They haven't turned it off yet! Server shutdown supposed to be on August 31, 2016!

Yes it is possible while the servers are still up. If you boosted the Online Champ trophy and played 100 different 1-sec community levels, it would probably take at least 1-2 hours. However, server issues have been common in the past, and if they happen will greatly increase the time it will take for Online Champ... though for the last few months, the servers actually haven't been nearly as bad.

There is another online trophy that will take much longer though - Crowd Pleaser (10 different players complete your published level). It will most likely take at very least some days to get enough plays unless you can quickly boost it with many alternate accounts, either yours or friends'. I remember both times I platted LBPK this was my last trophy and boosting here didn't up the number of plays very fast, especially the second time.

Edited by Midnightwards666

but base game multi-player maps can still be played because those servers are Sony hosted/enabled?

Except Sony is the one saying they're shutting down the servers unless what you mean is that the base multiplayer is peer-to-peer. Terminology is important, it avoids confusion.

So, since the servers are still technically up and running, are there any misable trophies as of now? I could still be able to get this platinum, I just want to know what can't be done.

It can be done in a day, just check my trophies. http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1668-LittleBigPlanet-Karting/mcnichoj

Yes it is possible while the servers are still up. If you boosted the Online Champ trophy and played 100 different 1-sec community levels, it would probably take at least 1-2 hours. However, server issues have been common in the past, and if they happen will greatly increase the time it will take for Online Champ... though for the last few months, the servers actually haven't been nearly as bad.

There is another online trophy that will take much longer though - Crowd Pleaser (10 different players complete your published level). It will most likely take at very least some days to get enough plays unless you can quickly boost it with many alternate accounts, either yours or friends'. I remember both times I platted LBPK this was my last trophy and boosting here didn't up the number of plays very fast, especially the second time.

I actually advise against doing the one second levels, it's a better idea to go to the popular creators and load up their levels "by myself" and let the CPU do the race. My stats on the site read I only had to do 107 races before I got my trophy. Sure it takes longer but I didn't have to do that many more stages.

Crowd Pleaser is also not that hard, simply save a 1 second stage and publish it. That should get you most of the plays automatically assuming people are still going for the online trophies and anyone he boost with for other trophies he can ask to quickly play it. I personally had eight plays after a few hours before I asked publicly on here/PS3T for help.

My guess with the servers is they just forgot to turn them off and at some point soon they'll go down. Microsoft did a similar thing with a Doritos game, the servers went down a week after they were supposed to.

Yeah it seems posible now while trying it. :)

100 community levels wasn't too bad with 1 sec levels qued up. Now only need to get the 10 plays for own level and 25 wins and online done for good. xD

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/littlebigplanet-karting-ps3/

Above link says shutdown as of 31-08, you are all on extra time now if they're still working.

Funny thing is it this went on sale in EU this week. What a fucking joke. Apparently Sony is an industry juggernaut at the moment yet can't even afford to keep its own servers up. Don't know if I can be bothered finishing this one off. Just add another uncompletable game to my profile then. 

That same page on the UK / EU site does not have any date of termination, maybe were not losing it? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At this point pretty much any PS3 game with online components that would interfere with getting a platinum have the threat of server closure looming overhead. :unsure:

Its funny though, I still see gaming sessions for LPBK popping up so I assume that the servers are still up, now 2 months after when they said they would be shut down. I have to wonder if the august surge in online activity was a motivating factor in keeping it up but that would have mostly petered out by now. I'm certainly not going to complain that Sony didn't shut down a server when they said they were going to although it does make me feel a little dishonest for posting this thread. :facepalm: I bought something on PSN yesterday and a graphic ad popped up saying if I join PS+ now I could get 3 free games and LBPK was one of those games. Uh thanks Sony :lol:

Edited by mking_63
  • Like 1

I'm certainly not going to complain that Sony didn't shut down a server when they said they were going to although it does make me feel a little dishonest for posting this thread. :facepalm:

Don't feel bad. Thanks to you, many people got the online trophies out of the way and the community pulled together to help each other get them. Like others have said, we're really just on borrowed time now. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

How hard will it be to get the platinum on this nowadays? (Ya, I'm thinking in starting this in an attempt to 100% all LBP games..).

If relevant, I'm at 0% in this game and have the season pass (I had forgot to get it when we got the game on ps+, but was able to find it on the web/mobile version of the store a few minutes ago...).

