means I had to do almost all missions. Just save often.

Also I see you got ME2 on Insanity so this should cause no trouble. There were 2-3 spots in ME2 for me that were a pain-in-the... but nothing like that in ME1.

ME2 was fun on Insanity. I quite like the difficulty on that actually. :)

It's a lot of fun doing ME2 platinum in one playthrough on insanity from the start. It gives it a great level of challenge

I'm not going to rush the insanity mode. When I say rush I mean of course I do the play through as quick as possible but since I've already beat the game nine different times I'm a little burned out on it. So I'm going to take my time and doing it

To make your Insanity run easier, I would recommend the Solider class considering it is the most overpowered class in the entire game, and because you can use every weapon in the game without any penalties, unlike the other classes. Do not get me wrong, you can use other classes if you choose to do so while you do your Insanity run, but I would advise against it since you may struggle in some areas during the course of your run.  

To make your Insanity run easier, I would recommend the Solider class considering it is the most overpowered class in the entire game, and because you can use every weapon in the game without any penalties, unlike the other classes. Do not get me wrong, you can use other classes if you choose to do so while you do your Insanity run, but I would advise against it since you may struggle in some areas during the course of your run.

I have the soldier class. I have mthe strongest weapons and armor. I'm using Sledgehammer X rounds along with frictionless materials and some sort of rail. I can beat the game relatively easily and I know the fastest way to do it the problem is is that I've already done it 9 times and this will be my tenth and final time and I'm just burned out on doing it LOL Edited by Stargazer2600

I've only ever played the entire ME series on Hardcore or Insanity. I think ME2 was the most difficult  followed by ME1. My advice: Stick your teammates in a corner out of the combat zone. As long as YOU (Shepard) have line of sight, you can still use their powers to hit enemies. Considering that you're playing on Insanity, I'll assume that you're at least level 50. The cool down for your powers should be such that they regenerate quickly. Pick squad mates that compliment your Shepard. If you're a soldier (100% strength), use Liara (100% biotics) and Tali (100% tech) the entire game. If you're an infiltrator like I was (50% strength/50% tech), use Garrus (50% strength/50% tech) and Liara (100% biotics). That way all your powers level out with your teammates'. If you already got the six Ally trophies, just focus on the main story and skip side missions. I say this, not because side missions are hard, but because they're boring and repetitive. Good luck. I don't think you'll need it, though.  :)

• Like 1

If you are a soldier, you'll never die, that is all. What makes Insanity a pain are the Krogans, but that is fixable with an Adept on your team. Just lift them up when they turn invulnerable and shoot at them in the air. Sometimes they even go beyond the level's wall and die instantly.

Also, the Thorian level can be a pain, those zombie-like enemies pack a punch, and they can pretty much 1-hit KO most characters.

• Like 1

If you are a soldier, you'll never die, that is all. What makes Insanity a pain are the Krogans, but that is fixable with an Adept on your team. Just lift them up when they turn invulnerable and shoot at them in the air. Sometimes they even go beyond the level's wall and die instantly.

Also, the Thorian level can be a pain, those zombie-like enemies pack a punch, and they can pretty much 1-hit KO most characters.

yeah the programs and Tahitian are what I'm least looking forward to. I also don't like the asari commandos because once or twice they will not be down with a bad at Power and then instantly just shoot me until I'm dead. But the good thing about that is I only have to deal with them once I Noveria and that's it
  • Like 1