They haven't turned it off yet! Server shutdown supposed to be on August 31, 2016!

That's unfortunate to hear, especially since I was planning on starting this soon. Glad I didn't because now I won't. I know you didn't mention this anywhere, but any word on the other LittleBigPlanet games? Is Karting the only one getting terminated or are the other PS3 games in the series getting terminated too? 

Do you know if the 24 hours in create mode has to be done online?

Just got the plat. Since I got it they want to close it :D

Nah, nearly nobody plays online.There are so many unplayed levels.

The best levels are the 3D ones without the cart e.g. "Panda Adventures"

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

Good to know. I'm surprised the LBP 1 and 2 servers are staying open.

I've always felt like I've done a big mistake getting into this series, and you've just reinforced it. 

I never, never was a big fan of the LBP's "play and share with friends online, yay" focus, and came to the series very late as a result.

It will be sad seeing all these creative levels go when the time comes though.

• Like 1

I've always felt like I've done a big mistake getting into this series, and you've just reinforced it. 

I never, never was a big fan of the LBP's "play and share with friends online, yay" focus, and came to the series very late as a result.

It will be sad seeing all these creative levels go when the time comes though.

I was on the fence about LBP too. Tried LBP2 when it was free for PS+, but didn't like it one bit. The online community being a bunch of jackasses that only want to show off their 1,001 costumes or slap the hell out of others and kick you if when doing anything also contributed to that :angry: . Oh and lets not forget that diving in and playing levels with others doesn't always count towards the trophy, that is if the diving in actually works after dozens of retries :spank: . Then there's that ridiculous 24 hours of creating levels which I never got into :shakefist: . What were we talking about again :hmm: ? Oh right, yeah it's a shame seeing those levels go, some of them were really amazing.

• Like 1

I was on the fence about LBP too. Tried LBP2 when it was free for PS+, but didn't like it one bit. The online community being a bunch of jackasses that only want to show off their 1,001 costumes or slap the hell out of others and kick you if when doing anything also contributed to that :angry: . Oh and lets not forget that diving in and playing levels with others doesn't always count towards the trophy, that is if the diving in actually works after dozens of retries :spank: . Then there's that ridiculous 24 hours of creating levels which I never got into :shakefist: . What were we talking about again :hmm: ? Oh right, yeah it's a shame seeing those levels go, some of them were really amazing.

LBP and LBP Vita are lying in my profile like a dead C\B weight. I know that I won't ever get the plat, but I still need to bump them up to an A...

Don't know if I should even bother with starting LBP2. Doesn't feel right to just leave it in my library unplayed, and I do want to play the best community levels, but I just don't know. Soon this little dilemma will rival the "all these karige games that I love to play but won't be able to get the plats because of the one-two coop trophies" problem of mine.

• Like 1

That's unfortunate to hear, especially since I was planning on starting this soon. Glad I didn't because now I won't. I know you didn't mention this anywhere, but any word on the other LittleBigPlanet games? Is Karting the only one getting terminated or are the other PS3 games in the series getting terminated too? 

I have the game as well -- I guess I need to get a move on with this, LBP1, LBP2 and LBP Vita. Their days may be numbered.

Good to know. I'm surprised the LBP 1 and 2 servers are staying open.

The reason it's closing and the other LBP games are staying open isn't because of its age, but because it's dead. There's little support for it and the community levels are kept on a separate server to the ones on LBP 1 & 2 which means they're keeping the servers open at the cost of money that they're not getting back. Don't expect the others to follow suit as they're still populated and they're not about to get rid of all the levels created by users that are compatible on both games.

Shame all the levels are going, there were some great ones but the online was a mess from launch and never had the support from the devs, Sony or the community. Glad I got this done ages ago when they gave it out on PS+, anyone wanting to get the platinum still can but be aware that "The Adventures Continue" trophy can take 200 levels before it pops or be outright glitched altogether.

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 2

Oh man, the servers were broken when this game was new...I can only imagine how shit they are now.

Good luck to anyone going for this plat, the online is a nightmare

It is a shame. I had so much fun playing LBP2 with friends while going for the plat. I met some really crazy people online (I have written about them before) but still had a blast playing it :)

• Like 1

The reason it's closing and the other LBP games are staying open isn't because of its age, but because it's dead. There's little support for it and the community levels are kept on a separate server to the ones on LBP 1 & 2 which means they're keeping the servers open at the cost of money that they're not getting back. Don't expect the others to follow suit as they're still populated and they're not about to get rid of all the levels created by users that are compatible on both games.

Shame all the levels are going, there were some great ones but the online was a mess from launch and never had the support from the devs, Sony or the community. Glad I got this done ages ago when they gave it out on PS+, anyone wanting to get the platinum still can but be aware that "The Adventures Continue" trophy can take 200 levels before it pops or be outright glitched altogether.

Oh ok, that explains a lot.

It is a shame. I had so much fun playing LBP2 with friends while going for the plat. I met some really crazy people online (I have written about them before) but still had a blast playing it :)

Yeah it really is a shame, because so many people praised the LBP games. That made the disappointment a lot worse. If the LBP2 servers would close, I'd probably try getting the plat again because the chances of encountering a trophy hunter instead of a jackass would be higher.

Fine, I'll get it done. I don't want any unobtainable platinum trophy in my profile.... yet.

It's not so bad to have an unobtainable plat on the profile, I got rid of my 100% completion rate obsession, which in turn saved me lots of money that would be spent on DLCs.

• Like 1