F1 2012 General Discussion

Parker

This thread is for people who own this game to just talk about it. Things you like, career progress, gripes and everything in between.

Currently I'm sitting on pole in Canada and I'm driving for the Caterham F1 team. I passed every event in the Young Drivers Test with full chevrons and gold medals so I could choose any of teh starting teams, but I prefer a challenge and went with Caterham. Unfortunately even with the A.I. on Legend difficulty it in't too hard to keep up with the Red Bulls' McLarens and Ferrari's, especially in the rain. That being said I absolutely adore the game so far and I think it is a massive improvement from F1 2011 in every way. Graphics, sound, physics, menu structure and career structure.

How is everyone else doing?

Parker

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great race at Canada. The race started in the wet so we were all on Inters and about halfway through the race some of the pack decided to pit and go for options, and others stayed on the inters. I pitted and threw on some options and it was a great decision. I won by a very wide margin but it was very fun to have to completely change up tire and pit strategy during a race due to the weather. I'm really looking forward to more races like that, especially 100% distance races.

Parker

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently at the end of my first season with Force India, finished 6th in the Championship behind the 2 Red Bulls, McLaren's and Alonso with 2 victories around Singapore and Abu Dhabi. PIcked Massa in the rival challenge comfortably so will be piloting the 2nd Ferrari for my 2nd season. Qualifying isn't my strong point as i was out qualified 12-8 i think by Di Resta but beat him the races 14-6.

My aim for the season is to win the drivers championship and help Ferrari win the construcors

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished my first season with the KERSless Marussia.

3rd in the Driver's Championship with Hamilton winning and Alonso a very close second.

I started on Intermediate difficulty but found it too easy as I took pole and won easily in Australia and Malaysia. Changed it too Professional but I found it too hard and ended up starting a Trulli train in every race thereafter.

Switched back to Intermediate at Spa and I won each race after except for Monza where I finished 2nd.

Chose Perez as my rival, beat him at every race, and went to Sauber for my next season.

Started my season with Sauber in Professional and took pole in Australia where I somehow managed to fend off Hamilton for the win.

Took pole and won comfortably in Malaysia, China, and Bahrain. I also took pole in Spain, but I spun out at the exit of T11 at the final lap and lost the lead to Hamilton but managed to salvage 2nd.

Took pole in Monaco but I damaged my front wing during the race and ended up 6th.

Another pole and another easy victory at Montreal and am currently at Valencia with Hamilton and Grosjean (!!) as my main title rivals.

The game is somewhat easier than F1 2010 (skipped 2011). I only managed to take pole a single time in 2010 in Professional difficulty with the Sauber, which was at Singapore, but now I seem capable of taking pole in every race, sometimes by a margin of more than a second.

Edited by morningglories

I'm at Canada currently in my 2nd season, an OK start to the season with 2nd at Australia after starting 10th on the grid after messing up Q3, salvaged a 6th place finish from 18th on the grid in Malaysia after a wet qualifying session saw me qualify in 18th and was on for 3rd or 4th but spun out of T4 with a few laps to go. 

Took pole at China by a comfortable margin but a glitch in the game where it rained with barely a cloud in the sky, kept spinning so decided to retire. In Bahrain I missed out on pole by 0.047 from Kimi, got him at T1 then preceded to pull away to win by around 5 seconds.

Back in Europe and Put it on pole for the Spanish GP, Hamilton out-dragged me into T1 but only got back past him at the start of lap 4, pulled a 2 second gap to him then the pit release meant I was running behind Kimi, who was 3rd before the pit-stops, got past him and then Hamilton was held up in the pits meaning Webber was up to 2nd by the pit-stop phase was over but a few quick laps meant I won by 8 seconds.

Another wet qualifying session in Monaco left me 23rd on the grid, I went with the harder tyre with the intention to put in fast laps while they pitted, got up to 15th when trying to get up the inside of Senna i clipped him and spun, others behind me when into me and blocked up the track meaning the safety car came out. By the time the pit-stop phase was over I was 9th, I quickly dispatched Kimi and Schumacher and tracked down Alonso and overtook me around the outside of T1 for 6th with 2 laps to go, i closed up to the back of Button and after a penalty to Grosjean I finished 5th.

So after 6 races Hamilton leads the Drivers Championship with Me, KImi, Grosjean and Vettel all within 15 points of him. The constructors has Lotus from McLaren, Red Bull with my Ferrari team in 4th, 43 points behind 1st after some poor races by Alonso.

Will give the proper standings when I next go on

Edited by chrisjohnson93

Completed 3 more races while my internet was down yesterday, pole and victories around Canada and Great Britain, while an error in Valencia put me 10th and a late race charge to overtake Webber for 3rd place meant I led the Drivers Championship, I've got the top 10 in the Drivers and top 5 in the Constructors Championships off the game

Drivers Standings:

1. Chris Johnson - Ferrari - 151pts

2. Romain Grosjean - Lotus - 130pts

3. Lewis Hamilton - McLaren - 127pts

4. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull - 119pts

5. Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus - 91pts

6. Mark Webber - Reb Bull - 87pts

7. Jenson Button - McLaren - 68pts

8. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - 35pts

9. Nico Rosberg - Mercedes - 24pts

10. Michael Schumacher - Mercedes - 19pts

Constructors

1, Lotus F1 Team - 221pts

2. Red Bull Racing - 206pts

3. Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 195pts

4. Scuderia Ferrari - 186pts

5. Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - 43pts

As you can see I've got a 21 point lead in the Drivers Championship as a result of 3 straight podiums while others haven't picked around half the points I have and Kimi has scored less than 10 points. The Constructors are a 4 way battle with any of the top 4 teams can win it, I'm currently being let down by Fernando which leaves my Ferrari team 35 points behind the leaders.