Rescan trophy list

15 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Ummm, okay no more tag removals just yet xD That's a bit too involved right now, it's not just removing the tag - it's making sure the game has been out for a while, it's definitely not coming on the platform, etc... That's too involved right this second lol

If you removed a tag, couldn't you just add it back again if it were to come to that platform?

15 minutes ago, bcks007 said:

The ones in English yes, 5000+ games, nobody knows them all.

Well it would rely on the community to call out some inaccuracies but for the most part it can be found out with a little bit of research, even Japanese games by checking the PS Store etc. I suppose it may indeed be impossible to guarantee 100% accuracy but more accurate is better than not accurate. Taking Ratchet: Nexus as an example: the Vita tag confused a lot of people who thought they could get the game on Vita when in fact they can't. I understand where you're coming from but even if it helps cut out some of the confusion it's surely worth it? 

There will always be differing opinions though, that's life I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, dell9300 said:

Well it would rely on the community to call out some inaccuracies but for the most part it can be found out with a little bit of research, even Japanese games by checking the PS Store etc. I suppose it may indeed be impossible to guarantee 100% accuracy but more accurate is better than not accurate. Taking Ratchet: Nexus as an example: the Vita tag confused a lot of people who thought they could get the game on Vita when in fact they can't. I understand where you're coming from but even if it helps cut out some of the confusion it's surely worth it? 

There will always be differing opinions though, that's life I'm afraid. 

So you volunteer to learn to read Japanese? :-p

Just cause you see it on a store, doesn't mean its tied or not tied a new or old trophy list. You must buy it to find out. I had to buy ATTRACTIO on the vita to confirm its wasn't tied to the ps4 list and had its own separate list. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5272-attractio

This also brings up delisted games, and it being impossible to confirm them after a period of time, unless you can find someone who owns the game. Some games only get 1 person, or 0 owners. 

8 minutes ago, bcks007 said:

Just cause you see it on a store, doesn't mean its tied or not tied a new or old trophy list. You must buy it to find out. I had to buy ATTRACTIO on the vita to confirm its wasn't tied to the ps4 list and had its own separate list. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5272-attractio

This also brings up delisted games, and it being impossible to confirm them after a period of time, unless you can find someone who owns the game. Some games only get 1 person, or 0 owners. 

Google Translate has helped me over the years, it's not perfect obviously but it does the job. I do know someone who's learning Japanese though actually. :P

Well that's where the community involvement comes in. Other times searching forums or news articles would help, but as I said, I concede. It may not be possible to be 100% accurate. However a game with only a few players has less impact on misleading people anyway, no? :P 

12 hours ago, bcks007 said:

I would rather this sites info match up with sonys 100%.

But Sony stats are inaccurate. Now that we have platform leaderboards, we will be losing points on individual ones and gaining unearned points towards multiplatform.

That is not a good solution.

2 hours ago, bcks007 said:

Why should he do that when we have a perfectly fine Japanese gamers community here :awesome:

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

But Sony stats are inaccurate. Now that we have platform leaderboards, we will be losing points on individual ones and gaining unearned points towards multiplatform.

That is not a good solution.

Why should he do that when we have a perfectly fine Japanese gamers community here :awesome:

Not really into platform leaderboards. I would rather this site match up with the data that sony provides us.

2 hours ago, bcks007 said:

We have @Satoshi Ookami and @Japanime_Gamer. They can get it done in 5 seconds if they are avaiable. Don't make this more complicated than it is.

@BlindMango the everlasting version of Mercenary Kings is still waiting its vita version which wasn't yet released. Think it's okay to remove its tag meanwhile and readd it when it launches so it doesn't confuse people meanwhile.

Edited by TheYuriG

So... 'tis currently THE place to point out that the game カリギュラ/Caligula for VITA has a VITA tag (good), but also one for the PS3 and for the PS4? Both of the later are tags that to my knowledge the game should not have because the game is not available on these systems, only on VITA. (And, you know, vitaTV. So says wiki.)

I skimmed wikipedia and the FuRyu's site about the game (the mobile version of that site is an inescapable crime that would come back to haunt me even after requesting the desktop site ( *`ω´) how terrible) in case I'd missed an announcement of this game making the jump onto another system - but doesn't look like it: it's chewing-gum stuck to VITA. 

This is the entry in question: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5027-caligula-カリギュラ 

16 hours ago, bcks007 said:

That'sa slippery slope your walking on. You sure you want to remove some, but not all? cause people will start finding all kinds of wrong tags, even for games you never heard of, wait till the japense games start getting mentioned. 

I would rather this sites info match up with sonys 100%.

That's the sort of thing I'm thinking, I'll need to write out guidelines for why tags should be removed, it shouldn't really be a thing we just go off doing to dozens and dozens of games - only if absolutely needed. Like one person said where it starts to cause so much confusion that people are asking about it (like Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus).

4 hours ago, Urushiro said:

@BlindMango Would you like me to edit the OP with some guidelines and instructions?

Thanks but no need, I already have one that's pretty much ready to post, I'm gonna publish it in a few days and it will pretty much merge this and the header images thread

Well not literally merge them, but you know what I mean :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Azelais said:

So... 'tis currently THE place to point out that the game カリギュラ/Caligula for VITA has a VITA tag (good), but also one for the PS3 and for the PS4? Both of the later are tags that to my knowledge the game should not have because the game is not available on these systems, only on VITA. (And, you know, vitaTV. So says wiki.)

I skimmed wikipedia and the FuRyu's site about the game (the mobile version of that site is an inescapable crime that would come back to haunt me even after requesting the desktop site ( *`ω´) how terrible) in case I'd missed an announcement of this game making the jump onto another system - but doesn't look like it: it's chewing-gum stuck to VITA. 

This is the entry in question: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5027-caligula-カリギュラ 

I would wait with Caligula. Since Atlus is bringing it (WITH JAPANESE VOICES!) they may actually request port to raise sales in the west.

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I would wait with Caligula. Since Atlus is bringing it (WITH JAPANESE VOICES!) they may actually request port to raise sales in the west.

Re: Western port... YES! Wanting (=゚ω゚)ノ Yes, oh please~

Ehhh, I mean, yes! Waiting it out until later next year to get to keep a watchful eye on nifty news on part of Atlus, as well as concerning the Japanese original makes the most sense.

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

That's the sort of thing I'm thinking, I'll need to write out guidelines for why tags should be removed, it shouldn't really be a thing we just go off doing to dozens and dozens of games - only if absolutely needed. Like one person said where it starts to cause so much confusion that people are asking about it (like Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus).

Thanks but no need, I already have one that's pretty much ready to post, I'm gonna publish it in a few days and it will pretty much merge this and the header images thread

Well not literally merge them, but you know what I mean :P

ESCAPE DEAD ISLAND is ps3 only.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3155-escape-dead-island

HUE is also vita and ps4. (vita tag needs added)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5222-hue

• Like 2