Persona 4 ARENA Challenge mode thread

Let's use this thread to ask tips or clarifications about these challenges.

This mode is not my priority yet, however I'll surely ask something about this, i never did these kind of challenges (those in  DoA 5 are very short & absolutely nothing in comparison to this) so they'll be seriously hard.

I think this is the only guide: https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjFnZz9scfNAhVDLhoKHV0tDk4QFgghMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.playstationtrophies.org%2Fforum%2Fpersona-4-arena%2F166843-persona-4-arena-challenge-mode-guide-help-thread.html&usg=AFQjCNEYFKdAScMoVa4VZfNEu9HMzBM8Kw

For now I'm alternating between SA & this mode (whenever I feel inspired).

About Labrys #26: the problem isn't the combo but the AoA MAX: I had several problems in getting that trophy which requires it, is there a trick about this? because the hit counter just increases too fast to can read it, is just intuition? looks like I haven't 0.0001 sec of mistake allowed when i reach 15th hit & must use C.

Plus, in the guide that I linked what mean:

-Dash

-OMB

-OMC

Edited by VirtualNight

Dash is double forward, OMB is One More Burst which means you activate your burst during the combo so you can extend your combo and OMC means One More Cancel this one is for challenges like Misturu where she jumpstarts with midair,5B>OMC>Midair.5B so you basically cancel your combo instant to allow another combo to happen where you normally cant trigger it.

Btw i have on my youtube channel some characters uploaded with all of their challenges, if you want i can quickly upload all other characters too.

Besides that just ask me where you need help with and where you have problems as i ve done them a thousand times by now. I also can stream them on twitch if requested.

For AoA*s bind your AoA Button to R1 and your OMC to R2 since its easier to press while comboing.

Edited by IKillGods

• 2 months later...

Anyone had problems for Naoto #29? after the IAD I can't hit with C, at the same time that I press it Yu recovers, after several hours nothing has changed, I kept trying the combo from 236B but nothing -_- , unlike the previous challenges where after some hours I learned what I was doing wrong, here nothing, to do the AID I hold 9 during the first 5C & then quickly 66, usually AID goes.

Watching Vesper vid doesn't help, I can't see clearly how he moves the stick or when exactly.

• Like 1

Anyone had problems for Naoto #29? after the IAD I can't hit with C, at the same time that I press it Yu recovers, after several hours nothing has changed, I kept trying the combo from 236B but nothing -_- , unlike the previous challenges where after some hours I learned what I was doing wrong, here nothing, to do the AID I hold 9 during the first 5C & then quickly 66, usually AID goes.

Watching Vesper vid doesn't help, I can't see clearly how he moves the stick or when exactly.

Here is the solution.

After you've done the 236B, you will want to cancel that with D and input quite delayed the 5C. After 5C you need to cancel pretty late with 8>66C(Not 9 like you said). It is late canceling and it is full input control. No holding the 8 while you're still performing the 5C. All inputs are single segments.

Edited by Stevieboy

Back to topic... I done challenge #29 Naoto.

i used a different combo:

You must have at least 50 sp before start. After 236B, 5D, 5C, input 236236D, now count to around 2, then you must jump & be at the same height of Yu, before touching ground input 5D & the rest of the combo. This takes few practice, you must learn both time & height (with wrong height your 236A won't hit), but this was MUCH easier than the IAD tactic for me.

So the combo is:

AoA MAX - 5D - 5B - 5C - 236B - 5D - 5C - 236236D - air 5C - 214 C+D - 5B - 236A - 5D - 214C - 2A+B - 236A

EDIT: About Yukiko #29, I used the tactic from NIOHIRO but without delaying B like him (I hadn't to try too much after that I understood how to press all inputs, you shouldn't boring yourself with a perfet time for D, I just tap it quickly & I can complete this challenge in few time). What counts is that you put the R2 button for D, so it'll be easier input D in this challenge.

Vid:

Edited by VirtualNight