Giving this another go

Dan_WatsonAU

So this is the game that got me to buy a PS4 and got me back in to gaming. I found it a huge disappointment, I picked up a copy for $8Au yesterday after watching the trailer for 2. 
Is there anything that maybe I missed last time that will make ti more enjoyable this time? Little tricks etc?

I platinumed this recently and it is the first game I got for PS4 as well, it came with the bundle. Took me a while to come back and finish it. I have a few suggestions:

-Hack everyone. You'll make plenty of money from the ATM's and you'll find plenty of entertainment from the NPC's personal lives and a few tracks for Song Sneak.

-Invest in the best weapons in the game and always keep your consumables full: IED's, Blackouts, etc.

-Focus your upgrades on what you need. Extra battery slots are your friend, the sooner the better.

-Unlock the extra Fast Travel hideouts earlier on in the game if you can. Makes the travel a little more bearable.

-If you ever need to escape the police or anyone chasing you, head for water and get on a boat. Makes evading people very easy.

-If you plan to platinum, work on side content alongside the story. You don't want to beat the game and then have to do all the repetitive stuff in one big shot.

• Like 1

I'm currently doing the same hahahaha

Somehow, the game does not seem as bad as I rememered it. I think all the hype played a bad move with this game some years ago.

Right now I consider it a fun game, not a masterpiece but still fun to play. I have to work in the online trophies, just in case someone wants to play with me :)

Thanks for the replies. I agree its not the best thing I've ever played but not nearly as bad as I remembered it being, I think its biggest issue is I got it bundled with the system and the last of us. That game set the bar pretty high I think.

A wise $8 to tide me over until no mans sky. I don't think I'm going for the MP trophies. 

Edited by Dan_WatsonAU

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies. I agree its not the best thing I've ever played but not nearly as bad as I remembered it being, I think its biggest issue is I got it bundled with the system and the last of us. That game set the bar pretty high I think.

A wise $8 to tide me over until no mans sky. I don't think I'm going for the MP trophies.

MP trophies aren't too tough. They are all stealth-based. Will need to boost Traced but the rest are doable, and actually a bit of fun. You jump into somebody else's game and hack them. Do the Tailing trophy first to get used to staying incognito. I always tailed in vehicles and kept pace with traffic.

Hacking is a bit more difficult, try and stay on the perimeter of the hacking zone. Hide in dumpsters or stay on rooftops. You can sense when someone is getting close to you so move accordingly. Don't run or you'll be spotted easily.

If you get busted, no big deal, just try again.

• 2 weeks later...