As far as I know the servers are still up, never heard anything about them actually shutting down even though they said they were going to do that months ago. I still see sporadic boosting sessions for it so give it a shot I guess. When they were a lot of people boosting, when shutdown was first reported, I got the plat from start to finish before 5 days. Now you'll need to find at least 1 dedicated person to boost the online wins with you as well as 10 unique people to download your track. No idea how long that will take. Sorry I can't be of more help, I sold the game awhile ago. :(

• Like 2

Do you mean the online or offline trophies? In terms of actual difficulty, the hardest trophy is probably the one for starring all levels - there's one side mission which is quite difficult to complete. As for the online, the bad servers increased the "difficulty" of trophies like Online Champ... though the servers seem to have gone through ups and downs. Last time I played (about a month ago), I was able to join other players quite easily. I'm not sure if boosting is the same, though it was long time ago for some friends that I helped... so if they're still good, the platinum for this game won't be any more difficult than it was long ago. Difficulty is moderate, I would say. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

As far as I know the servers are still up, never heard anything about them actually shutting down even though they said they were going to do that months ago. I still see sporadic boosting sessions for it so give it a shot I guess. When they were a lot of people boosting, when shutdown was first reported, I got the plat from start to finish before 5 days. Now you'll need to find at least 1 dedicated person to boost the online wins with you as well as 10 unique people to download your track. No idea how long that will take. Sorry I can't be of more help, I sold the game awhile ago. :(

Thanks, yes the 10 unique plays and the 25 dives are what concern me the most..

5 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Do you mean the online or offline trophies? In terms of actual difficulty, the hardest trophy is probably the one for starring all levels - there's one side mission which is quite difficult to complete. As for the online, the bad servers increased the "difficulty" of trophies like Online Champ... though the servers seem to have gone through ups and downs. Last time I played (about a month ago), I was able to join other players quite easily. I'm not sure if boosting is the same, though it was long time ago for some friends that I helped... so if they're still good, the platinum for this game won't be any more difficult than it was long ago. Difficulty is moderate, I would say. 

I was just asking in terms of online comunity because the 10 unique plays could be a bit of a pain to boost if no one played it and the dive ins kind of scare me (it was a pain on LBP2..).

Thanks for the quick info!

Now todownload the game. Will probably only start it next weekend or something..

• Like 1

@Han_the_Dragon, you have nothing to be scared of. I remember the pain of that awful trophy in LBP2, but in LBPK it's much nicer. It's still a bit of a grind, but much quicker and less randomly problematic. You can just type "1 second" into the search bar, and it will dive you into a random community level. I think they do have to be 25 different levels though, so if you run out of levels try varying the search a bit. 

The servers were never shut down, but the digital version has always been known to have problems... though not in every case. It seems particularly problematic in the US, and less so in the EU. I have had two friends completely unable to join with their digital version purchased from US Store, but more EU friends have had no problems at all. The disc version has always been better. 

Edited by Midnightwards666

35 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

@Han_the_Dragon, you have nothing to be scared of. I remember the pain of that awful trophy in LBP2, but in LBPK it's much nicer. It's still a bit of a grind, but much quicker and less randomly problematic. You can just type "1 second" into the search bar, and it will dive you into a random community level. I think they do have to be 25 different levels though, so if you run out of levels try varying the search a bit. 

Thanks, I'm never afraid of aome grind, I just hate when things don't work properly.. but if this one works better, then it's great news for me!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd post an interesting bit about the matter of the servers being down or not.

Last night bondimonkey and I tried to get online together- he got on just fine while I got disconnected within 1-2 seconds of getting online (sadly happens to me all the time, despite having physical disc and online pass). He even tried to invite me and I got the invitation despite being offline. I got disconnected within 1-2 seconds of attempting to get online upon accepting the invite however. orz

Furthermore, I had deleted data for both physical and digital, then ran only physical copy (just in case both versions were screwing each other somehow) and reinstalled the online pass the day before but I still couldn't get online. As last resort, I tried connecting directly to internet instead of via router. Same problem.

With all this stuff and the fact some players are still able to connect to LBPKarting servers while others like me aren't, I now suspect that the real problem may be where you are in relation to servers. For example, I've been told that the server connection is rather wonky for those in USA (where I am). If that's the case, then I may have to resign myself to the fact that I won't be able to connect to LBPK servers.

I guess I could try the last ditch resort of contacting Sony to see if they can figure out why, or have them remove my online pass (which I had redeemed via online link) so I could redeem the voucher that came with my physical disc. I doubt I'd have much luck, though...

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm in Oceania and I've not had issues with a Digital copy and pass.  The hardest bit was figuring out that the online pass is still available to download, even though you can't search for it on the PS Store.

I've also successfully connected online with someone in Europe and got the meetup trophy so it's definitely possible to still plat this game, assuming that you're not in NA.

• Like 1