Big resident evil spoilers possibly for 7. You were warned.

The "awaited title" is obviously Resident Evil 2 Remake, which obviously hasn't a proper title yet, they simply said they're making it.

Personally i enjoyed the Darkside Chronicles retelling of RE2, even if it was a rail shooter...

Edited by Lance_87

So pretty much what Paige is explaining here is that Resident Evil VII should have either been the reboot of the series (why a series like Resi needs one is beyond me though.. but then again Capcom thought DMC needed a reboot when it really did not) or a new IP of it's own.  I don't know what's the point of making a game in a series but not having any returning characters, does this also mean Umbrella Corporation has nothing to do with this new virus (if there is one and this just isn't some paranormal Fatal Frame shit) in VII?  Since no returning characters etc probably means no Umbrella either.

As for Resi 2 Remake, I recently read that Hideki had to actually pester Capcom into making that.  I was under the impression Hideki was out of Capcom and didn't give a shit about them anymore after them going against his request and milking Resident Evil 4.

Edited by DEMON

There are various reasons why Capcom did not made a reboot on this franchise. DMC is one of those examples, but they are probably experimenting if people will enjoy this new approach and if it does fails, they can just resume the next game with 1 or 2 returning characters since they never did a reboot. We also have to keep mind there will be a canon RE CGI movie next year know as Resident Evil Vendetta. Leon, Chris and Rebecca will be appear in such movie which takes place after Resident Evil 6. The RE mangas and even the live stage drama which is exclusively to Japan are canon. Wondering what the character Rebecca has been doing all of those years? Well that's explained on a live stage performance exclusively on Japan. The things Capcom has done with this franchise are beyond ridiculous at this point.

Here's what i'm referring about, for those who are curious.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/BIOHAZARD_THE_STAGE

There are various reasons why Capcom did not made a reboot on this franchise. DMC is one of those examples, but they are probably experimenting if people will enjoy this new approach and if it does fails, they can just resume the next game with 1 or 2 returning characters since they never did a reboot. We also have to keep mind there will be a canon RE CGI movie next year know as Resident Evil Vendetta. Leon, Chris and Rebecca will be appear in such movie which takes place after Resident Evil 6. The RE mangas and even the live stage drama which is exclusively to Japan are canon. Wondering what the character Rebecca has been doing all of those years? Well that's explained on a live stage performance exclusively on Japan. The things Capcom has done with this franchise are beyond ridiculous at this point.

Here's what i'm referring about, for those who are curious.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/BIOHAZARD_THE_STAGE

Those CGI films are pretty decent, a lot better than the crappy live action ones; worth the watch.  Although including a Play as canon that only Japanese will have access to?  Bit puzzling.

Manga not so much, I only hope if they start it, they follow through with it and not cancel it like they did with the last volume of Devil May Cry's manga (which was also canon).

I'll just leave this link here. ~> https://www.dcdouglas.com/blog/residentevil/umbrella-corps-resident-evil-7-wesker/

Basically, here's what DC Douglas (the current voice of Wesker) has to say about all of this:

After I finished my Wesker session I asked point blank if Albert Wesker was back. They smiled and said “We have no idea. And we wouldn’t. We’re only working on this game.”

They also said that this was a side game, so that ended any more fantasies on my part. The following session I performed the “Player” voice, too. So, that means I may actually have an exchange or two with myself… Which mirrors some of my lonely nights.

As mentioned earlier, I was told this was a spin-off game when we were recording. Not part of the canon. But I read in GameSpot that producer Masachika Kawata said:

"The game is not a hypothetical, “what-if” side scenario. Umbrella Corps is set in the present day of Resident Evil, which means it’s after the events of Resident Evil 6."

So… WTF?!?!?

So Capcom was either trolling about this game being canon or they themselves have no clue what Umbrella Corps is supposed to be.  :D

• 6 months later...

Resident Evil is beginning to be a Metal Gear Solid level of convoluted. Go back to the first 3 games, which had pretty simple and fun storylines. RE0 and RE4 is where the story began to jump the shark (That's not to say 4 was a bad game. It's one of my favorites.) Zombie making bioweapons and giant animals made sense for that universe, but once it got into parasites and body jumping things got weird.

If Wesker is dead, may he stay dead. Any fan theories to Mr Spencer though?